• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester City 2-0 Chelsea - Tuesday 19th January, 2021

football forum

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Chelsea´s midfield is terrible. It doesn´t create nor defend. 

They badly need a 6 AND a 8. 

A #6 possibly, but Sarri made our midfield function as it is. Lampard's inexperience just really on display the past several games. 

- 0 wins, 2 draws, and 4 defeats against the Top 6. 

- 9 points behind Leicester and 5 points off 4th having played an additional match.

- Regressing by the game with no clear identity and signs of progression. 

I'd be shocked if Lampard survives the night. 

Nice to see Maddison getting back to something like his best.

He seemed to struggle for a while to make the same impact in games that he was doing when he originally moved there. I wondered if he was just another overhyped English footballer.

However, I've been really impressed with him the last couple games, I'd say it's his performances that have really kicked Leicester on in the last fee games I've seen against Newcastle, Saints and now Chelsea.

Looks confident on the ball again and importantly, his end product looks a big threat again. Chipping in with goals taking the burden off Vardy is a big bonus.

43 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Remember when I said Kai Havertz was very expensive for someone so young? He looked absolutely out of his depth here... and he's never really looked great at any point for Chelsea this season imo.

Shame as well. He looked world class at Leverkusen.

• Subscriber

We're looking very good now. I think Ndidi's return has taken us to another level. Earlier in the season we were winning games but I was often a little bemused as to how and felt we'd been a bit fortunate. The last few weeks however I think we've been much better, tonight was just one of those nights you really do look at us and think we have done things so well at this club. This summer we spent essentially just the money we took in for Chilwell and tonight we've beaten his new side in what felt a near procession. I had no doubts from very early on who would be taking the points tonight. We were assured, defensively solid, just a very good team. I don't think we're going to win the league, but I think we're too far into this season to not be considered in the discussion now.

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, Lucas said:

He seemed to struggle for a while to make the same impact in games that he was doing when he originally moved there. I wondered if he was just another overhyped English footballer.

However, I've been really impressed with him the last couple games, I'd say it's his performances that have really kicked Leicester on in the last fee games I've seen against Newcastle, Saints and now Chelsea.

Looks confident on the ball again and importantly, his end product looks a big threat again. Chipping in with goals taking the burden off Vardy is a big bonus.

He's class on and off the pitch. Nice to see a player not constantly trot out the one-liners and you can just see his love for the game. Confidence is high.

11 minutes ago, Dan said:

We're looking very good now. I think Ndidi's return has taken us to another level. Earlier in the season we were winning games but I was often a little bemused as to how and felt we'd been a bit fortunate. The last few weeks however I think we've been much better, tonight was just one of those nights you really do look at us and think we have done things so well at this club. This summer we spent essentially just the money we took in for Chilwell and tonight we've beaten his new side in what felt a near procession. I had no doubts from very early on who would be taking the points tonight. We were assured, defensively solid, just a very good team. I don't think we're going to win the league, but I think we're too far into this season to not be considered in the discussion now.

The value of Ricardo/Justin/Castagne is one Chilwell.

Mad.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

He's class on and off the pitch. Nice to see a player not constantly trot out the one-liners and you can just see his love for the game. Confidence is high.

The value of Ricardo/Justin/Castagne is one Chilwell.

Mad.

It's mental really. We have sold a defender for £80mil and a full back for £50mil in the last two years, yet have 3 very good centre halves, and 3 very good full backs. The recruitment by and large has been excellent. Justin is looking a better and better buy by the week.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Danny said:

Na shout out to Johnny Evans at his age and height still having the agility to hit the deck to get under that Ndidi strike, my knees wouldn’t have liked that movement 

Even more impressive considering Evans would have had no idea Ndidi would shin it and slice it like that xD 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Managed to watch a glimpse of the game before heading out. Saw that superb tackle from Justin on CHO. There precisely lies the problem with Lampard and his tactics. Kovacic had the ball from one end, and CHO was in acres of space out wide. Instead of moving the ball quickly by playing it directly to CHO to catch Justin out of position, Kovacic lethargically played the ball to James, and then James played the ball to CHO. And while that was playing out, Justin had enough time to correct his position and hound CHO before he even got the ball. 

So easy to defend against. 

That's exactly what happens to us when we're off the boil, lacking in confidence, form etc... was a frequent thing under Puel. It's infuriating to watch. It's a sign of poor coaching, to be honest, as were lots of your issues tonight. The analysis was quite good I thought. It's all about the split second differences and we often caught you out.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Maddison's in probably the best form he's been in since we signed him. I'd begun to have serious doubts but he's been immense lately. I wonder if he was injured.

It was a long old day for me at work yesterday so I didn't bother watching this in the end and glad I didn't... We have become far too predictable 

In a lot of ways I can't blame Lampard as he simply does not have the experience to get the best out of the players or the tactical ability to turn games around and I know he still has a lot to learn but this was always going to be a big job for him and unless Abramovich has a sudden change in his long term view of how the the club is going to be managed he clearly won't last the season out... 

It's a shame as well, this season started out with such promise with the new signings and once those players settled in a bit and we did have a brief period where it was starting to look like we might be heading in the right direction but we are just an expensive mid table side at best now. We are back exactly where we were last season.. Tons of possession with hardly any threat going forward and making silly mistakes at the back... It's not like we are even having any games where we look half decent anymore, It's inexplicable how we can be this awful with the players we have and not even have one decent performance in us... 

• The title was changed to Leicester City 2-0 Chelsea - Tuesday 19th January, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived