talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 0-0 Wolves - Wednesday 27th January, 2021

football forum

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Considering Tuchel has had only a training session, structurally we look pretty good. Front three and the midfield two need more urgency in their play. Expecting Pulisic and Werner both on at some point. 

Yea, I was reading the match build up but the good thing is we do have options off the bench that can change things for us.. 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, N U F C said:

Time will tell mate.

Wolves' last couple of games have been a home defeat to West Brom and the FA Cup game with Chorley where they had one shot on target.

Exactly.

Wolves have been one of the worst teams in the league in recent times. I can't remember them looking this poor since they were promoted.

This has been such a boring game to watch. A dire Wolves side and a Chelsea sides setting records for passes without looking like scoring.

2 hours ago, N U F C said:

Time will tell mate.

Wolves' last couple of games have been a home defeat to West Brom and the FA Cup game with Chorley where they had one shot on target.

Like I said earlier, Wolves going back to 3 centre backs from the 4 across the back they had been playing was always going to make them tough to break down.

Admittedly, I thought Chelsea might win but they soon ran out of ideas.

Created some chances another day we would've put away but ultimately not enough was required. Some poor individual performances all around which was surprising considering a new manager has come in. I know Tuchel likes to adapt his tactics and formation based on the opposition, but I hope we don't see Chilwell at LM ever again...

CHO should be first name on the team sheet at this point. Much like Saka with Arsenal. 

7 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Didn't you mean we ran out of managers??? because we are getting close to that milestone.. 

To be fair to Tuchel, Wolves is a horrible game to start. Don't envy him.

Low block team, you could argue they set up not to lose with no real interest of attack and you notoriously struggle to break this style down. Not an ideal start.

That said, I would have expected more from you still. But you had no variety to your play. It was too predictable.

And also, it felt really flat. Normally seem to get that new manager bounce amongst the players where they increase tempo/intensity in their performance but it just didn't happen.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

To be fair to Tuchel, Wolves is a horrible game to start.

Low block team, you could argue they set up not to lose with no real interest of attack and you notoriously struggle to break this style down. Not an ideal start.

That said, I would have expected more from you still. But you had no variety to your play. It was too predictable.

It was only his first game and there were little glimpses of us looking a lot more dangerous in front of goal than we have been recently only we were lacking that clinical finish when it mattered and again we spent far too much time passing the ball sideways rather than pressing on with urgency.. that's our downfall at the moment... Tuchel will have at least seen some of these players close up and he is bound to mix things up to try and fine that right mix that gets him the results Abramovich he is looking for... 

A lot's happened this week at the club so it's going to take a bit longer before we can expect to see anything more positive forthcoming.. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived