talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brighton 1-0 Tottenham - Sunday 31st January, 2021

football forum

I also can't believe Mourinho blaming the defeat on the players being "sad" because Kane is out. As though he's popped his clogs, or something like that.

Before the game, he said he didn't want to go on about Kane but does nothing but rattle on about him being irreplaceable, hardly a confidence booster to the other attackers. He blamed the players performance on Kane being injured - Jesus Christ, I know he's world-class and I love the guy but he's ONE player and if an injury to him means everyone else gives up before a ball is kicked, the manager is either doing a pathetic job in motivating them or the players do not have the mentality to succeed. I believe very much the former. Imagine if Klopp went, "sod it, Virgil's injured, we're too sad to play well".

Does he want people to feel sorry for us? 

Guardiola may have had a point when he called us "the Harry Kane team".

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I genuinely believed Spurs would have a serious title challenge earlier in the season.. what’s happened xD.

The Bale situation is a shame to see such a (former) elite player having such little impact on games. 

It's mind boggling really, Spurs looked like the real deal with Pochettino the season they went to the CL final against us.

To me it was a daft move to fire him and especially replace him with Moaninho 

I can't figure out Gareth Bale, he looks like he really couldn't give a toss.:what:

6 hours ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

It's mind boggling really, Spurs looked like the real deal with Pochettino the season they went to the CL final against us.

To me it was a daft move to fire him and especially replace him with Moaninho 

I can't figure out Gareth Bale, he looks like he really couldn't give a toss.:what:

Of course, reaching the Champions League final was great for them but their league form fell off a cliff in the second half of that season. Three wins from their final twelve games that season and they started last season with three wins from twelve too.

The strangest thing is they seemed to be unwilling to back him greatly in the transfer market but they seem to have backed Mourinho.

7 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Of course, reaching the Champions League final was great for them but their league form fell off a cliff in the second half of that season. Three wins from their final twelve games that season and they started last season with three wins from twelve too.

The strangest thing is they seemed to be unwilling to back him greatly in the transfer market but they seem to have backed Mourinho.

I knew their form had dropped off but didn't realize it was to that extent.

I still believe Poch should have been given more time though.

• The topic was unpinned

Yeah, it was really bad. The Champions League run, which was amazing but fortunate in places, papered over some massive cracks. We were terrible for nearly a year before Poch was sacked.

I wasn't a fan of some of what he was doing (hinting he'd leave if we won the CL), but that squad had come to a natural end and we did need to rebuild.

No-one can say Levy hasn't funded it. He bought in most of the positions we needed to buy in (I still don't think we have adequately replaced Eriksen as much as I love Ndombele and Lo Celso) and, with the greatest respect to Rodon who is a bright talent, a real top-class centre back would have been nice but he really did push the boat out.

Mourinho has no excuse. The problem is him and I knew he'd tediously drop the blame on Kane's injury or use Bale as target practice to mask his own inadequacies. 

Archived