talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Birmingham Sign Sam Cosgrove & Bid for Nisbet

football forum

Reported fee of around £2million.

Very understandable move by the club. With still no fans allowed in, needing to cash in on another asset with only 18 months left on his deal. 

If they can get £2million, for a player bought for less than £50k, it will be a great deal for the club. His transformation, even from his earliest performances has been remarkable. Getting over 20 goals in the last two season is a great return, from the thoroughly unconvincing first few games.

Had his head turned in the summer, and would have (in an ordinary year) moved on then. Got injured and hasn't fitted in since coming back.

I reckon he should fit in well in the Championship. Tall, strong, quick, he has all the physical tools required. Does require an upturn in his defensive work rate as, when the opposition has the ball, the game can pass him by a little.

• The title was changed to Sam Cosgrove Set for Birmingham Move
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Pugwash said:

Can't see Nisbet going this window. Still has three years left on his deal, and has been the best striker in the league this season. If anything, they could get even more for him in the season and he still has a great chance at making the squad for the Euros in the summer.

On 29/01/2021 at 20:40, ScoRoss said:

Can't see Nisbet going this window

Probably not but money talks (for both the club and player), however times just about up.

On 29/01/2021 at 20:40, ScoRoss said:

and has been the best striker in the league this season.

only one goal more than Kemar Roofe who has played 7 games less and his stats are better (not that I am in any way a 'stats' man)

Name GoalsGL AssistsA PlayedP Goals per 90 Mins per GoalMPG Total Shots Goal Conversion Shot Accuracy
James TavernierTavernier
RangersRangers
11 9 26 0.43 210 41 27% 54%
Kevin NisbetNisbet
HibernianHibernian
11 2 23 0.50 181 42 26% 57%
Kemar RoofeRoofe
RangersRangers
10 2 16 0.86 105 25 40% 64%

• The title was changed to Birmingham Sign Sam Cosgrove & Bid for Nisbet
On 31/01/2021 at 12:05, N U F C said:

Cosgrove played for Carlisle for a little while a few years back, came with glowing reports but never really did that much. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on in the Championship, not holding my breathe.

Tbh, and I don't say this with any form of bias because it's an Aberdeen player, I never really rated him in any games I saw him play & granted it wasn't that much. Just looked like a big target man. Still, good business for Aberdeen.

On 29/01/2021 at 12:14, ScoRoss said:

Reported fee of around £2million.

Very understandable move by the club. With still no fans allowed in, needing to cash in on another asset with only 18 months left on his deal. 

If they can get £2million, for a player bought for less than £50k, it will be a great deal for the club. His transformation, even from his earliest performances has been remarkable. Getting over 20 goals in the last two season is a great return, from the thoroughly unconvincing first few games.

Had his head turned in the summer, and would have (in an ordinary year) moved on then. Got injured and hasn't fitted in since coming back.

I reckon he should fit in well in the Championship. Tall, strong, quick, he has all the physical tools required. Does require an upturn in his defensive work rate as, when the opposition has the ball, the game can pass him by a little.

His goal record is definitely impressive. Is he a creative forward? Birmingham already have Jucktewicz as a powerful striker but don't really have a link man to bring others to him.

On 02/02/2021 at 11:22, Pugwash said:

Tbh, and I don't say this with any form of bias because it's an Aberdeen player, I never really rated him in any games I saw him play & granted it wasn't that much. Just looked like a big target man. Still, good business for Aberdeen.

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

His goal record is definitely impressive. Is he a creative forward? Birmingham already have Jucktewicz as a powerful striker but don't really have a link man to bring others to him.

He's very much a striker playing on the shoulder of the defender. Don't expect much from him in any build up play. But will be effective either in the air, or running after through balls.

He came to Aberdeen with a very unimpressive record, and started slowly. But you can see the progress that he has made in the last couple of years. And that's why I think Birmingham probably made the move, as he definitely can get better and a more rounded footballer. If he has that decent a goal scoring record now, the potential is definitely there.

Archived