talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2020/21 - [17. Spieltag] - 19-20th January, 2021

football forum

Just now, Tommy said:

Really looking forwar to RB - Union tomorrow. Union could cement their place as a real "challenger". 

Yes, RB Leipzig would usually expect to win relatively easily against Union. But the way Union have been playing this season, that match will be anything but easy for RB Leipzig and it should be a close affair. I am also looking forward to the Freiburg v Frankfurt match. That should also be an intriguing encounter. It will be interesting to see if the Silva and Jovic partnership will be able to earn Frankfurt a vital away win against a very competent Freiburg side.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Come on, Schalke! 

Hoppe fluffed a big chance there at the end of the 1st half and Uth had a well struck long range effort saved. Both these sides are quite equally matched in my opinion. I have a strong feeling though that Schalke will get something out of this match despite being one nil down at half-time.

4 minutes ago, Michael said:

Lewandowski gives Bayern the lead away to Augsburg. He is scoring for fun this season and looking to break several records.

Parts of German media are suggesting he might even break Gerd Müller's all time record of 40 goals in one season. Doubt it personally but wouldn't bet too much money against it.

30 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Bielefeld beating Stuttgart quite comfortably is my surprise of the evening. 

That's mostly bad news to Schalke and Mainz, as Bielefeld steer further away from the automatic relegation places. In fact, 16th placed Koln are now 8 points ahead of both 17th placed Mainz and 18th placed Schalke. The odds of remaining in the 1. Bundesliga are now firmly stacked against the bottom two clubs.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived