talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brighton 1-0 Tottenham - Sunday 31st January, 2021

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 19.15

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Brighton_&_Hove_Albion_logo.svg.p      VS     e6df9075f2a3dca8eda72d87d90cf4f6.jpg

Recent Form
Brighton - DWWLW
Tottenham - LWWDW

Last 3 Meetings
01/11/2020 - Tottenham 2-1 Brighton
26/12/2019 - Tottenham 2-1 Brighton
05/10/2019 - Brighton 3-0 Tottenham

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Brighton 1-0 Tottenham - Sunday 31st January, 2021
  • Subscriber

No home win all season? Dr Tottenham will see you now.

I can't be bothered to say much about this apart from a) Mourinho has to go, been saying it since last season, he's done. Pathetic. b) I wouldn't lose any sleep if the vast majority of this squad left. Only about 6 of them worth keeping. c) Those fans of other clubs that think Son is our best player need to just take a look at this and realise how wrong they are. Without Kane, Son is half the player. This team revolves around him, he's a superstar. We are bang average without him. 

Why did it take Spurs nearly 3 quarters of an hour to even give it a go?

Jose is absolutely ruining this club.

So many decent attacking players on the pitch looking like they are trying to puncture a balloon with a wotsit.

Don't see how Mourinho recovers once he leaves Spurs.

He came back with all of this spiel about rethinking his approach, learning his lessons etc - basically admitting that he is aware of what his failings are - and has shown that he hasn't come close to fixing any of them. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Still waiting for Gareth Bale to do something impactful. I think he may be completely finished.

He's done. Legs have gone/confidence is shot, can't go at 100% because scared of getting injured.

Will be in China or USA next year 

4 minutes ago, Storts said:

He's done. Legs have gone/confidence is shot, can't go at 100% because scared of getting injured.

He was trying to be a smart arse in Spain talking about his priorities being Wales then golf.

It probably hasn't stopped him cashing the cheques he's was getting at Real and now Spurs.

9 minutes ago, Storts said:

He’s achieved everything he could have hoped for, I think even the MLS might be too tough for him at this point. China makes the most sense. 

Well done to Brighton, a deserved victory. As for us, well, I liked Vinicius because he looked awake and vaguely aware that there was a game of football going on around him when he came on.

I know the predictable issues will be raised. No Kane and Bale will be made the scapegoat for something that wasn't his fault.

It's wrong though. The problem is Mourinho. We aren't good enough defensively to rely on the "hard to beat, nick a win style" he wants and we're too good attacking wise to not use those players, drive all expression out of them and completely blunt them. His idea is to wait for Kane and/or Son to produce some magic completely on their own. Since the West Ham draw, he feels vindicated in this and doing what he's always wanted to do. 

Ever since Arsenal, who we beat due to their own inadequacies at the time (play them now, we'll get a totally different game), the problems that were under the surface then have now risen to the top. We are not good at all.

I can't see us beating City in the cup final, nor can I see CL qualification. Should that happen, serious questions have to be asked of the manager. Levy can hardly be accused of not backing the manager this time so he has no excuses. 

I would not be shocked if he was gone by the start of next season.

• Subscriber
42 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Mourinho's man management and tactics are the problem,   for example he has turned Bergwijn who was a goal scoring forward into Dirk Kuyt. 

Yes. Spot on. I really like Bergwijn. I think he’s got so much quality. But not the way Mourinho uses him. It’s a such a waste cause he’s actually such a clever footballer, plays with his head up, great touch and vision, great movement. Wasted 

• Subscriber
50 minutes ago, Tar-Mairon said:

Well done to Brighton, a deserved victory. As for us, well, I liked Vinicius because he looked awake and vaguely aware that there was a game of football going on around him when he came on.

I know the predictable issues will be raised. No Kane and Bale will be made the scapegoat for something that wasn't his fault.

It's wrong though. The problem is Mourinho. We aren't good enough defensively to rely on the "hard to beat, nick a win style" he wants and we're too good attacking wise to not use those players, drive all expression out of them and completely blunt them. His idea is to wait for Kane and/or Son to produce some magic completely on their own. Since the West Ham draw, he feels vindicated in this and doing what he's always wanted to do. 

Ever since Arsenal, who we beat due to their own inadequacies at the time (play them now, we'll get a totally different game), the problems that were under the surface then have now risen to the top. We are not good at all.

I can't see us beating City in the cup final, nor can I see CL qualification. Should that happen, serious questions have to be asked of the manager. Levy can hardly be accused of not backing the manager this time so he has no excuses. 

I would not be shocked if he was gone by the start of next season.

Agree with every word

• The topic was unpinned

Archived