The better place to talk football.

Newcastle 1-2 Leeds - Tuesday 26th January, 2021

football forum

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Lucas said:

False news.

Fabian Schar has confirmed he was not spat it. Just words exchanged.

Laughable at all the Newcastle 'Twitter fans' who jump on the bandwagon and claim to see it when literally nothing cones out his mouth.

But that's Twitter for you.

End of story. Everyone moves on.

Trying to conflate a false accusation of spitting, in the current environment of all times, with diving/going down too easily.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Fulham have Brighton then West Brom. West Brom have Fulham then Sheffield United. We are away to Everton.

You'd expect the "cushion" we have to be gone in a week. 

Heard last night that 5 of West Brom's next 7 fixtures are against all the teams around them in the bottom 6.

I know relegation can't be decided right now or even by the end of those fixtures, but it could be a clear sign of whether they do stay up or not. And yourselves. Southampton, Chelsea, Man Utd, Wolves next month for you :shutup:

It's all about that rot. We've been here twice before already under Ashley. He has a track record of allowing that rot to set in. Better players have gone down with us for it.

With each passing game and defeat the stakes get higher. We are gambling. 

Any normal club wouldn't have appointed Bruce and if they had he wouldn't have survived the moment top 10 challenge was clearly off the table.

I think they might get a surprise win against one of those clubs. Probably Wolves would be my guess. Palace before that is an absolute must win though.

They have got to start taking games to teams by attacking. They should try and take the positives from last night, pressurise the defence, up the intensity and chuck some caution to the wind in attack. When they do that, they will cause some issues. But at the very least, have a go.

They can't waste a half like they did against us or Villa especially last night because we were well off colour and there for the taking had they started the game like that.

Hopefully ASM will be in a position to start games and I think it's worth them going with two forwards, I'd have Gayle with Wilson. 

You feel like if he fancies it, Almiron raises his game when Newcastle play well, but if they are flat, he falls by the wayside so they need to get him with the bit between his teeth.

Archived