talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chess

football forum

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, 6666 said:

So what's the Magnus Carlsen/Hans Niemann beef?

Magnus suspecting that Niemann cheated, as he did in the past. He quit a tournament after losing to him, and when he played against him in another tournament later, he resigned after the first move. 

Some say Niemann might have used vibrating anal beads to cheat. xD

Here's Carlsen's official statement:

The most important question though: Why is a 19 year old American called Hans Niemann? xD

5 hours ago, Tommy said:

Magnus suspecting that Niemann cheated, as he did in the past. He quit a tournament after losing to him, and when he played against him in another tournament later, he resigned after the first move. 

Some say Niemann might have used vibrating anal beads to cheat. xD

Here's Carlsen's official statement:

The most important question though: Why is a 19 year old American called Hans Niemann? xD

5 hours ago, nudge said:

WTF xD Would be quite a feat to encode chess moves into anal beads vibration frequencies xD 

I hope it is true but it is 100% a rumour. Some people were spit balling cheating techniques and made a joke about it, but of course a few publications ran with it it and it snow balled.

Why wouldn’t an American have that name?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Hans Niemann Suing Magnus Carlsen, Chess.com For $100 Million (kotaku.com)

Now it's time to see who is bluffing and who isn't. Chess.com is probably going to have a field-day with the amount of data they supposedly have and if they don't then its going to get even more funnier as this lawsuit progresses. I honestly hope this guy didn't cheat when he beat Carlsen. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/10/2022 at 12:42, 6666 said:

How much do online games count for in official ratings?

Depends. 

Is it a FIDE approved tournament? (you'd known in the details or in the name). 

It's still not all that easy to find online tournaments that are 'officially' rated, as cheating is so easy to do online. 

With that being the case, there are more and more, but unless you are in the US, you need to look for FIDE rated chess tournaments. Play in those and your results will be loaded to FIDE and you'll get a proper rating. 

9 hours ago, Eco said:

Depends. 

Is it a FIDE approved tournament? (you'd known in the details or in the name). 

It's still not all that easy to find online tournaments that are 'officially' rated, as cheating is so easy to do online. 

With that being the case, there are more and more, but unless you are in the US, you need to look for FIDE rated chess tournaments. Play in those and your results will be loaded to FIDE and you'll get a proper rating. 

Welcome back. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Welcome back. 

Cheers - wouldn't say I'm 'back', as I don't have nearly as much time as I used to, but I had the urge to check in recently and it's good to see you and others appearing to be doing well. 

• 5 months later...

Anyone following the World Championship game? The deciding game between Ding and Nepo ended in a draw, so there's another potential decider tomorrow. I'm rooting for Ding! 

But I have to say, there have been so many blunders and sloppy moments in these games, I think it would have been a walk in the park for Magnus. It's a shame he chose not to defend his title. 

• 3 months later...