talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Frank Lampard Sacked by Chelsea

8 hours ago, Inverted said:

I think he's a decent manager and obviously can get a lot better, but the Chelsea job post-embargo was too much for him too soon. 

I wouldn't mind him at Celtic tbh. I don't think he's tactically as astute as Gerrard, but he at least seems to have a consistent tactical aim and he gets a tune out of young talented players. 

That would be interesting, Gerrard vs Lampard almost too good to be true though.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the point in Lampard getting another job? He's failed and is on his way down now. It's highly unlikely he'll get a 2nd chance at the top. What is the point in spending a few years in Scotland just to end up at Brighton or something? What's the end goal? England? Probably has more chance becoming next England manager by not taking another club job.

11 minutes ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

What's the point in Lampard getting another job? He's failed and is on his way down now. It's highly unlikely he'll get a 2nd chance at the top. What is the point in spending a few years in Scotland just to end up at Brighton or something? What's the end goal? England? Probably has more chance becoming next England manager by not taking another club job.

Brendan had more about him by the time he went to Celtic, but his career had deteriorated after that phenomenal season and everyone thought he was on his way out. Time at Celtic completely helped him rejuvenate himself and now he’s managing a club that’s challenging for the title in England.

The thing with Lampard is whether or not he can improve his coaching and in game managerial skills. Been interesting so far watching him though, especially that spat he had with Klopp’s coaching staff where he came off the worse for. As well as losing his shit over Bielsa at Derby, just seems a bit too sensitive so far, school prefect vibes. At least as a player he could use it to drive him to banging a goal in or two...now he’s got to use people skills to manage others and not get so wound up.

• Subscriber

Having better/more expensive players and higher expectations this season have really exposed Lampard's glass ceiling. I feel for him slightly, Chelsea came in for him too early and he can't exactly say no when it's obviously going to be his dream job in management. It's not really his fault that he's not ready. He could manage them again down the line but now he has to prove beyond all doubt that he's improved massively before they can consider him again. It's hard to see where he goes next, probably back to the Championship or maybe he should go up to Celtic to settle the Lampard or Gerrard debate once and for all :ph34r:.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Spike said:

What did he do/say? Well he is the bloke that got punched out a club for trying to pull someone's wife/girlfriend.

He uploaded a picture of him celebrating to his Instagram. Within the same hour after the announcement.

He then denied it was anything to do with Lampard and just because he misses football. 

Just now, JoshBRFC said:

He uploaded a picture of him celebrating to his Instagram. Within the same hour after the announcement.

He then denied it was anything to do with Lampard and just because he misses football. 

Sounds like a nothing issue to me

Frank Lampard on his sacking from Chelsea........

" Friends and family are everything, when I got home John Terry was already there comforting my wife Christine on the couch. Not sure how he heard the news so quickly, but they were both red faced and breathless with emotion".

3 hours ago, Rab said:

It's weird that people think Rangers and Celtic are low pressure jobs. I never expected Gerrard to handle it as well as he has tbh.

There aren’t many bigger pressure jobs in England than the old firm. People don’t realise how big these clubs are. Glasgow is a footballing city second to none.

9 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

There aren’t many bigger pressure jobs in England than the old firm. People don’t realise how big these clubs are. Glasgow is a footballing city second to none.

but Celtic and Rangers do have an embarrassing head start on the rest of Scottish football. They just have access to so much more quality. They have higher expectations in terms of trophies and success but English football has such an abstract amount of sponsorship money I’d wager the pressure to maintain Premier League status outdoes most clubs world wide. We are talking billions here

7 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Having better/more expensive players and higher expectations this season have really exposed Lampard's glass ceiling. I feel for him slightly, Chelsea came in for him too early and he can't exactly say no when it's obviously going to be his dream job in management. It's not really his fault that he's not ready. He could manage them again down the line but now he has to prove beyond all doubt that he's improved massively before they can consider him again. It's hard to see where he goes next, probably back to the Championship or maybe he should go up to Celtic to settle the Lampard or Gerrard debate once and for all :ph34r:.

To be honest it's not often that I can recall seeing a club that made as many transfers as Chelsea go on to immediate improvement, rather than going through a rough patch of up to a season where they get worse before they get better.

Sadly this is the reality of managing Chelsea.... 

I don't know why but I was a little surprised to be reading about this yesterday... I think it was inevitable but didn't expect it quite so soon if I was honest, thought he might have been given a little bit longer or until our exit from the CL was confirmed at the very least, but Abramovich never was a very patient man was he.. 

If it's any consolation to Frank a lot of managers with a hell of a lot more experience have been crushed under the wheels of the Abramovich Juggernaut when results start becoming less than desirable, It is the way of things at the club these days. A strict no mercy policy if results are not forthcoming and let's be truthful they have not been forthcoming for a while now.. When you look back over his appointment it was always going to be a gamble, or dare I say it a bit of a stitch up in the long run.. His lack of experience at this level was always going to be his undoing eventually but part of me thinks that he was given this job knowing full well that it could be just a short term appointment until someone with more experience showed up.. 

He was the perfect fit in a lot of ways, A club legend was always going to be received warmly by the fans regardless of his experience and at a time where there was a transfer ban in place and the club had just lost it's most influential match winning talent in Hazard not a lot might have been expected especially as they had to dip in our fountain of youth. He did ok the first season but after spending the best part of 200MILL in the transfer window there was obviously going to be a ton more pressure to improve and be challenging and despite a brief period of good results it all started to go tits up rather quickly and he just couldn't turn it around.. We had just taken a mighty leap back to all the problems we had in his first season, Lack of creativity, no goal threat and leaking goals left right and centre at the back and with all that extra talent on board as well.. it was never going to end well and I think he knew that better than anyone... Every poor performance and defeat just piled even more pressure on him..

Hope he takes up management somewhere else and gains that experience so badly needed in the top flight if you are looking to win things... I wonder what Tuchel will bring to the table?? I fully expect the side to improve in the short term as they all jostle to impress the new manager and we will have to wait and see what the long term offers... 

10 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Think it’s less the pressure and more if Neil Lennon can stay in the job this long...

Always been a big fan of Frank, it's a shame for him it didn't work out. Think he has had a pretty decent start to his managerial career and clear to see he has potential. Obviously Chelsea is one of the toughest jobs to get right and most don't last even with success. Obviously it was too sson for him but he had to take the opportunity. I can see him getting another decent job, be interesting what he goes for next. 

Tuchel seems a weird choice though, I don't see this lasting longer than the end of next season. 

13 hours ago, Spike said:

but Celtic and Rangers do have an embarrassing head start on the rest of Scottish football. They just have access to so much more quality. They have higher expectations in terms of trophies and success but English football has such an abstract amount of sponsorship money I’d wager the pressure to maintain Premier League status outdoes most clubs world wide. We are talking billions here

Very true but that 'headstart' also brings pressure and expectation beyond most clubs in English football. It's also about fan culture, I remember Graeme Souness remarking that these clubs are institutions, they are more than football clubs and that their fanbase reflects this. That's a different beast from managing a club like Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs, very big clubs in their own right but they don't have that type of following.

Old Firm are two of the biggest clubs in world football, the standard may not be there but Gerrard took on just as much a pressure job as Lampard.

According to fairly reputable sources it seems Rudiger was one of the main instigators along with 2 others in the dressing room causing in-house fighting. This is the issue with the bigger clubs and having players on huge contracts, if a someone like Wilder has an issue with a certain player he’s out the door and if the club takes a hit, it’s minimal, as we pay everyone around 30k a week and a snickers bar anyway.

16 minutes ago, DNA said:

According to fairly reputable sources it seems Rudiger was one of the main instigators along with 2 others in the dressing room causing in-house fighting. This is the issue with the bigger clubs and having players on huge contracts, if a someone like Wilder has an issue with a certain player he’s out the door and if the club takes a hit, it’s minimal, as we pay everyone around 30k a week and a snickers bar anyway.

Hadn’t Rudiger been playing recently though? 

Archived