talkfootball365

Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Paul Lambert to leave Wolves

football forum

4 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

His bank balance will be brilliant.

I must be getting old because his last two clubs were Wolves and Blackburn who he had 33 games each with. I thought he was on the verge of joining someone in Scotland?

I used to really rate Lambert and I thought he would've been well worth another go after the Villa debacle (where nearly everyone seems to fail) but he's done nothing to prove his doubters wrong post-Villa.

8 minutes ago, Dan said:

I must be getting old because his last two clubs were Wolves and Blackburn who he had 33 games each with. I thought he was on the verge of joining someone in Scotland?

I used to really rate Lambert and I thought he would've been well worth another go after the Villa debacle (where nearly everyone seems to fail) but he's done nothing to prove his doubters wrong post-Villa.

There's not really much more he could have done with either club in his defense.

On 5/29/2017 at 9:29 PM, HoneyNUFC said:

@ASF is the man to tell us if this bloke is any good

He did a decent job in Portugal with Rio Ave and in Valencia's first season. 

Last season though, it was a mess. Tactically poor, he seems to be unable to motivate the players with his speech.

He's not ready to take on a medium/big club, but he might do a better job at a club of Wolves size.