Kick-off 18.00 (GMT)

Live on BT Sport

image.png      VS     1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png

Recent Form
Newcastle - LLLLL
Leeds - LLLWW

Last 3 Meetings
16/12/2020 - Leeds 5-2 Newcastle
14/04/2017 - Newcastle 1-1 Leeds (Championship)
20/11/2016 - Leeds 0-2 Newcastle (Championship)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bruce's selections and formations are all over the place at the minute. Who knows what he'll go for this time. He just keeps trying anything in desperation.

Given he's banging on about not being able to play Fraser and ASM together all season I suspect he'll do it now.

I just know what's coming.

Hopeless, heavily criticised, can't score, can't buy a win...and then we come to town. You just know their run has to end somewhere.

I was hoping we'd give some serious backlash to them too given the embarrassment of Crawley and appalling performance against Brighton. 

We'll be strengthened with the return of Phillips and hopefully get to field two centre backs so that Ayling can go back to his natural RB slot.

I'll be angry if we don't perform, we've had more than enough rest lately with the Cup and a postponement.

I just have no confidence whatsoever that we can get anything from any game. The players look totally shot of any confidence and a manager who seems to just be saying and doing what the fuck he likes because he knows he's on borrowed time.

2-0 Leeds.

54 minutes ago, ToonFan said:

Hopefully this should have a few goals in it at least, probably due to defensive issues for both of us more than any flair up front (although your strikers are still a million miles ahead of us) 

To be fair, despite the fact we ran out deserved winners, you did have opportunities at our place. We will give you chances so it's on you how clinical you are with them.

Equally, it's on us to make sure we take ours because it's no good us having 65% of the ball, 22 shots and only scoring the once either.

Worryingly I'm experiencing physiological reactions you'd expect of something like claustrophobia or a sensation of being trapped watching this first half. Tight chest, anxiety. Bizarre. It's all about their being no way out of this rot because Bruce won't be sacked or quit.

I may have to just give up football for a while until circumstances change one way or the other.

Newcastle looked alright in part of that second half....after Saint Maximan came on. But it’s another loss at the end of the day. I just seen only 2 points won out of the last 30 available?? That can’t be right? 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Rick said:

Newcastle looked alright in part of that second half....after Saint Maximan came on. But it’s another loss at the end of the day. I just seen only 2 points won out of the last 30 available?? That can’t be right? 

No win in 10 games...

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

2 out of last 27. Will be 30 at the weekend :4_joy:

We didn't deserve to lose today though. Bruce buys himself a few days until normal service is resumed with that 2nd half 

• The title was changed to Newcastle 1-2 Leeds - Tuesday 26th January, 2021

That was an infuriating performance from our perspective.

We went from totally in control first half, (should have gone in at least 2 to the good) to inviting pressure by thinking we could play out the back so easily.

Maybe you could say the game was too comfortable for us. Newcastle had no threat first half and made no changes at half time either.

We attempted to play out the back with some really stupid passes that brought trouble, and I honestly think Newcastle took heart from that the first 10mins of the 2nd half. They suddenly began to press more and we made mistake after mistake. That got their tails right up.

The goal we gave away was so silly. Why Bamford has given the ball away like that is suicidal and quite rightly he was hauled straight off.

I'm just shocked we won the game at 1-1. I thought the momentum was with Newcastle and they would turn us over but we got lucky to score when we did.

So angry and frustrated with us. Don't want to sound patronising at all to Newcastle who definitely deserved a point at least, but that was not enjoyable how we lost control of that game.

We'll take the 3pts and move on but Bielsa's reaction at full time and post match presser emphasised how we all felt after that.

P.S Sods law we wait all season for our Spanish centre back to be available and he pulls a hamstring 8mins in. Cannot catch a break in defence.

2 hours ago, ToonFan said:

On a slightly less amusing note. Looks as though Rodrigo may have spat on Schar. Given current circumstances that should be a ban and charges of assault.

False news.

Fabian Schar has confirmed he was not spat it. Just words exchanged.

Laughable at all the Newcastle 'Twitter fans' who jump on the bandwagon and claim to see it when literally nothing cones out his mouth.

But that's Twitter for you.

End of story. Everyone moves on.

7 minutes ago, ToonFan said:

It did look he had to be frank, if he didn't then that's fine. 

I notice you waited until the video was taken down to say it didn't look he'd been spat at..... 

Yeah good one.

First time I have logged on this evening and have had a chance to summarise the game on the thread and give my thoughts. 

It's not about point scoring here by the way, but more to emphasise this is a typical example of people being brainwashed by Social Media into thinking they see something that never happened. Next

13 minutes ago, ToonFan said:

Look at the edit to my post. At the very least he's pretending to spit on him, which is still vile (appropriately for Leeds) in the current pandemic. 

And crucially,  Schar said he didn't think he was spat at, not that he definitely wasn't. 

But ignore that because you don't want to accept your player might be a complete mike hunt. 

Everything you're saying is based on presumption. 

Firstly, your saying our player is pretending to spit simply based on what you see? That is your presumption.

Secondly, your presuming your player could have got it wrong by how you have interpreted his sentence to indicate it 'might have happened'

I'm going off fact. Your player has denied it. Our player has confirmed it was words too.

If he was guilty, I'd have been the first here to criticise because it's a disgusting habit, lowest of the low and we've had our own player do that in the past a few seasons ago. I made myself pretty clear on here then how disgusted I was by it. But you've only been here 5 minutes so you wouldn't know that.

Your clutching at straws. Don't argue your way out of a paper bag for the sake of pride. Move on. It's done.

Well played Second Half. Best I've seen you play in ages. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived