talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Question a Member: Mel81x

football forum

How do you listen to music? (audio system, download, stream or vinyl, etc)

Would you give up your career if you could make a living from music, making about the same money you do now, granted you would have to travel the country or even different continents in order to do so?

You can live the life of one deceased famous personality, scientist, musician, politician, etc, knowing that you have to go through the exact same stuff he/she did. Who do you choose?

Have you taken any drugs? If not, curious?

How would you like to be remembered?

Are you as calm and collected as you seem to be here? When was the last time you were genuinely angry?

What would your perfect bar look like?

Best thing you ever purchased?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
10 hours ago, nudge said:

If I recall correctly, you enjoy scuba diving? What is your deepest dive so far? Have you heard the call of Cthulu down there? :P 

Elphinstone Reef, Egypt - Went almost close to 200m and it was a bit surreal. And no I dont hear Cthulu down there but i always feel like doing laundry when I go swimming as I hear something akin to a washing machine haha.

What is one fictional character (any medium) you can relate to the most? I used to really think that the role Mackenzie Davis played on Halt and Catch Fire was something I could totally relate to. That and Gilfoyle on Silicon Valley. The only reason these two are most relatable is because I spend a lot of time telling the business not to do something and they still do it so I then get to say "told you so" but over the years I have mutated it to be a bit more sarcastic.

You're on the first team on a mission to colonise Mars. What 5 personal items would you take with you and why?

• A watch - I just like them and figure when we move to Mars time may be different but I like wearing them so why not
  • A guitar - Nothing fancy maybe a nice acoustic. No idea what the surface conditions would do to wood over time but i'd definitely take one
  • Pics of Family and Friends (printed) - Keepsake
  • A copy of DND 5 (RuleBook/MonstersManual/Spells) - Good way to keep creativity up and get more people into doing things during the down-time while the planet is being colonized.
  • A flamethrower - If things go wrong I am not waiting around for the crew to lose their shit. Clearly I have watched too much Sci-Fi. 

What would you do for a living if you weren't IT architect?

My options were the following

• Civil Architect
  • Luthier
  • Sound Engineer
  • Data Scientist

You can listen to only one song for the rest of your life. Which song do you choose?

Something from Iron Maiden because it's long, has enough variation and is high energy.

What 3 inventions/discoveries/new technologies would you like to see in your lifetime?

• High Efficiency Power Cells - We've wasted too much time on making tech compact now it's time to make charges last longer. Way longer.
  • Nano-Cell Medical Monitoring Tech - Using nano-tech to monitor human vitals I think will change the way science actually improves how we treat diseases and how we also help patients post-care as well.
  • High-Speed Storage - SSDs imo aren't fast enough. We need these to be faster. So fast that the time for I/O cuts down immensely. I don't think I'll see this in my lifetime but it will completely change the landscape of computing. We talk about faster processors all the time but really disk I/O needs to become a non-issue.

What is the coolest rocket in the history of mankind and why is it the Saturn V?

Because nudge said so and if you want to argue about it you can find her most days in the Gaming and Technology section of TF365. 

Recommend me one book, one movie and one TV series. Thank you.

• Book - Flashboys - Michael Lewis - Even if you have no interest in finances it almost plays out like a crime novel because of how all the players get together to screw the stock market.
  • Movie - Train to Busan - This is only if zombie horror is something you like watching. Theres a sequel just not as good.
  • TV Series - 30 Coins - Spanish Horror

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Machado said:

How do you listen to music? (audio system, download, stream or vinyl, etc)

With the exception of vinyl all the rest. I spend a lot of time listening to music in the background so I prefer to use streaming for that. If I really like a song I go find the WAV file for it so that I can actually hear everything at different levels which you get on stream or anything else.

Would you give up your career if you could make a living from music, making about the same money you do now, granted you would have to travel the country or even different continents in order to do so?

Yeah I think I would. The travel part doesn't jazz me as much as working with other musicians.

You can live the life of one deceased famous personality, scientist, musician, politician, etc, knowing that you have to go through the exact same stuff he/she did. Who do you choose?

Hard to answer this really. So many people have made massive contributions both to society and their field of work but I can't really pick one person and say I'd want to live their life. 

Have you taken any drugs? If not, curious?

I've tried a lot over the years but haven't really taken to any. I prefer alcohol more than drugs.

How would you like to be remembered?

As someone that just helped people when they needed it really. My dad told me it was important for people who had information/knowledge to ensure that they used that information, if required, to help others and I think thats a good philosophy.

Are you as calm and collected as you seem to be here? When was the last time you were genuinely angry?

I tend to not get bothered by too much in real-life or at work. I think the angriest I have ever gotten was with someone at work who consistently kept doing things wrong even though I tried to tell them they needed to shape up. When they got fired they blamed me and I took it because I figured they were just angry only for them to continue on a rant at which point I had had enough haha. My boss told me I need to shout more and then we both looked at each other and laughed.

What would your perfect bar look like?

I'd say two of everything with a high stress on Rum and Whiskey having more variety (maybe 9 each). I'm very partial to good Rum so I'd say that probably take precedence over Whiskey.

Best thing you ever purchased?

https://www.tcelectronic.com/product.html?modelCode=P0DFU

This thing has made life so easy on stage, in studios and even for practice. I cant stress how much it has reduced having to go to any of the aforementioned three and plug an instrument in and tune it or even keep tuning straight and waste everyone's time while you're busy getting things setup. Quick, easy and painless.

• Subscriber

Does extraterrestial life exist?

What is the best free software everyone should be using?

Which video games would you like to see adapted into a movie/TV series?

What is your most irrational belief or most controversial opinion?

What is the scariest or most disturbing scientific theory?

Will machines ever become conscious? 

Do multiple alternative universes exist? 

What scientific experiment would you run if money and ethics weren't an issue?

What’s the worst song ever, in your opinion?

What’s your favourite bass company?

And favourite guitar company?

And the opposite of both of those?

Megadeth or Metallica?

Favourite thing to grill?

Best breakfast?

Do you like Persian food?

If you and I started a band what would we call it?

• Subscriber
On 05/02/2021 at 00:23, nudge said:

Does extraterrestial life exist?

Yes. I believe it does exist but its not like what we see in the movies. Its way different. Although a real-life Xenomorph would be quite cool

What is the best free software everyone should be using?

Tough question but I'd say that Office Suite LibreOffice? Not too bad and works decently well.

Which video games would you like to see adapted into a movie/TV series?

So many but off the top of my head

• Metal Gear Solid
  • Portal series
  • God of War series
  • Metroid series

What is your most irrational belief or most controversial opinion?

Can't think of something off the top of my head but if I get something I'll return here and post it.

What is the scariest or most disturbing scientific theory?

I could type it out but I have a nice little excerpt.

"There have been mass extinctions in the past, and we’re probably in one now.

Paleontologists have identified five points in Earth’s history when, for whatever reason (asteroid impact, volcanic eruptions and atmospheric changes are the main suspects), mass extinctions eliminated many or most species.

The concept of extinction took a while to sink in. Thomas Jefferson saw mastodon bones from Kentucky, for example, and concluded that the giant animals must still be living somewhere in the interior of the continent. He asked Lewis and Clark to keep an eye out for them.

Today, according to many biologists, we’re in the midst of a sixth great extinction. Mastodons may have been some of the earliest victims. As humans moved from continent to continent, large animals that had thrived for millions of years began to disappear—mastodons in North America, giant kangaroos in Australia, dwarf elephants in Europe. Whatever the cause of this early wave of extinctions, humans are driving modern extinctions by hunting, destroying habitat, introducing invasive species and inadvertently spreading diseases."

Will machines ever become conscious? 

Yes they will. Will it happen in our lifetimes? No. With all the breakthroughs in computing we're seeing now the next logical step is to start brain emulation and I don't think that its going to happen until we break the speeds we have now. Consciousness isn't hard to mimic in controlled spaces by AI but to make it work and have it do it 'organically' is going to require a big break in computational power.

Do multiple alternative universes exist? 

Yes they do. I don't think its out of the realm of possibilities. Will we ever access them? Probably not.

What scientific experiment would you run if money and ethics weren't an issue?

Probably improvement of genetics and resistance to disease by getting started on children instead of wasting time with adults. They'd probably adapt faster too. I think the big issue we face today is how taboo it is to speak about conducting anything on kids but its also funny how that is exactly where I think we'll make some of the biggest genetic breakthroughs we will ever see. 

• Subscriber
On 05/02/2021 at 05:14, Toinho said:

Iron Maiden!!!

What are your top 5 rock/metal bands?

In no particular order (also this changes regularly)

• Iron Maiden
  • Metallica
  • AC/DC
  • Black Sabbath
  • Led Zep

Have you seen Iron Maiden live? (Was meant to see them last year but fucking COVID. Fortunately seen them 3 times). 

Yes I have just once and their energy is just amazing.

• Subscriber
On 06/02/2021 at 03:32, Dr. Gonzo said:

What’s the worst song ever, in your opinion?

I dont think I could classify something as the worst ever but I suppose any pop tune that has had way too much air time. It does get a bit irritating after a while.

What’s your favourite bass company?

Fender - Great tone, simple look and can take a beating.

And favourite guitar company?

Going to say Yamaha. They do things so well across multiple segments in guitar making and are pretty good on the pocket too.

Guilty Pleasures

• PRS
  • Martin - If you've ever played one it makes total sense why they charge you your family fortune to buy one.

And the opposite of both of those?

• Squier Jaguar Bass - If you get one for free from a friend they are not your friend.
  • Squier Entry Strat - Its cute till it stops being cute and becomes a PITA

Now, this is not to say Squier's arent good. Infact they are some of the better basses I recommend anyone buy because you can mod it and save some money too. But, these two instruments above are just pure horrendous.

Megadeth or Metallica?

Metallica. I listened to more of them growing up and eventhough Megadeth was around I like Metallica's sound sig more. Its lost its charm over the years but that's expected when you ditch metal and move towards a more commercial sound.

Favourite thing to grill?

Pork Chops

Best breakfast?

Bacon with eggs and sides. The sides really do it for me so something potato based or a pudding perhaps is a good breakfast. The Indian breakfast I like the most is Poori Bhaji

https://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/poori-bhaji/

Do you like Persian food?

I do and like Koobideh (sp?) its like a Kebab but I think it tastes really nice

If you and I started a band what would we call it?

Something edgy like 0PT1C. Prog rock and metal band haha.

• The topic was locked

Archived