talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2020/21 - Fourth Round Matches

football forum

45 minutes ago, Storts said:

Not looking forward to Thursday night - thought Liverpool actually played pretty well, and surely they’ll revert to having actually footballers at the back against us and not competition winners 

Given the example Manchester United have just set I’d have thought you’d feel quietly confident. Liverpool are very vulnerable to the counter attack and you’ve been brilliant at that.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Given the example Manchester United have just set I’d have thought you’d feel quietly confident. Liverpool are very vulnerable to the counter attack and you’ve been brilliant at that.

Matip should play on Thursday though. Even if he doesn't, I don't see Williams playing again. If Matip doesn't then Henderson will if he's fit

Winning a free kick (diving) is as much a part of today's game than shooting, tackling etc, unfortunately. 

Just another part of the game that has gone down hill. 

As for the game, well the FA Cup used to be magical. I literally feel nothing. 

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

You would think manu or spurs would be a little more adventurous playing us at home considering our patchwork defence?

Unfortunately Mourinho will probably play the same tactics as Ole did in his two games against us.

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Winning a free kick (diving) is as much a part of today's game than shooting, tackling etc, unfortunately. 

Just another part of the game that has gone down hill. 

As for the game, well the FA Cup used to be magical. I literally feel nothing. 

You'll always get cheats trying to con the ref, it would be nice if these talking heads would call them out for it out rather than blindly accepting that cheating is now an acceptable part of the game.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Richarlison has been pretty poor all in all again really despite the goal. We need him back in form for the second half of the season.

Hat-trick incoming on Wednesday.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Hat-trick incoming on Wednesday.

He does love one against Leicester to be fair xD. Maddison will have a field day against our midfield though as Doucoure is suspended so it's probably going to be Davies, Gomes and Sigurdsson.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

He does love one against Leicester to be fair xD. Maddison will have a field day against our midfield though as Doucoure is suspended so it's probably going to be Davies, Gomes and Sigurdsson.

I did hear that today actually - Doucoure was best player on the pitch back in December when you beat us. With us having Ndidi back, and you missing Doucoure, I wonder if that could be the difference this time around.

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Stan said:

I did hear that today actually - Doucoure was best player on the pitch back in December when you beat us. With us having Ndidi back, and you missing Doucoure, I wonder if that could be the difference this time around.

It's a fixture that's oddly favoured the away team quite a lot in recent years. Not that confident.

• Subscriber

Bale with the first real chance. Not even hitting the target with a clear header from a corner. He needs to shine sooner rather than later, and I hope he does! Be good to see some of that old magic from him. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived