Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Paul Lambert to leave Wolves

Announcement tomorrow apparently, set to be replaced by the former Porto manager Nuno Santos.

Ray Wilkins will be delighted.

• Upvote 2

didn't even know he was still there xD 

Wonder if Moyes will show any interest....

I swear Paul Lambert's time in charge at his last three clubs amounts to about six months.

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

I swear Paul Lambert's time in charge at his last three clubs amounts to about six months.

His bank balance will be brilliant.

4 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

His bank balance will be brilliant.

I must be getting old because his last two clubs were Wolves and Blackburn who he had 33 games each with. I thought he was on the verge of joining someone in Scotland?

I used to really rate Lambert and I thought he would've been well worth another go after the Villa debacle (where nearly everyone seems to fail) but he's done nothing to prove his doubters wrong post-Villa.

8 minutes ago, Dan said:

I must be getting old because his last two clubs were Wolves and Blackburn who he had 33 games each with. I thought he was on the verge of joining someone in Scotland?

I used to really rate Lambert and I thought he would've been well worth another go after the Villa debacle (where nearly everyone seems to fail) but he's done nothing to prove his doubters wrong post-Villa.

There's not really much more he could have done with either club in his defense.

He's basically a Scottish Phil Brown he'll just keep slipping down racking up large sums in severance fees

On 5/29/2017 at 9:29 PM, HoneyNUFC said:

@ASF is the man to tell us if this bloke is any good

He did a decent job in Portugal with Rio Ave and in Valencia's first season. 

Last season though, it was a mess. Tactically poor, he seems to be unable to motivate the players with his speech.

He's not ready to take on a medium/big club, but he might do a better job at a club of Wolves size.