The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 9-0 Southampton - Tuesday 2nd February, 2021

football forum

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
8 minutes ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Southampton are going to go on an epic winning run now. Who they got next?:ph34r:

Can Man Utd go on a 2nd-half-of-the-season collapse as well? Please?

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Pitiful. I don’t bat for Liverpool. Liverpool football club have some reprehensible creatures who support them, embarrassed themselves over the Evra issue and have countless racists supporting them

You mistake me pointing out your hypocrisy for affection. I am capable of objectivity. I can see that both Liverpool and Manchester United have horrible fans but only one is chastised as a city for it. Still can’t bring yourself to admit your hero is scum eh, yeah I stand by worm.

Manchester United a protected club.

Isn't this the case with every club?

• The topic was unpinned
33 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

It is. But only United. This is what happens when you don’t buy your toddler that United kit he desperately wanted for Christmas in the mid 90’s.

Who bought a kids Man Utd kit in the 90s? I thought Bono travelled the world giving them out for free as part of Comic relief :ph34r:

18 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Random question, but could Southampton technically appeal Bednarek's red or would it have no chance of being overturned? 

I think, like the Luiz penalty, it's technically right.

Contact + no effort to win ball + denying opportunity = Red.

The outcome is absurd because the rule was written with man-targeted challenges in mind, and not accidental collisions resulting from defenders pulling out of challenges altogether. 

It should really be like :

Challenge + No realistic chance to win ball + denying opportunity = Red. 

Incidents like Luiz and Bednarek should be pens and yellows at worst. 

8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I 100% agree with you that what was said was unacceptable on any platform (at least online) and that's why it's been removed.

I do think context matters and it's categorically undeniable he was not glorifying racist views. I do think he was having an argument with... nobody really... just the "anti-Liverpool mods" (and I'm probably the most biased pro-Liverpool poster on here... and I'm a mod xD) and he's crossed a line that's really unjustifiable because... he's not arguing with anyone.

But even in the context of the argument he was having with nobody, he wasn't saying anything pro-racist - if anything his point was that racism is bad and standing by racists is bad. That sentiment is probably something most of us agree with - racism is bad and standing by racists is bad. It's just the way he said it was 1.) unnecessary and inflammatory; 2.) unnecessary because it was an argument against nobody.

That's just my opinion, but I'm just one mod who was acting quick. I think we've probably got rules on what to do and I probably should go look those up and follow through with that. I also do think that the community as a whole should set the standard for what's acceptable - so if anyone disagrees with what I've done you can let me/the rest of the staff know. Perhaps via PM though, so as not to further derail this thread.

It's just a shame United can score 9 goals in one match and that's not the thing I'm most upset about in the match thread on here... 

I’ve gone over the top many times and apologise but not this time. Every thing I said was right. Manchester United are a protected club. Open your eyes, imagine if three Liverpool/Chelsea players were racially abused in a week. You know the reaction on here would be very different.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not sure what your point is, Chelsea are widely considered a racist club. My point is Manchester United are no better, despite what you’re told.

If you can’t see it you never will. Look at the way Ryan Giggs is regarded compared to John Terry. 

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I’ve gone over the top many times and apologise but not this time. Every thing I said was right. Manchester United are a protected club. Open your eyes, imagine if three Liverpool/Chelsea players were racially abused in a week. You know the reaction on here would be very different.

You are preaching to the choir about United being favoured by the media and public, at least with me.

Doesn’t mean you can just casually drop the n word to prove a point about racism.

1 hour ago, Cazza said:

Post some evidence?

Chelsea have a long history of racism stemming from the 80s, but probably earlier. But a lot of the racism that came from dickheads like the Chelsea Headhunters, a lot of people say still lingers.

There’ve been a few instances that have led even Abramovic to take anti-racism measures (mostly threatening to send racists to Auschwitz).

I think a lot of clubs in the UK struggle with racism still tbh.

OK we all get it, racism has no place in football today. The older members among us remember what it was like in the 70's and 80's, a horrible time that I would never want to see return.

Any racists at football matches should be charged and banned for life by the club.

But I honestly don't know what we can do about racism on social media?

It happens all the time it seems, take the Rashford abuse, I'm the last person to defend manu fans but really, who is to say who these cretins are? they are anonymous. Anyone with a computer with time on their hands can be whoever they want.

I haven't been here long but there was nothing stopping me signing up as Mancy Mouse die hard manu fan? I could post racist drivel then get banned, no skin off my nose mission accomplished so after Ive been booted those trying to score points about another racist manc?

It's the same with the Rashford incident, who is to say who these people are, where they live or who they really support?

37 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

OK we all get it, racism has no place in football today. The older members among us remember what it was like in the 70's and 80's, a horrible time that I would never want to see return.

Any racists at football matches should be charged and banned for life by the club.

But I honestly don't know what we can do about racism on social media?

It happens all the time it seems, take the Rashford abuse, I'm the last person to defend manu fans but really, who is to say who these cretins are? they are anonymous. Anyone with a computer with time on their hands can be whoever they want.

I haven't been here long but there was nothing stopping me signing up as Mancy Mouse die hard manu fan? I could post racist drivel then get banned, no skin off my nose mission accomplished so after Ive been booted those trying to score points about another racist manc?

It's the same with the Rashford incident, who is to say who these people are, where they live or who they really support?

C’mon mate, you can’t use a reasonable argument like this. United fans (like nearly every other set of fans) racially abused players in the 80’s, so somehow, you need to be constantly reminded about this. And Ryan Giggs for some strange reason. It’s probably why the German posters stay in the Bundesliga section. Imagine the vitriol he’d spill against them for what a section of their society did in the 40’s :ph34r:

31 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Pretty ridiculous this has gone on 7 pages from remarks that are nothing more than hasty generalisations. 

Ridiculous indeed. I was very reluctant to throw my oar in but in all honesty I can't buy into the argument that man utd, us or anyone else are racist because some berk decides to post racist shit or abuse black players and then sign off as a man utd or Liverpool's supporter?.

12 minutes ago, Cazza said:

This guy sold me some magic beans the other day..... 

You are talking about individuals not a club sponsored policy?

I'm surprised I even have to say this...I've never said the club itself sponsored a policy of racism. That'd be mental, especially nowadays xD - Chelsea headhunters were a group of shitty racist cunts that I'm sure longtime Chelsea fans like @Bluewolf fucking hated being associated with twats like that.

And sadly some of that element has survived amongst Chelsea support... but that shit was very prevalent at a lot of football clubs in the 80s (which OBVIOUSLY doesn't make that okay) - and sadly some of that element has sort of survived amongst most clubs. Just like how there's a sad surviving element of racism just generally in the world, not just in football.

But if you want a bit of a history lesson that can explain why Chelsea frequently gets memed as a neo-Nazi club on the internet, I'm probably not the best person to explain it.... but fortunately you can just take a quick visit to www.google.com and type in: "Chelsea FC + racism + history" you will get quite a few hits that give a clue where the memes come from.

Archived