talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

BVB part company with Thomas Tuchel - Hire Peter Bosz

https://www.fearthewall.com/2017/5/15/15642336/dortmund-offer-lucien-favre-deal-to-be-thomas-tuchels-replacement

Dortmund offer Lucien Favre deal to be Thomas Tuchel’s replacement

Recent events have hinted at a departure for Thomas Tuchel when Dortmund’s season comes to an end.

6148755_m3t1w300h200q75v57424_90670413.j

When the news of a fight between Tuchel and Watzke first broke, it was a shock that many people had a tough time believing. But now, it seems like almost a certainty that Tuchel is on his way out.

According to Bild, Dortmund have offered Nice manager Lucien Favre a contract to be their new manager this summer.
The Bild article is behind a paywall, but it also claims that the two parties are close to an agreement. If this report is true, it would be a 1-year-deal with a club option for a second year.

Favre is a very capable manager who has done great things with Nice this year. He’s guided them to a third place finish in Ligue 1, and thus a spot in next year’s Champions League.

People hear Favre’s name and see the teams he has been associated with in France, but he’s not French. The 59-year-old is Swiss, and is also unrelated to the former Green Bay Packers Quarterback.

On paper, Favre looks a lot like Tuchel. He likes his teams to play attacking football at a quick tempo, and he has a penchant for developing young players.

But he still represents an unknown. We’ve seen what Tuchel can do, and what types of strides his team are making. But Favre would represent starting over once again. Especially because Tuchel’s departure could spark another player exodus from Dortmund this summer.

Either way, it won’t be long now before we know the outcome of all of this. The season will be over, a decision will be announced regarding Tuchel, and BVB will have their new boss in place as quickly as possible. And at the moment, it looks like Favre is clearly the favorite to take over the job.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ATL said:

What's the future for Tuchel though?

I want to keep him :( But it's difficult to say what's going on behind the scenes. I could see him moving to the Premier League or maybe Barcelona? 

Just now, Tsubasa said:

I want to keep him :( But it's difficult to say what's going on behind the scenes. I could see him moving to the Premier League or maybe Barcelona? 

Yeah - I don't have a good feeling for BvB if he leaves. You lot have been lucky with 2 consecutive good managers, and switching now seems risky.

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Arsenal

41 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

People hear Favre’s name and see the teams he has been associated with in France, but he’s not French. The 59-year-old is Swiss, and is also unrelated to the former Green Bay Packers Quarterback.

What a bizarre fact to throw in there.

34 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

New coach (again) spend another 120 mil € but yet they are never consider a failure :34_rolling_eyes: spending all that money and only one cup (potentially) to show for it. 

Fuck off, it's like Tottenham competing with a Chelsea, Man City or Man Utd every season...how can they fail when a team who spends far more than them do better? Not winning doesn't equal failure when you can't compete with the biggest team in the country.

9 hours ago, Danny said:

Fuck off, it's like Tottenham competing with a Chelsea, Man City or Man Utd every season...how can they fail when a team who spends far more than them do better? Not winning doesn't equal failure when you can't compete with the biggest team in the country.

Nonsense. BVB are the second best team in Germany, marvelously run, and are expected to challenge for honours every season. BVB have more than it takes to win the league, but they've been very unfortunate with injuries, and a group of players whose heads were turned when other clubs came calling. BVB winning the Bundesliga isn't even close to the scenario of Tottenham winning the Premier League; for starters BVB are competing with Bayern, Tottenham are competing with Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Arsenal.

10 hours ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

So its Bayern fault that BVB lost to monaco, a team that spent less than 50% last transfer window? Losing to Wolfsburg  (currently 15th) Darmstadt FC (18th, Spent 4.1 mil €) lost to Leverkusen and tied three  straight after that, lost to Frankfurt (11th) i could go on and on (three straight ties again). This season has been a failure for bvb. 

Funny you mention Tottenham. Got knocked out the europa league by fucking Gent(fourth place belgium league). Thats their fault! Meanwhile, the english team playing in the final won versus the 1st place of that league (many claim they had it easy, fuck spurs had it easier) 

19 hours ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

New coach (again) spend another 120 mil € but yet they are never consider a failure :34_rolling_eyes: spending all that money and only one cup (potentially) to show for it. 

Our net spendings were 10 mio€, not 120 mio€. The previous season it was -23mio€

Get your facts straight, you metrosexual boot licker.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/05/28/tuchel-hopes-continue-borussia-dortmund-boss

Tuchel hopes to continue as Borussia Dortmund boss

Thomas Tuchel has reiterated his commitment to Borussia Dortmund after leading his side to their first DFB-Pokal title in five years.

Despite a strong end to their Bundesliga campaign seeing Dortmund finish in the qualification spots for the UEFA Champions League, doubts remain over Tuchel's future at Signal Iduna Park after a reported disagreement with the club's board.

However, after seeing his side overcome a stubborn Eintracht Frankfurt 2-1 at Berlin's Olympiastadion, Tuchel claimed to have no desire to leave.
"Yes!" Tuchel responded when asked if he wished to remain as Dortmund coach by Sky Sports. "I don't know, [if this was his last Dortmund game]."

Dortmund's win marks Tuchel's maiden trophy in his coaching career at senior level.

It did not come easy, however, with Ousmane Dembele's terrific early goal swiftly cancelled out by Ante Rebic's strike, before Haris Seferovic struck the woodwork.

Dortmund managed to stay on level terms, though, and clicked into gear after the restart - Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang seeing an acrobatic attempt blocked on the line.

Aubameyang had his goal minutes later, though, chipping home an audacious finish from the penalty spot after substitute Christian Pulisic had been brought down by Frankfurt goalkeeper Lukas Hradecky.

There was to be more drama as Aubameyang hit the crossbar before Sokratis Papastathopoulos almost turned the ball into his own net.

Tuchel added after the grandstand finish: "I am completely empty. After the semi-final I was full [of energy] but now I am completely empty. It was a hard work.

"After we scored, we stopped playing football and then we were lucky not to fall behind. But nobody talks about it anymore, because we have won. Now everything is perfect."

Tuchel also said that Aubameyang's chipped penalty was actually a pre-conceived plan that the Bundesliga's top-scorer had been working on prior to the final.

"I can only say that it was a sure thing," Tuchel added. "We analysed Hradecky's penalty saves in advance.

"He dives to the corners. In the end it is a safe penalty because we have discussed it."

Well, if the reports are true, he'll be gone by the start of the week. It'd be a huge shame. I feel sorry for him. 

• Subscriber

Thomas Tuchel has been sacked by Borussia Dortmund in a surprise move, according to latest reports in Germany.

The 43-year-old has been linked with Arsenal in recent months amid doubts over Arsene Wenger’s future, having long impressed as one of the most promising up-and-coming coaches in Europe.

However, Bild claim Dortmund have opted to part ways with the German tactician just after the end of a season that saw him win the DFB Pokal.

Tuchel himself confirmed the news via his Twitter account, saying: ‘I am grateful for two beautiful, eventful and exciting years. Too bad that it does not go (on).

‘Thanks to the fans, to the team, to the staff and to all who supported us. Wishes the @BVB all the best. TT.’

Source: https://metro.co.uk/2017/05/30/thomas-tuchel-reportedly-leaves-borussia-dortmund-6672062/

Stupid cunts xD 

• Subscriber

Sacking a very capable coach after one season and going through the process of building a new squad again, very clever indeed.

EDIT: two seasons, ok. Point still stands.

2 minutes ago, ATL said:

Christ, why don't Inter go after him instead of Spalletti? I'd take him and 90% of the BvB team in Milan.

I thought people only go to Italy when their career is already over. ^_^

Just now, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Deservedly, this past season was a disappointment. 

If you're trying to be a troll, don't suck at it. 

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Sacking a very capable coach after one season and going through the process of building a new squad again, very clever indeed.

Wait and see what he actually did. A lot will be revealed only now that he's sacked.  There's no doubt he's competent and there are no good alternatives as i already pointed out in other thread. However if he acted like Magath did at Schalke, a sack might be the better choice in the long run. If Tuchel pissed everyone off (CEO, players & scouts), there's no point in keeping him no matter how competent he is.

2 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Deservedly, this past season was a disappointment. 

xD You are absolutely clueless.

Just now, Tsubasa said:

I thought people only go to Italy when their career is already over. ^_^

Naw mate, you are confusing Italy with America.

9 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Its my opinion, quit blaming bayern and the bombing for an overall disappointing season. Dont get me wrong, i expected bayern to win it, but to finish third????? And like i have pointed out before, they lost to a lot of bottom feeders, if you compare the squad worth, its understandable that Tuchel got told to fuck off. 

He wasn't even sacked for sporting reasons though. 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, True Bender said:

Wait and see what he actually did. A lot will be revealed only now that he's sacked.  There's no doubt he's competent and there are no good alternatives as i already pointed out in other thread. However if he acted like Magath did at Schalke, a sack might be the better choice in the long run. If Tuchel pissed everyone off (CEO, players & scouts), there's no point in keeping him no matter how competent he is.

Agreed, but neither of us knows what happened and that will not see the light of day anyway. I can well imagine that a character like Tuchel managed to piss the CEO, chief scout and a few players off (only heard of the Schmelzer/Sahin case, are there any others? genuine question, I have no idea), but unless he was completely out of favour with everyone in the team beyond repair, it's silly to sack him given his ability and sporting achievement. 

We'll see, I guess. It just looks like you're shooting yourself in a foot with lack of continuity in the club.

18 minutes ago, True Bender said:

Is there any chance to sign Enrique?

I don't know why he'd leave Barca to BvB. I think he's honest when he said he has other interests he wants to pursue. 

Archived