• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Roma Have Mahrez Bid Rejected

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
6 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

A Leicester City legend and one of the biggest transfer bargains in Premier League history. Good luck to him wherever he goes next. 

Nothing on Kante. 

1 hour ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Nothing on Kante. 

Well Mahrez was 14 times cheaper than Kante for Leicester (£400,000 vs. £5.6 million). And his contribution wasn't just in the title winning season in 2015/2016 like Kante's, but also in the promotion season in 2013/2014, the great escape in 2014/2015 and in the Champions League adventure this season. 

So I would say that Mahrez is both the bigger Leicester legend and the bigger bargain. Signing a flair player who created and scored so many goals and got the fans on the edge of their seats for that cheap was just an insanely good piece of business. 

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Well Mahrez was 14 times cheaper than Kante for Leicester (£400,000 vs. £5.6 million). And his contribution wasn't just in the title winning season in 2015/2016 like Kante's, but also in the promotion season in 2013/2014, the great escape in 2014/2015 and in the Champions League adventure this season. 

So I would say that Mahrez is both the bigger Leicester legend and the bigger bargain. Signing a flair player who created and scored so many goals and got the fans on the edge of their seats for that cheap was just an insanely good piece of business. 

One of the best deals we'll ever make. I could tell after about five games we'd signed a gem although even then I'd have been wowed if you told me what he would go onto do for us.

He hasn't had a great year but some of our fans saying good riddance are embarrassing. They'll eat their words next year.

• Administrator
20 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

and still the bigger clubs are willing to spend ludicrous sums on players that are not guaranteed to do the business.

£400k is very little risk and had potential of huge reward which came to fruition.

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Dan said:

One of the best deals we'll ever make. I could tell after about five games we'd signed a gem although even then I'd have been wowed if you told me what he would go onto do for us.

He hasn't had a great year but some of our fans saying good riddance are embarrassing. They'll eat their words next year.

No one took you seriously after the Knockaert hype :ph34r:

Does anyone else rate him much less after last season?

I think he's somewhere in between as good as he was when Leicester won the title and as bad as he was last season. Has he been linked anywhere specifically other than Monaco (I think he'd do quite well in the French league tbh).

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Does anyone else rate him much less after last season?

I think he's somewhere in between as good as he was when Leicester won the title and as bad as he was last season. Has he been linked anywhere specifically other than Monaco (I think he'd do quite well in the French league tbh).

Lyon and Marseille as well but nothing concrete. Gone a bit quiet now as expected because he's on international duty. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Probably misses Kante

Conte's played Football Manager since the season ended and has asked Kante to recommend a signing

1 minute ago, Toony said:

If Mahrez wants to be playing first team football, Chelsea isn't the place for him. I can't see where he's going to break into that side.

He regains his 2016 form he'd be ahead of Pedro and Willian easily 

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Possibly, I just don't think he would play as much as he'd like at Chelsea.

I think he'll go to Arsenal when Sanchez leaves.

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Nowhere near ahead of Pedro although easily better and more diverse than Willian.  The only thing the Brazilian has ahead of Mahrez is his motor but on football quality not a chance.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Nowhere near ahead of Pedro although easily better and more diverse than Willian.  The only thing the Brazilian has ahead of Mahrez is his motor but on football quality not a chance.

I love Pedrito, but if Mahrez were to regain his form from 2016, he'd be a shoe in. 

Just now, Cicero said:

I love Pedrito, but if Mahrez were to regain his form from 2016, he'd be a shoe in. 

I like Mahrez a lot and I stated how much in the day on the other forum that season... For me he had earned a top three in the Ballon d'Or for that year...  But Pedro has been doing it for years!

He's faster, more dynamic, ambidextrous, scores goals, makes goals and his enthusiasm is contagious.  I would swap Pedro for Mahrez without even thinking about it and he's a major reason as to why you won the Premier League this season.

Remember that many players in that Leicester side looked like world beaters two seasons ago!  Where do you rate each individual one now?

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

So you reckon if he were to regain his POTY 2016 form,, he'd still be behind Pedro? 

Vardy was sensational at times that season. 

Would I want him? Nope. 

Morgan etc looked like brick wall CB's, but they aren't really. 

It was a freak season from Leicester and their players went on a freak purple patch, every one of them. 

Im not dissing Leicester btw because it was brilliant but if you think their POTY is a better option than Pedro then you are off your nut. 

6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Vardy was sensational at times that season. 

Would I want him? Nope. 

Morgan etc looked like brick wall CB's, but they aren't really. 

It was a freak season from Leicester and their players went on a freak purple patch, every one of them. 

Im not dissing Leicester btw because it was brilliant but if you think their POTY is a better option than Pedro then you are off your nut. 

How am I 'off my nut' when I briefly spoke of the possibility of Mahrez regaining that tremendous form? Surely there would be some case to be ahead in the pecking order if such thing happened. 

• Administrator
59 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Good for him, he probably doesnt want to be around the snakes that got Ranieri fired

9 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

:congrats::congrats: it was the ranieri effect

Image result for obsession aftershave

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Good for him, he probably doesnt want to be around the snakes that got Ranieri fired

Luckily for him he could do that whilst staying here, seeing as the one who got Ranieri fired is himself.

• The title was changed to Roma Have Mahrez Bid Rejected

Archived