talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gender Reveal...

football forum

Sorry that I haven't been as active lately. Shit has been going on to the extreme at the Persell household.

We had to rush my pregnant wife to the hospital because of some abnormalities, but it turns out the baby is in perfect healthy.

We also found out...we are having a baby girl. Lord help me...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

I honestly thought for a second you were going to reveal that you were actually a woman with the whole gender reveal title. 

Glad to hear that everything is going well at the ATL household. Congratulations on your news :)!

xD

No, it's a big deal here to have all these 'Gender Reveal' parties here in the States where the crowd and couple find out the gender together. However, I actually like my friends and plan on only having get together instead of having 32 get together where they feel obligated to buy the baby a present. I am still a guy however.

3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Conversly, my sister lost her child last week and found out at the scan. Horrific week. 

Apologies for changing the tone of the thread and massive congratulations ATL. 

Man, I'm sorry to hear about that. How far along was she? Is your sister okay? 

We had a scare on Sunday, which is when we found out. 

3 minutes ago, ATL said:

Man, I'm sorry to hear about that. How far along was she? Is your sister okay? 

We had a scare on Sunday, which is when we found out. 

12 weeks. We're not sure, she's had tests done to see if there are any problems but they haven't had results back. I think a lot of it is the psychological side of things now. 

Glad baby and mother are doing fine. 

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

12 weeks. We're not sure, she's had tests done to see if there are any problems but they haven't had results back. I think a lot of it is the psychological side of things now. 

Glad baby and mother are doing fine. 

No doubt. I have been told there are a lot of things that can go wrong in the first 12 weeks, that's why we were so happy when we passed that. Thoughts and prayers to your sister though, I can't imagine dealing with that. 

Thank you sir. 

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

I honestly thought for a second you were going to reveal that you were actually a woman with the whole gender reveal title. 

I was bracing for some sort of bizarre game where a photo was posted and we had to guess male or female genitalia.

Congrats ATL. Girls are meant to be easier for parents so a nice introduction to parenthood for you guys. 

Does it feel any more real knowing its a little girl as opposed to an unknown?

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Conversly, my sister lost her child last week and found out at the scan. Horrific week. 

Apologies for changing the tone of the thread and massive congratulations ATL. 

sorry to hear that. Hope she's okay. 

30 minutes ago, Harry said:

Congrats ATL. Girls are meant to be easier for parents so a nice introduction to parenthood for you guys. 

Does it feel any more real knowing its a little girl as opposed to an unknown?

Well, hearing the heart beat was weird. 

We kind of accidently found out it's a girl. When we had to rush the wife to the emergency room, they tested her and found out that everyone is healthy, and then did an ultrasound to see the heart beat and make sure everything looked right. The girl performing the Ultrasound must have been the GOAT as she got a view of the babies torso and legs, clear as day, and there was definitely nothing between the legs. xD The nurse then said, "Yeah, so I'm 99% sure you're having a girl" 

2 hours ago, ATL said:

xD

No, it's a big deal here to have all these 'Gender Reveal' parties here in the States where the crowd and couple find out the gender together. However, I actually like my friends and plan on only having get together instead of having 32 get together where they feel obligated to buy the baby a present. I am still a guy however.

It seems like every new American 'tradition' is a ploy to dupe people out of money. Same with that baby shower bullshit that's been infecting our culture recently.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, ATL said:

Well, hearing the heart beat was weird. 

We kind of accidently found out it's a girl. When we had to rush the wife to the emergency room, they tested her and found out that everyone is healthy, and then did an ultrasound to see the heart beat and make sure everything looked right. The girl performing the Ultrasound must have been the GOAT as she got a view of the babies torso and legs, clear as day, and there was definitely nothing between the legs. xD The nurse then said, "Yeah, so I'm 99% sure you're having a girl" 

that's what people say about Brian. 

Just now, Panflute said:

It seems like every new American 'tradition' is a ploy to dupe people out of money. Same with that baby shower bullshit that's been infecting our culture recently.

Yeah, baby showers have always been a thing here. We will celebrate anything in America. 

I'm all for some showers or something, but just one. Multiples just makes you look like a twat. 

Just now, ATL said:

Yeah, baby showers have always been a thing here. We will celebrate anything in America. 

I'm all for some showers or something, but just one. Multiples just makes you look like a twat. 

The baby can shower after it's born. :cardY:

Archived