Live on BT Sport

everton.PNG      VS      image.png

Recent Form
Everton - WWWLW
Leicester - WWWWW

Last 3 Meetings
16/12/2020 - Leicester 0-2 Everton
01/07/2020 - Everton 2-1 Leicester
18/12/2019 - Everton 2-3p Leicester (EFL Cup)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Never been less confident ahead of facing a team we beat away from home a matter of weeks ago whilst also adding James Rodriguez and Digne back to our side since then and them not having their best player available xD.

• Administrator

Vardy may not have scored many recently but he's certainly still one of the best in our formation to be part of attacks and occupy defenders. No other players in the squad can do what he does so we'll have to cope without him. Luckily goals are coming from the rest of the team. Think we'll line up like this:

Kasper

Castagne - Fofana - Evans - Justin

Ndidi - Tielemans

Albrighton - Maddison - Barnes

Perez

Perez gets a bit too much stick from our fans for not being mobile enough but today, and probably the next few games, will be a great chance to put his efforts to good use in some way. 

Under did very well against Brentford but Albrighton does give us a whole lot more energy defensively as well as going forward. Always puts in a shift. He's our version of Milner.

I'd put some money on one of Calvert-Lewin, Mina or Keane scoring from a corner. We can't defend them for shit. Rodriguez gets his delivery right and we'll panic. Mina is a beast in the air so it'd be easy money I think...

• Subscriber

Ancelotti confirmed yesterday that playing Holgate or Godfrey in midfield is an option. Digne and Iwobi are back for this game and he'll be keen to get both back in the side. I expect we'll see something like this:

Pickford

Godfrey Keane Mina Digne

Holgate Davies

Iwobi Rodriguez Richarlison

Calvert-Lewin

• The title was changed to Everton vs Leicester City - Wednesday 27th January, 2021
  • Administrator

Agree with Justin's booking but not sure how Mina got away with his bringing down Barnes earlier on. 

Not sure how Mike Dean keeps getting Liverpool and Everton games. He's from round the corner! 

Anyway, once Everton have nullified Barnes threat we had nothing. Trying to do too much around the box and nothing coming off. Got very sloppy with about 10 mins to go. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not sure how Mike Dean keeps getting Liverpool and Everton games. He's from round the corner! 

No different to Anthony Taylor or Chris Kavanagh getting the Manchester clubs. That's happened for ages. There was a point when Dean didn't get Liverpool at all. Even got taken off the FA Cup final in 2006. Seems to have had us a few times off memory recently though

• Subscriber

We asked for that. Starting to see the problem in midfield that I feared with Maddison and Tielemans against Davies and Gomes.

A shame from Pickford because he's actually sustained a good run of form but he should have kept that out.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

A shame from Pickford because he's actually sustained a good run of form but he should have kept that out.

Didn't see the Leicester equalizer so not blaming Pickford one way or the other but he does drop a lot of clangers.

Not that I mind when yous are playing us but there has to come a time when Everton start looking for someone more dependable.:what:

• Administrator

Weirdly I'll take the draw despite probably being good for all 3 on second half showing. Thought we fucked it at the last second with their corner. 

Thought Tielemans was good for Man of the match. Barnes did well, mind. 

• The title was changed to Everton 1-1 Leicester City - Wednesday 27th January, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived