The better place to talk football.

BVB part company with Thomas Tuchel - Hire Peter Bosz

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Danny said:

Englais???

Basically it's Ginter reacting to an article in WAZ (Westdeutsche Allgemeine Zeitung, a German newspaper) which claimed that Tuchel basically categorized players into either "good" or "bad" purely on the personal level, and those who got along with him well were selected to play while those who criticised him were benched. The article goes on to claim that at first, Ginter was one of Tuchel's biggest critics in the team so he didn't get much playing time, but once Weigl got injured, he allegedly gave an interview praising his coach in order to get picked for the the DFB Pokal final xD Ginter tweeted to say that all of it is a load of bollocks.

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

This may have been posted earlier but I can't understand German :$. It sounds as though the relationship behind the scenes really broke down and in the end there was only going to be one loser. I feel like a bit of a nob asking this as I like to keep up with the football news but what exactly did the two parties disagree with in regards to the explosion near the team bus? People seem to be referencing this quite a lot and I'm in the dark about what has gone on?

Players and Tuchel didn't want to play the following day, while Watzke allegedly agreed to do that without consulting the players and the coach first, Reus confirmed there was a "difference of opinions" because of it.

This whole situation is a huge fucking mess.

22 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

BVB question Tuchel's ''trust and respect'':

_96275050_tuchel_epa.jpg

Fan criticism following Thomas Tuchel's departure as Borussia Dortmund boss prompted the club's chief executive to issue a statement questioning the manager's "reliability and loyalty".

Tuchel left after two years in charge on Tuesday, three days after winning the German Cup.

"It is not the result alone that matters," chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke wrote in an open letter to fans. "What also matters are fundamental values such as trust and respect."

The letter added: "It is about teamwork, communication, authenticity and identification. The ability to communicate and work as a team, reliability and loyalty.

''The fact that Dortmund and Tuchel are parting company has provoked criticism and a lack of understanding from some sections of our fan base. We, the people responsible for the board of management, can understand this. With Thomas Tuchel at the helm, Dortmund enjoyed two successful years in which our sporting objectives were achieved.

However, we - sporting director Michael Zorc and myself - also did not always see eye to eye with the coaching staff during this period. Unfortunately, we no longer believed the current coaching arrangement offered us a foundation for a successful future collaboration based on trust. Following intensive talks we ultimately decided the best measure would be not to extend the co-operation with the coaching staff beyond the end of the 2016/17 season. This joint decision is unanimously supported by all committees within the club."

This may have been posted earlier but I can't understand German :$. It sounds as though the relationship behind the scenes really broke down and in the end there was only going to be one loser. I feel like a bit of a nob asking this as I like to keep up with the football news but what exactly did the two parties disagree with in regards to the explosion near the team bus? People seem to be referencing this quite a lot and I'm in the dark about what has gone on?

Tuchel critised the club officials for agreeing on the match being played just one day after the attack and hinted at the club forcing the players to play although they were shocked, while CEO Watzke insisted the club had questioned the players if they felt capable to do so and made clear there wouldn´t be any negative consequences if they didn´t felt able to play.

3 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Tuchel critised the club officials for agreeing on the match being played just one day after the attack and hinted at the club forcing the players to play although they were shocked, while CEO Watzke insisted the club had questioned the players if they felt capable to do so and made clear there wouldn´t be any negative consequences if they didn´t felt able to play.

I don't remember Tuchel saying or implying that the players were forced. He was upset that nobody had even talked to the team before the agreement with UEFa was made.

It's going to be Bosz. I'm sure of it. To be fair, the only capable replacement that even comes close to Tuchel in terms of ability would have been Nagelsmann. But that's an unrealistic option. 

On 1.6.2017 at 8:03 PM, Tsubasa said:

Even the "serious" media here are reaching British tabloid levels these days. Absolutely ridiculous. 

Ii think nowadays the quality of WAZ is on par with BILD. Maybe even below. It is getting worser and worser every day. Just take a look at their website.

• Administrator

I don't necessarily think this is a great appointment, tactically he's not particularly proactive let alone reactive to change. I'm not knocking his style of football by any means but he feels a bit Wenger like in his approach 

Archived