talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fulham 1-2 Man Utd - Wednesday 20th January, 2021

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 20.15

Live on BT Sport

1200px-Fulham_FC_(shield).svg.png      VS     220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Recent Form
Fulham - LDWDD
Man Utd - DWWLW

Last 3 Meetings
09/02/2019 - Fulham 0-3 Man Utd
08/12/2018 - Man Utd 4-1 Fulham
09/02/2014 - Man Utd 2-2 Fulham

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Fulham 1-0 Man Utd - Wednesday 20th January, 2021
  • The title was changed to Fulham 1-2 Man Utd - Wednesday 20th January, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned
30 minutes ago, MUFC said:

I see the Chelsea and Arsenal fans have stopped sarcastically saying give Ole a contract for life, how things have changed. 

Unlike Manchester United fans who are back with all the 'Ole at the wheel' stuff. 

Fwiw, I still think Solskjaer is a poor manager. Your position is largely down to this being an extraordinary season, in what other season would a team who had already lost 3 games and drawn 3 be top? I hope that you come close to the title though, that way you'll keep on to him even longer.

• Subscriber

Since he joined, Solskjaer's Man Utd have always fluctuated between spells of looking like prime Fergie's side and looking like Moyes' side. Didn't they win 11 on the bounce when he first took over or something mad?

I do think they'll fall away but you can't really argue with their recent run of form and he does deserve credit. It's where they should be though to be honest, let's not pretend that this is overachieving. Liverpool are ravaged by injuries, Chelsea have been a non-entity, Man City haven't had a fit striker all season and have only just really got going, and Man Utd have much better and more expensive players than the rest of the league apart from those three sides. If Solskjaer was sitting below the likes of Leicester and Everton with the squad he has at his disposal compared to theirs, it would be an utter embarrassment.

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Unlike Manchester United fans who are back with all the 'Ole at the wheel' stuff. 

Fwiw, I still think Solskjaer is a poor manager. Your position is largely down to this being an extraordinary season, in what other season would a team who had already lost 3 games and drawn 3 be top? I hope that you come close to the title though, that way you'll keep on to him even longer.

We never said Ole was a great manager. But when fans from other top clubs were mocking him, now look at how they're doing. Remember the biggest darling of them all Lampard and Chelsea don't seem to have the same stick thrown at them. It isn't like they haven't spent money. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Since he joined, Solskjaer's Man Utd have always fluctuated between spells of looking like prime Fergie's side and looking like Moyes' side. Didn't they win 11 on the bounce when he first took over or something mad?

I do think they'll fall away but you can't really argue with their recent run of form and he does deserve credit. It's where they should be though to be honest, let's not pretend that this is overachieving. Liverpool are ravaged by injuries, Chelsea have been a non-entity, Man City haven't had a fit striker all season and have only just really got going, and Man Utd have much better and more expensive players than the rest of the league apart from those three sides. If Solskjaer was sitting below the likes of Leicester and Everton with the squad he has at his disposal compared to theirs, it would be an utter embarrassment.

Being honest, even during our long spell of wins. We've never looked like prime Fergie sides, we usually win by the odd goal in one and don't really create that many chances per game.

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, MUFC said:

We never said Ole was a great manager. But when fans from other top clubs were mocking him, now look at how they're doing. Remember the biggest darling of them all Lampard and Chelsea don't seem to have the same stick thrown at them. It isn't like they haven't spent money. 

He's definitely under pressure now.

• Subscriber

Forget about all this Prime Fergie Time, Moyes, LVG, Jose & Ole will never produce what Fergie did nowadays, today's football managers have a time limit of 3/4 years max with top clubs in the EPL, produce or win nothing then its 'Goodbye Vienna', you might as well say Prime Bob Paisley Time, Prime Arsene Wenger time in their era, they all come to an end sooner than later and a new generation of managers appear.

If United did win the EPL this year or a trophy of any sort then I will take my hat off to the little smiling gnome but I often wonder if we did not have this Coronavirus hitting football where the fans would be packing the stadiums singing and roaring to the high heavens the EPL table would look completely different than it is nowadays.

I am glad that United are sitting on top of the pile and not staring at the relegation zone and I am sure there are Arsenal & Chelsea fans looking at United and wishing they were up there and maybe thinking "I wish Ole would hurry up and fuck off..." I know when the great Bob Paisley was riding the waves with Liverpool and top of the pile I would look at the league table and say "I wish Paisley would just fuck off..."  :whistling:

These are my thoughts only and others may differ. :D

Archived