talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Member World Cup: Index

football forum

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, Storts said:

Doesn't help toony rushing to close them early and doing them over the weekend didn't help either

it was known from the start there'd be match-ups every day though

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

it was known from the start there'd be match-ups every day though

People aren't going to change plans just for a match up though xD Think for future editions this needs to be looked at. Plus removing mod advantage of seeing votes 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Storts said:

People aren't going to change plans just for a match up though xD Think for future editions this needs to be looked at. Plus removing mod advantage of seeing votes 

not exactly change plans, but I'm saying that people knew it would last over a week, so therefore would be over a weekend. if people didn't like that, could have been raised at the time and perhaps solutions offered as to how it would work better.

No comments received, therefore no changes to the format. :) 

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Stan said:

not exactly change plans, but I'm saying that people knew it would last over a week, so therefore would be over a weekend. if people didn't like that, could have been raised at the time and perhaps solutions offered as to how it would work better.

No comments received, therefore no changes to the format. :) 

You don't listen to comments anyway so there isn't much point! Just arrogantly continue as you were.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Storts said:

You don't listen to comments anyway so there isn't much point! Just arrogantly continue as you were.

Lol okay. 

How is it arrogantly continuing? Why would we change something when it seemingly works fine and don't get any comments or suggestions from the start on if it should be changed? 

If there's good enough reason to change anything then we will. We won't just do it for the sake of it just because you tell us :)

Maybe if this gets done again next year we can bear it in mind and take your suggestion on board. But we can't go back in time and postpone it for over the weekend just gone. 

8 hours ago, Storts said:

Doesn't help toony rushing to close them early and doing them over the weekend didn't help either

Rushing to close them early?

Three of them have been open longer than 24 hours, three have been closed slightly earlier. I am not on the forum at the same time every day so I just do it as close to 24 hours as possible.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Dickie said:

I think some of us myself included dwindled due to the fact it was the weekend as well.

storts, log out of this account please

3 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Weekends are a no fly zone for alot of people i think. Could have suspended voting until monday was back?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, I think you're right though. Something for us to take into account for next year.

7 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

People simply lose interest when they're not a part of it. Brian probably won't even participate in the Semi's as I'm not in, hence he can't vote against me xD

Good marketing strategy to get me back involved :)

Anyways, this one was tough to vote for as I like all 4 members almost equally, but I think I may have gotten it.

3 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Good marketing strategy to get me back involved :)

Anyways, this one was tough to vote for as I like all 4 members almost equally, but I think I may have gotten it.

Marketing strategy? xD

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Stan said:

Lol okay. 

How is it arrogantly continuing? Why would we change something when it seemingly works fine and don't get any comments or suggestions from the start on if it should be changed? 

If there's good enough reason to change anything then we will. We won't just do it for the sake of it just because you tell us :)

Maybe if this gets done again next year we can bear it in mind and take your suggestion on board. But we can't go back in time and postpone it for over the weekend just gone. 

You just have to look at the way you respond to suggestions on improvements to see why people may not see the point. It's just arrogance.

Yes you should take that on board next year. 

• Administrator
Just now, Storts said:

You just have to look at the way you respond to suggestions on improvements to see why people may not see the point. It's just arrogance.

Yes you should take that on board next year. 

how do you want me to reply :)

Rules made.
No objection to rules before competition/game.
Competition/game happens.
Feedback/suggestions given.
Feedback/suggestion taken on board. 

Pretty much how it went. Not sure what's so arrogant about that. 

As for 'Storts 2-0 Stan'. That's not arrogant at all xDxD

19 minutes ago, Stan said:

how do you want me to reply :)

Rules made.
No objection to rules before competition/game.
Competition/game happens.
Feedback/suggestions given.
Feedback/suggestion taken on board. 

Pretty much how it went. Not sure what's so arrogant about that. 

As for 'Storts 2-0 Stan'. That's not arrogant at all xDxD

Welcome to the United States Storts, here is your complimentary make american great again hat and an obscene amount of guns. OH don't forget your american flag.

Archived