talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Frank Lampard Sacked by Chelsea

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Lucas said:

The Championship. He needs to earn his stripes first.

He's got nothing in his resume that indicates he is worthy of anything higher IMO.

Ideally needs to find a club w8th promotion aspirations, similar to when he went to Derby, and have a couple seasons experience.

If they got relegated, and Big Sam fucked off, West Brom wouldn't be a bad starter upper for him actually.

This would be ideal imo but he’ll probably snatch a lower Prem side.

If you look at Gerrard at Rangers, he’s come from coaching the academy side at Liverpool, moved to a side that has wiggle room to sign players, should be better than most sides in that division, not at the highest level so time to find his feet and at the end of it all a chance for silverware and European football. It’s a perfect job for him. Celtic will provide Lampard with greater expectation on him imo as they have better finances and generally better scouting, plus expectation of being the favourites for the title. But it wouldn’t be a bad job for him to go to

14 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

I can't see that myself Lucas. It would have to be a Championship club with deep pockets, and if you were that why would you hire him when better managers are available?

Someone like Bristol City would be perfect

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Lucas said:

The Championship. He needs to earn his stripes first.

He's got nothing in his resume that indicates he is worthy of anything higher IMO.

Ideally needs to find a club w8th promotion aspirations, similar to when he went to Derby, and have a couple seasons experience.

If they got relegated, and Big Sam fucked off, West Brom wouldn't be a bad starter upper for him actually.

Let him earn his stripes in the SPL as Celtic manager then make the step up to the Championship?

It's evident there are glaring holes in Lampard's management. The biggest ones being tactical aptitude and in game management. He needs to be at a club where the pressure is relatively low so that he can actually work towards what he wants in his football. With enough experience, he'll make better informed decisions with respect to game management. 

22 minutes ago, ToonFan said:

Somewhere like us, consistently flirting with relegation and with no ambition whatsoever might be a good launchpad. If he doesn't achieve anything he can blame it on the club. 

Would anyone want that job after the way Rafa was treated?

13 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Let him earn his stripes in the SPL as Celtic manager then make the step up to the Championship?

Celtic are a massive club with huge expectancy. I don't think he needs that kind of pressure on his plate. He needs to go somewhere which gives him the time to do things his way.

He needs to find somewhere like a Bournemouth or someone like that, a club that has a good platform for him to work with, without a monster sized fanbase expecting the very best.

He will be able to attract players like he did with Mount, Tomori and Wilson, and build a side that way. To be fair to him, he was doing an ok job at Derby and had this happened a month ago, there is every chance he could have been back there instead of Rooney having it.

35 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

I can't see that myself Lucas. It would have to be a Championship club with deep pockets, and if you were that why would you hire him when better managers are available?

I think given he had one season where he got his club to a playoff final (more luck than judgement) but his side played good football and he unearthed the likes of Mount, Wilson and Tomori is enough incentive for any Championship team to want him in charge. 

Of course he'd love a nice transfer kitty but let's be fair to him, he has actually had a season at the top level without spending a penny so it's not like he can't do it. 

Honestly, he would really benefit from a couple season's down there and given his name, he'll have no problems attracting players to play for him. It'd be a great chance to rebuild his reputation.

7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Celtic are a massive club with huge expectancy. I don't think he needs that kind of pressure on his plate. He needs to go somewhere which gives him the time to do things his way.

It's weird that people think Rangers and Celtic are low pressure jobs. I never expected Gerrard to handle it as well as he has tbh.

7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

To be fair to him, he was doing an ok job at Derby and had this happened a month ago, there is every chance he could have been back there instead of Rooney having it.

Rooney or Lampard?

I hope to god we never have to make that decision :whistling:

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I think given he had one season where he got his club to a playoff final (more luck than judgement) but his side played good football and he unearthed the likes of Mount, Wilson and Tomori is enough incentive for any Championship team to want him in charge. 

Of course he'd love a nice transfer kitty but let's be fair to him, he has actually had a season at the top level without spending a penny so it's not like he can't do it. 

Honestly, he would really benefit from a couple season's down there and given his name, he'll have no problems attracting players to play for him. It'd be a great chance to rebuild his reputation.

He didn't have the shed load of cash to spend that other managers at Chelsea have had but he inherited a pretty expensive squad.

Just now, Rab said:

It's weird that people think Rangers and Celtic are low pressure jobs. I never expected Gerrard to handle it as well as he has tbh.

Yeah, brilliant really. Not just domestically but Europe as well, that's what's really impressed me. 

Credit to him and to be frank (excuse the pun), he should make sure he stays at Rangers too, least for another year to defend their impending title.

That would tee him up perfectly for his next job.

5 minutes ago, Rab said:

Dunno anyone who feels that way Rab?

Imho Rangers and Celtic are bigger clubs than half the clubs in the Prem.

This just seems a little bit harsh to me, had a half a season with a squad that he put together with players that clearly needed some time to adapt to this league. It's a job that needed time and he'll be gutted he hasn't been given that time.

16 minutes ago, Rab said:

The only thing about Celtic is that expectations have been nuked so hard that I think any moderate degree of competence and seriousness would buy a pretty decent chunk of goodwill.

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Lucas said:

He needs to find somewhere like a Bournemouth or someone like that, a club that has a good platform for him to work with, without a monster sized fanbase expecting the very best.

He will be able to attract players like he did with Mount, Tomori and Wilson, and build a side that way. To be fair to him, he was doing an ok job at Derby and had this happened a month ago, there is every chance he could have been back there instead of Rooney having it.

hd_8eaf4364-9e5c-480f-b2eb-5effd8e3637e_

Come back to this thread when he's managing Celtic next ;)

From the Athletic: 

1. Lampard's relationship with Marina deteriorated as results + performances were not reflecting the amount of money the club spent last summer. His desire to resign Declan Rice this month also annoyed the club. 

2. Ralf Ragnick was offered an interim job last week but turned it down. 

3. Leicester game was tipping point for immediate action. 

4. Some players complained about lack of tactical instructions and being not spoken to for months. 

5. Dressing room felt no manager empathy and were hurt by Lampard's public criticism.

I mean some of these things were what we could even see from the outside. 

29 minutes ago, Cicero said:
29 minutes ago, Cicero said:

From the Athletic: 

1. Lampard's relationship with Marina deteriorated as results + performances were not reflecting the amount of money the club spent last summer. His desire to resign Declan Rice this month also annoyed the club. 

2. Ralf Ragnick was offered an interim job last week but turned it down. 

3. Leicester game was tipping point for immediate action. 

4. Some players complained about lack of tactical instructions and being not spoken to for months. 

5. Dressing room felt no manager empathy and were hurt by Lampard's public criticism.

I mean some of these things were what we could even see from the outside. 

If the bolded part this true Tuchel is a odd choice. Maybe he changed in France, but in Germany he never shied away from criticizing his players harshly when they didn't perform as expected neither in Mainz nor in Dortmund. Doesn't tend to throw his players under the bus though, to be fair.

1 hour ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

Dunno anyone who feels that way Rab?

Imho Rangers and Celtic are bigger clubs than half the clubs in the Prem.

Josh mentioned about him going to Celtic to earn his stripes. Rangers and Celtic your typical stripe earning clubs. There's very little room for error.

Rangers fans were starting to get frustrated with Gerrard last season because we were in a good position then after Christmas the whole team just fell apart for no obvious reason.

Archived