• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Question a Member: Mel81x

football forum

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Is winning member of the year the best thing that's ever happened to you in your life? If not, why not?

If you could change one thing about the site what would it be?

What do you do for a living?

Would you have ever called me pretending to be an English guy called Matt offering me help to fix my computer?

Have you ever been to the UK?

Favourite holiday?

For the rest of your life, 24/7, would you rather have a clown's face all the time and a normal body, or a normal body with clown's feet all the time? 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Is winning member of the year the best thing that's ever happened to you in your life? If not, why not?

I wouldn't say it was bad but I wouldn't classify it as the best thing to ever happen in my life haha. I'd probably say sitting in the doctor's office with my mother and hearing that her cancer has reduced considerably as a life highlight. None of us live at home and we all live pretty far so its taken its toll on me and my other two siblings not to mention my parents. 

If you could change one thing about the site what would it be?

I don't think I'd really change anything about the site as I think Rab's done a good job at getting the site to highlight two major assets: users and content. If you start to put too many bells and whistles on things it really takes away from users reading and reacting to content. If I was hard-pressed to offer a suggestion I'd say maybe a tool that allowed folks to put up formations easier instead of entering them in text so that people could use that to discuss football tactics better.

What do you do for a living?

I'm an IT Architect who has specialties in Enterprise Arch / Data Arch / Security Arch / Information Arch / Solutions Arch

Would you have ever called me pretending to be an English guy called Matt offering me help to fix my computer?

Nah I'd be Rajesh from IT. People trust you more when they know you're not putting a fake accent on. I'd still steal everything on your computer after I'd lulled you into a sense of security though.

Have you ever been to the UK?

Years ago went to Lincoln where a friend from college lives. I was supposed to go to London last year to meet a friend of mine who was in aviation but he's flown home now so I think those plans are on hold for a bit. If I come up there I'll give everyone a shout. 

Favourite holiday?

I've had so many good ones but this past year in December is the one that ranks very high on my list of holidays now. Post COVID a few friends and me decided to go Scuba Diving and Snorkeling in Tamil Nadu. We were all so apprehensive but then we got there and for 10 days it felt normal. No one was wearing masks, people hung out and drank and dived and did whatever they wanted. Returning that sense of normalcy was what everyone needed after the year we'd just had in India. 

For the rest of your life, 24/7, would you rather have a clown's face all the time and a normal body, or a normal body with clown's feet all the time? 

Clown's face. I like wearing flip-flops so I'd imagine that with clown's feet might be a slight bit of a challenge. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Is winning the member of the year thanks to me? ;) 

I'd say everyone contributed to it. I'd be a bit surprised if it was just me talking to myself that got me the award haha. P.S. It's nice to have you back.

What kind of latin music do you enjoy, if at all?

See this a tough question. I am extremely partial to Brazilian Bossa because I really think it has a nice sound and feel to it. That doesn't stop me listening to other forms of Latin music as I am extremely intrigued by the way they learn time in music pieces down there. Also like older Argentine rock especially Soda Stereo and their use of effects and bass lines in their music. 

What is your specialty in music making? Are you good at making MIDI tracks too? (excuse the ignorance)

I'd say Bass is number 1. I am also pretty good at setting sound stages in music to offer clarity of listening on tracks. Often times you'll start out and think it sounds good but the reality is that its muddled a bit especially in mid frequencies. Sound staging is just important to a musician (especially ones that play instruments) because clarity allows for all the little intricacies to shine on tracks. As an example, and I know someone will agree with me, listening to And Justice for All really clears up how important the bass lines are for driving metal music and it sounds shallow even with the heavy drum presence and a chugging guitar. Drop a bass in there and all of a sudden its punchy and rhythmically more in line with how metal music should be.  

MIDI tracks are easy to make the hard part is layering and reproduction but the hardest part is for sure getting a good melody line even if its repetitive. Spending time watching videos and understanding music theory just clears this up for you really fast because once you understand moods from scales and intervals it will change the way you listen to and appreciate music too. 

• Subscriber
40 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

What did you think of Lincoln? Was it the shithole I know it to be?

If you could display a message on every screen in the world at the same time (mobiles, PC, TV etc), what would it be?

It truly was a shit hole but I was there visiting a friend for a day before heading to France so i didn't get the full love it should have given me shit wise. Nice city otherwise and that little run in the FA cup they had some time ago had my friend super excited.

One Message? Hmmm. Really tough that one will need some time to think about it. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Toinho said:

What are the 3 best things about India?

• The food
  • Traveling across country and seeing it change not only in the scenery but also in language and culture (sometimes night and day differences)
  • Our music and its integration into culture. I don't think I have even seen all of it and I have see more than most

What are the 3 worst things? 

• Poor infrastructure management (power mostly)
  • Our political climate right now
  • How sometimes you would imagine something would take an hour but it ends up taking days. This happens more often than I care for it to.

Ideal woman?

• Loves the water (ocean/pool/whatever)
  • Doesn't have an issue with pets
  • Has no issues with my work hours 
  • A musician

Do you have a significant other?

I do. I've been with her a long time.

You, @nudge and @Happy Blue are pirates. Who’s the captain? Who’s the deckhand? And who’s cleaning up the shit?

• Nudge can run the boat so she'd be captain as she's the smartest of the three of us. Also, she'd probably get us the best booze.
  • Happy can be the deckhand as I don't think I'd really trust him at the helm but I can totally see him as a deckhand. Plus I cant see him doing too well with shit. 
  • I'll take care of the shit because someone has to do it and there's only three of us

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

If you were stranded on a desert island with only a mobile phone and internet, what TF65 game would you play to keep you happy until you were rescued? xD

Any game that has human interaction. I have no intention of making friends with a volleyball anytime soon. A tree perhaps, volleyball no.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Cazza said:

Please feel free to delete as appropriate/comfortable with.

Favourite house hold chore. Mopping

Pay on a first date or go dutch. Pay

Limited overs or Test match or both Limited Overs more excitement

How many boys/girls have you kissed I cant remember but I am going to say over 10

Favourite colour. Mustard Yellow

Describe your perfect boyfriend/girlfriend 

• Loves the water (ocean/pool/whatever)
  • Doesn't have an issue with pets
  • Has no issues with my work hours 
  • A musician

Have you ever gone commando. Yes I have

Early riser of sleep in. Depends on the day but mostly early riser I like to not waste the day

Favourite other sports. Ice Hockey, Curling and Diving

Do you take a teddy bear to bed with you. If they want to be called Teddy Bear sure but a real Teddy Bear haven't done that in years

Have you ever wore a onesie Yes for diving

Bad habits. I like to take my time with everything and thats not always nice when things need to be rushed.

Long sleeves or short. Short

Do you prefer your hair up or down Up

Do like in skirts or trousers I'm unclear is the question do I like one or the other?

Do you like prefer tights or barelegged. Barelegged

Do you sing when cooking. I listen to music when I cook so I hum along

Do you swear when driving. Nope

Are you accident prone. Not really but I have been in an accident

What are your nicknames. Mel. Most people shorten my name the minute they hear it.

How many units of alcohol can you drink. Depends on who I am drinking with. A bit but not too much.

Favourite drink. Rum and Coke

Do you like to show flesh or cover up. I like wearing shorts a lot so I'd say show flesh

What do you want your tombstone to say? R.I.P I am a fan of the simple things

What was one of your most defining moments in life? Graduating from college really. Good four years that culminated in graduation

What are you most afraid of? Not being able to do what I like doing everyday.

What feels like love to you? Comfortable enough to really discuss anything

What is your strongest personal quality? I listen and don't really get upset with anyone

If you were president, what is the first thing you would do?  Maybe try and set our fiscal problems on track

If you could witness any event of the past, present, or future, what would it be? The Silicon Valley explosion and the boom of IT

What car do you drive. A Ford 

Flowers or chocolates. Flowers

Best tip for heavy flow Dont know?

Best tip for cramps Heat and stretching

Ikea or traditional furniture. IKEA

How long do you take on the lavatory. Depends on if I am reading or not

Favourite food. A pork dish we make in Goa called Soroptel

Do you sleep naked or with PJ's. Shorts and a T

Do you know what Netflix and chill means. I learned the hard way

Wet shave or electric. Wet Shave

Night owl or early to bed. Night Owl

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cazza said:

Some men do have some good ideas about our problems however, this forum should be a bit more cosmopolitan!!!

Oh I do have an idea i'm just unsure how to answer the question from my perspective since I have never really experienced it :)

9 hours ago, Cazza said:

Please feel free to delete as appropriate/comfortable with.

Favourite house hold chore.

Pay on a first date or go dutch.

Limited overs or Test match or both

How many boys/girls have you kissed

Favourite colour.

Describe your perfect boyfriend/girlfriend

Have you ever gone commando.

Early riser of sleep in.

Favourite other sports.

Do you take a teddy bear to bed with you.

Have you ever wore a onesie

Bad habits.

Long sleeves or short.

Do you prefer your hair up or down

Do like in skirts or trousers

Do you like prefer tights or barelegged.

Do you sing when cooking.

Do you swear when driving.

Are you accident prone.

What are your nicknames.

How many units of alcohol can you drink.

Favourite drink.

Do you like to show flesh or cover up.

What do you feel most proud of?

What do you want your tombstone to say?

What was one of your most defining moments in life?

What are you most afraid of?

What feels like love to you?

What is your strongest personal quality?

If you were president, what is the first thing you would do?

If you could witness any event of the past, present, or future, what would it be?

What car do you drive.

Flowers or chocolates.

Best tip for heavy flow

Best tip for cramps

Ikea or traditional furniture.

How long do you take on the lavatory.

Favourite food.

Do you sleep naked or with PJ's.

Do you know what Netflix and chill means.

Wet shave or electric.

Night owl or early to bed.

xD

Don't be shy... hog all the possible questions in one go... 

• Subscriber

If I recall correctly, you enjoy scuba diving? What is your deepest dive so far? Have you heard the call of Cthulu down there? :P 

What is one fictional character (any medium) you can relate to the most?

You're on the first team on a mission to colonise Mars. What 5 personal items would you take with you and why?

What would you do for a living if you weren't IT architect?

You can listen to only one song for the rest of your life. Which song do you choose?

What 3 inventions/discoveries/new technologies would you like to see in your lifetime?

What is the coolest rocket in the history of mankind and why is it the Saturn V?

Recommend me one book, one movie and one TV series. Thank you.

• The topic was locked

Archived