talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Famous Artists/Songs from your country

football forum

I will start with my country The Netherlands, I will put several artists, people famous for music and songs that are well known here.

Eddie and Alex Van Halen are/were from Amsterdam

eddie-alex-van-halen-interview_March_201

Colonel Parker - Elvis Manager was from Breda

OKiAsEf4ojIpm5fEzXsxIEj-0F0s2IugxwpxK81s

DJ Tiesto is from Breda

screen-shot-2018-06-12-at-12.48.25.png?w

Vengaboys from Rotterdam

2 Unlimited - from Amsterdam

Alice Deejay

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well like I just said, the tune is 100% Peruvian. Simon and Garfunkel obviously aren't that but the tune is about 100 years old and is famous worldwide.

As for actual artists, Chabuca Granda, Pedro Suarez Vertiz, Arturo Cavero are some well known ones but Peru isn't a country renown for its music. I do actually enjoy our music but I can definitely see why it doesn't have the widest appeal.

Pedro Suarez-Vertiz probably the most international but least recognized of the 3 I mentioned.

2 hours ago, Panna King said:

Boney M lead singer Bobby Farrell is from The Netherlands also, he was born on the Dutch Island of Aruba and brought up in Amsterdam.

Boney M dancer Bobby Farrell you mean, as it's commonly known that he only pretended to sing while the voice came from Frank Fahrian, who's German and lived nearby my city.xD

We peaked in the 80s

ACDC
INXS
Midnight Oil
Little River Band was originally Australian but eventually all the members became American
Men At Work
Tame Impala
Nick Cave

Beegees spent a lot of their youth in Australia but you would say they were more English, Andy I think spent the most time in Oz.

There is a lot more of course but most are mainly popular in Australia

9 hours ago, Spike said:

We peaked in the 80s

ACDC
INXS
Midnight Oil
Little River Band was originally Australian but eventually all the members became American
Men At Work
Tame Impala
Nick Cave

Beegees spent a lot of their youth in Australia but you would say they were more English, Andy I think spent the most time in Oz.

There is a lot more of course but most are mainly popular in Australia

Wheres Kylie?

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Pugwash said:

John, you do know Rod Stewart is from London mate     lol.

I know, but he loves Scotland and Celtic, I was born in England but grew up in Australia and then moved to Scotland years ago as my mother was a Glaswegian from Mary Hill, right of birth me on my mums side :D

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Pugwash said:

A Cockney Jock Tim    lol

Off topic again, my old man was English, and I was born in Tilbury, Essex, the dock area and rough as fuck but we emigrated to Australia when I was 11 years old so I class myself more Scottish/Australian than English. ;)

6 hours ago, Panna King said:

Die Toten Hosen are from my city. :) Didn't post them because I wasn't sure if they're known outside of Germany. I know they got some followers in South America. 

On 02/02/2021 at 07:29, Tommy said:

Die Toten Hosen are from my city. :) Didn't post them because I wasn't sure if they're known outside of Germany. I know they got some followers in South America. 

I always thought this was done by a German but recently found out they are Italian xD

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

@Panna King The Dutch certainly know how to throw out banging trance/dance tunes.

But you forgot my man Armin van Buuren!

Some Djs off the top of my heard from The Netherlands apart from some already mentioned

Classic from Tiesto

Afrojack

Ferry Corsten

Don Diablo

Sander Van Doorn

Fedde Le Grand

Chocolate Puma

Paul Elstak

Hardwell

Junkie XL

DJ Jean

R3hab