talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2020/21 - [18. Spieltag] - 22-24th January, 2021

football forum

1 minute ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

And Dortmund sit on 8th place with more than half the matchdays played. O.o

Dortmund really need to sort their defence out. Going forward they can carve most teams open, but defensively, they are a shambles at times.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
Just now, Michael said:

Many of the teams have looked a bit tired, due to the fixture congestion over the past week. So I think that this match in Berlin could go either way really.

I still have PTSD after that 1-4 loss on the first matchday. Granted, the scoreline flattered them as I thought they weren't that great, but it was still a huge loss nonetheless... Lukebakio not in Hertha's match squad is good news for us, but then we'll probably struggle to contain Cunha and Cordoba again anyway. Möhwald is out injured again, and I don' t really trust a Meggestein and Mbom midfield. On the other hand, our defense has been pretty good lately, so if we don't concede stupid goals, we might have a chance. As long as we manage to score, that is. Selke with a hattrick would be nice :ph34r:

Given other results today (Mainz and Augbsurg winning), 3 points would be very important here...

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

I still have PTSD after that 1-4 loss on the first matchday. Granted, the scoreline flattered them as I thought they weren't that great, but it was still a huge loss nonetheless... Lukebakio not in Hertha's match squad is good news for us, but then we'll probably struggle to contain Cunha and Cordoba again anyway. Möhwald is out injured again, and I don' t really trust a Meggestein and Mbom midfield. On the other hand, our defense has been pretty good lately, so if we don't concede stupid goals, we might have a chance. As long as we manage to score, that is. Selke with a hattrick would be nice :ph34r:

Given other results today (Mainz and Augbsurg winning), 3 points would be very important here...

I understand, but despite Werder's loss to Gladbach the other day, they actually played quite well. They had a couple of very dangerous chances, from which they should have really scored. I think Selke getting a hattrick today is a bit too much to ask, but a win is very possible. As you said, Cordoba and Cunha are probably Hertha's biggest threats. However, I have been impressed with Darida and Guendouzi as well this season, as they have both been quite a threat this season. Having said that, Hertha's defence hasn't been great at all this season, it's even been worse than Werder's which says something, lol. Hopefully for your sake, a game changing player like Rashica can come off the bench and decide the match. xD Good luck either way.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Michael said:

I understand, but despite Werder's loss to Gladbach the other day, they actually played quite well. They had a couple of very dangerous chances, from which they should have really scored. I think Selke getting a hattrick today is a bit too much to ask, but a win is very possible. As you said, Cordoba and Cunha are probably Hertha's biggest threats. However, I have been impressed with Darida and Guendouzi as well this season, as they have both been quite a threat this season. Having said that, Hertha's defence hasn't been great at all this season, it's even been worse than Werder's which says something, lol. Hopefully for your sake, a game changing player like Rashica can come off the bench and decide the match. xD Good luck either way.

Our defence is actually not that bad this season, we conceded as many (or rather as few?) goals as Bayern so far this season xD 5th best in the league in that aspect. It's our lack of goal scoring that's worrying. Only 19 goals in 17 matches; that's very poor. 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Our defence is actually not that bad this season, we conceded as many (or rather as few?) goals as Bayern so far this season xD 5th best in the league in that aspect. It's our lack of goal scoring that's worrying. Only 19 goals in 17 matches; that's very poor. 

You need a fit Fullkrug back, it's just a shame that he is so injury prone. :(

• Subscriber

Schmid getting better with every match, I expect his development to be similar to that of Junuzovic. A lot of hard work and glimpses of creativity but also lost possession at the start, and then start delivering once he adapts properly. 

• Administrator
Just now, nudge said:

Hahahaha Hertha miss the penalty xD

Not sure about any others but Hertha, Stuttgart and Union all missed penalties today to equalise.

Just now, Stan said:

Not sure about any others but Hertha, Stuttgart and Union all missed penalties today to equalise.

Yeah, Gonzalez and Cunha also did that staggered run up to take their penalties, which usually ends up with a miss. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Michael said:

Yeah, Gonzalez and Cunha also did that staggered run up to take their penalties, which usually ends up with a miss. 

Serves them right for being show off posers :P

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Michael said:

Just now, nudge said:

Serve them right for being show off posers :P

Haha beat me to it. I was going to say serves them right too. Can't stand it. Doesn't even look good. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived