talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 2-0 Aston Villa - Wednesday 20th January, 2021

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 18.00

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png      VS     1200px-Aston_Villa_FC_crest_(2016).svg.p

Recent Form
Man City - WWWWW
Aston Villa - LLDWW

Last 3 Meetings
01/03/2020 - Aston Villa 1-3 Man City (EFL Cup)
12/01/2020 - Aston Villa 1-6 Man City
26/10/2019 - Man City 3-0 Aston Villa

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Man City 1-0 Aston Villa - Wednesday 20th January, 2021

Okay, I’ve just looked at that replay. How is that not an offside? I don’t understand how any ref (who are meant to be qualified) can look at that replay and not see Rodri clearly interfere with play?! 

Hope Dean Smith called him a fat useless cunt, because it would have been accurate. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Redcanuck said:

So Rodrigo comes back from an offside position, steals the ball from Mings and passes to Siva who scores?   Thats legal?

Nope, it should have been offside and it's what Smith was so angry about.

• Administrator
Just now, Rick said:

Okay, I’ve just looked at that replay. How is that not an offside? I don’t understand how any ref (who are meant to be qualified) can look at that replay and not see Rodri clearly interfere with play?! 

Can't work it out either. He clearly interferes and touches the ball from Mings. Not like Mings slipped or anything and Rodri took it. He clearly tackles him.

• The title was changed to Man City 2-0 Aston Villa - Wednesday 20th January, 2021
  • Administrator
Just now, Rick said:

And that wasn’t a penalty. I’d be swinging fists at that fat blob in the refs office after the game.

And just like that, my immense hatred for Oil FC returns. 

Yes it was. Hand was up. Blocked the header with his hand. Quite clear I think.

• Administrator

Can't wait for the shitty weak PGMOL statement saying it was a wrong decision and they apologise for it, as if that will make some kind of difference to Villa. It totally changed the outcome of the game and the officials should be ashamed at how bad a howler that is.

• Administrator
Just now, Rick said:

In the last few weeks we haven’t been seeing pens for stuff like that. I think it’s harsh. 

Regardless, that first City goal was gifted to them just as Villa were turning the screw. 

We got one earlier in the season when the arm was much lower. Think it was against Wolves.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived