Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Mick Schumacher


Recommended Posts

Sign up to remove this ad.

Beat me to it. I've wanted to create a topic for him for several weeks now. xD

 

I will follow and protect his kid like my life depends on it! I remember when he won in F2, and I was watching him on the podium. I felt so proud like he's related to me or something. :4_joy: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Beat me to up. I've wanted to create a topic for him for several weeks now. xD

 

I will follow and protect his kid like my life depends on it! I remember when he won in F2, and I was watching him on the podium. I felt so proud like he's related to me or something. :4_joy: 

Do you still hope Sophia beats his ass? :ph34r: xD 

 

Mick seems to have finally won people over; there has been so much unfair criticism ever since he started racing, it's unbelievable. Takes a strong character to deliver under pressure like that. Now that he won both F3 and F2, people finally give him some credit instead of the usual "He'S OnLy hErE BeCaUSe oF HiS NamE". Although I fully expect the same to happen every time he makes a mistake in F1. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, nudge said:

Do you still hope Sophia beats his ass? :ph34r: xD 

 

Mick seems to have finally won people over; there has been so much unfair criticism ever since he started racing, it's unbelievable. Takes a strong character to deliver under pressure like that. Now that he won both F3 and F2, people finally give him some credit instead of the usual "He'S OnLy hErE BeCaUSe oF HiS NamE". Although I fully expect the same to happen every time he makes a mistake in F1. 

lol, yeah, that Sophia Floersch hyped died pretty quickly. :52_fearful:

 

And yeah, Mick just seems like a really nice and polite kid. He also sounds exactly like his father, especially when he speaks English. He's a bit of a slow learner, and needs to get used to new environments and circumstances, but he is without a doubt on that paddock because of his talent. I like how Haas have signed the nicest kid imaginable, and the biggest scumbag at the same time. Should make a nice narrative next season. :ph34r: Netflix is probably milking the shit out of it. 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

lol, yeah, that Sophia Floersch hyped died pretty quickly. :52_fearful:

 

And yeah, Mick just seems like a really nice and polite kid. He also sounds exactly like his father, especially when he speaks English. He's a bit of a slow learner, and needs to get used to new environments and circumstances, but he is without a doubt on that paddock because of his talent. I like how Haas have signed the nicest kid imaginable, and the biggest scumbag at the same time. Should make a nice narrative next season. :ph34r: Netflix is probably milking the shit out of it. 

 

Yeah it's a good thing he starts in a shit car; there will be by far less expectations that way and he can learn the ropes at his own pace. Just hope he does better than Mazepin, that's all I expect for his debut season. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mick always needed an entire season until he was really comfortable with his car. Once he did, he was very good, but in F1 he won't get an entire season. He'll get half a season. And what if next season's car is much different from his current one?

Not looking good for him right now. After 2022 he might switch to DTM or endurance.

Edited by God is Haaland
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He'll definitely get an entire season, why wouldn't he? The question is, what happens after that. Ferrari are very keen to get the Schumacher name back to Ferrari, so I bet they will either keep him in Haas or move him to Sauber after 2021, hoping that he'll improve and impress enough to consider him for the Ferrari seat in 2-3 years time. I mean, they are keeping Giovinazzi in F1 even if he's got no chance to ever get promoted; so I don't see why they would get rid of Mick after just one season...

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, God is Haaland said:

Mick always needed an entire season until he was really comfortable with his car. Once he did, he was very good, but in F1 he won't get an entire entire season. He'll get half a season. And what if next season's car is much different from his current one?

Not looking good for him right now. Next season he might switch to DTM or endurance.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nudge said:

He'll definitely get an entire season, why wouldn't he? The question is, what happens after that. Ferrari are very keen to get the Schumacher name back to Ferrari, so I bet they will either keep him in Haas or move him to Sauber after 2021, hoping that he'll improve and impress enough to consider him for the Ferrari seat in 2-3 years time. I mean, they are keeping Giovinazzi in F1 even if he's got no chance to ever get promoted; so I don't see why they would get rid of Mick after just one season...

I think even if Mick has a poor season he will get a second chance to be honest, the ''brand'' that they (Ferrari) can build with another Schumacher is immense so I think he will be given more chances than anyone else based on name alone. Not a chance that he gets binned before the end of the season, unless he somehow finishes about 20 seconds off the pace each weekend which clearly isn't going to happen. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I think even if Mick has a poor season he will get a second chance to be honest, the ''brand'' that they (Ferrari) can build with another Schumacher is immense so I think he will be given more chances than anyone else based on name alone. Not a chance that he gets binned before the end of the season, unless he somehow finishes about 20 seconds off the pace each weekend which clearly isn't going to happen. 

I mean he's in Haas on his debut season, and Ferrari are also well aware of his usual development curve - so I would guess their expectations are already pretty low. Hard to imagine Ferrari calling him at some point of the season (or even at the end of the season) and saying "so Mick, we're very disappointed you are not winning races and challenging for the title in this fantastic car, pack your shit up and off you go to the DTM, you useless prick". 

Worst thing that can happen to him this season performance-wise (realistically) is losing the head-to-head against Mazepin by a huge margin, that's the only thing I'd worry about. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, nudge said:

He'll definitely get an entire season, why wouldn't he? The question is, what happens after that.

He'll get to drive for a season, not get an entire season just to get used to the car and then another one on top of it. You interpreted "he won't get an entire season. He'll get half a season." in a way that's completely incompatible with the entire rest of my post.

5 hours ago, nudge said:

Ferrari are very keen to get the Schumacher name back to Ferrari,

Probably

5 hours ago, nudge said:

hoping that he'll improve and impress enough to consider him for the Ferrari seat in 2-3 years time

Already addressed this.... Waiting probably won't help, bc the development is so rapid in F1, that he may never get used to a car. The changes between an F1 car and its successor are massive, which is totally different to F2.

5 hours ago, nudge said:

so I don't see why they would get rid of Mick after just one season...

I didn't say that. I wrote "might". They won't necessarily get rid of him, but if he flops and they don't, there's almost no chance he'll ever sit in a competitive car even if he stays in F1. That's the way all youngsters are treated in F1. Exceptions can happen, but are unlikely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, God is Haaland said:

He'll get to drive for a season, not get an entire season just to get used to the car and then another one on top of it. You interpreted "he won't get an entire season. He'll get half a season." in a way that's completely incompatible with the entire rest of my post.

Probably

Already addressed this.... Waiting probably won't help, bc the development is so rapid in F1, that he may never get used to a car. The changes between an F1 car and its successor are massive, which is totally different to F2.

I didn't say that. I wrote "might". They won't necessarily get rid of him, but if he flops and they don't, there's almost no chance he'll ever sit in a competitive car even if he stays in F1. That's the way all youngsters are treated in F1. Exceptions can happen, but are unlikely.

Well, you kinda literally said "in F1 he won't get an entire season. He'll get half a season", so no surprise I interpreted it that way, is it?...

He just made it to F1, haven't driven a single race, and you are already talking about the possibility of him switching to DTM or endurance next season and how it is "not looking good for him right now"... A bit gloomy, no? He might struggle, he might adapt fast, it's all just pure speculation at this point. But he has Ferrari's backing, he's got sponsors, he's got the Schumacher name, he's got a seat and a chance to hone his racing skills against top drivers at the highest level. Could be much worse, if you ask me. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

That shirt though. Nice guy Mick fighting EVERY injustice at once! xD

h8mg0n767tp61.jpg?width=553&auto=webp&s=

 

he's gone for the massive combo-breaker and succeeded.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Tommy said:

That shirt though. Nice guy Mick fighting EVERY injustice at once! xD

h8mg0n767tp61.jpg?width=553&auto=webp&s=

 

He was given shit on social media recently after he did an interview with an Italian newspaper, and when the journalist asked him his opinion about the current trend of political activism in F1, Mick refused to comment and asked to talk about racing instead. The shirt is probably an over-compensation now so that he doesn't get called a racist and a nazi again and doesn't get cancelled by morons on social media.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Good to see Mick outclassing his team mate so far. However this season the Haas cars are so uncompetitive, it makes the whole season almost irrelevant. Next season is going to be the really important one for Mick and we'll see whether he can get used to the 2022 Haas fast enough. Bc of the new rules it will be a completely different car, so it won't be easy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, nudge said:

What a beautiful sight... And it's crazy, the older Mick gets, the more he looks like his father :7_sweat_smile: :x

Alright I'll bite. What is special? I'm guessing that's Michael in the seat, but damn it looks like Mick. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 01/02/2021 at 08:40, nudge said:

Finally, I can open this thread now that he made it into F1 B|

 

Took part in a Ferrari test a few days ago:

 

 

 

They should really call him Michael Sch2macher

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Mick's helmet livery this race is a tribute to his fathers debut 30 years ago. That helmet design will always be iconic to me. Much more so than the red one Michael used later on at Ferrari. 

E9zFcjAXoAckiIl?format=jpg&name=large

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...