talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

LMS League 2020-21 - Round 6 (Eredivisie)

football forum

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
30 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Alright, I'm minded to void this week and start again next week in that case. I'll decide for sure when I have time to think about it which isn't today.

Don't be a dick :twothumbsup:

• Subscriber

Best thing is usually for those whose games went ahead as planned to have the result stand but it's not fair for those who had picks on Sunday to lose out when they've had no opportunity to pick an earlier game instead. I think for those affected by the Sunday cancellations will have to do Gameweek One next week while the rest have a week off.

38 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Alright, I'm minded to void this week and start again next week in that case. I'll decide for sure when I have time to think about it which isn't today.

It only seems fair..... that those games that were postponed should be classed as draws so not to hinder the smooth running of this competition.. 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Best thing is usually for those whose games went ahead as planned to have the result stand but it's not fair for those who had picks on Sunday to lose out when they've had no opportunity to pick an earlier game instead. I think for those affected by the Sunday cancellations will have to do Gameweek One next week while the rest have a week off.

This is approved. 

• Subscriber

Gameweek One - Half-Time Report

Below is the state of play so far:

1797491300_ScreenShot2021-02-09at09_22_36.png.7a08b0d0c640f7c7827c5ae49b8d7f72.png

Surviving Gameweek One we have @Viva la FCB, @DeadLinesman, @Lucas, @Michael, @Bluewolf, @Storts, @Stan and @Pyfish who successfully backed AZ Alkmaar ahead of their 1-0 victory at Emmen, and @RandoEFC who predicted PSV's victory over FC Twente. 

The only casualties from Gameweek One so far are @CaaC (John), whose impressive picking streak came to an end when Vitesse went to Heerenveen and were defeated by a goal to nil. @McAzeem is also eliminated this week as PEC Zwolle could only muster a draw against RKC Waalwijk. @Rucksackfranzose also changed his pick to Vitesse in time for kick off but I'm going to stick to his original pick of Ajax as it's unfair on him to not get the second chance when all of the other will effectively be rewarded for not making an alternative pick in time like he did.

For those whose fixtures were cancelled at short notice, we'll be doing a "re-run" this weekend meaning that this is effectively your Gameweek One. If you are already through to the next Gameweek, you have a weekend off - see you next weekend.

@Mel81x, @nudge, @...Dan, @Tommy and @Rucksackfranzose, please make your Gameweek One picks from this weekend's fixtures:

1496540500_ScreenShot2021-02-09at09_29_32.png.2c19cd5311870065694c8cb75f766d64.png 1363571478_ScreenShot2021-02-09at09_29_58.png.092d20acc0dd73b87966bbb7625666d3.png

• Subscriber

Gameweek One Results, Part Two

Casualties (0)

No further casualties this week from the small group who had their original fixtures voided.

Survivors (14)

All five of those who had to re-pick from this weekend's fixtures picked a winner and join the existing 10 participants in Gameweek Two. @nudge was up first on Saturday, a single first half goal enough to see her pick of Groningen past PEC Zwolle. Also through on Saturday was @Mel81x, who backed Ajax ahead of their solid 2-0 win at Heracles. Others had to wait until Sunday to secure their progress, but progress they did. FC Utrecht were up first, a high-scoring second half resulting in a 3-1 win for them over VVV-Venlo, paving the way for @...Dan and @Rucksackfranzose into Gameweek Two. Bringing up the rear with the most emphatic success of the weekend was @Tommy, whose pick of Feyenoord put five past Willem II.

Congratulations to the five of you for getting off the mark, you join @Viva la FCB, @DeadLinesman, @RandoEFC, @Lucas, @Michael, @Bluewolf, @Storts, @Stan and @Pyfish in Gameweek Two. We are now back in synch. I know a couple of you made picks for this week that I have ignored as Gameweek One wasn't concluded. Everyone left is expected to make a pick as normal from this weekend.

64966252_ScreenShot2021-02-15at19_23_36.png.21787c5fee30f1ad069fb534e4d9903b.png

Preview - Gameweek Two

Below is the current Eredivisie table and the next set of fixtures, which get started on Friday. Remember not to pick a side you've used already!

915912505_ScreenShot2021-02-15at19_32_30.png.9ebe0b85564df361ab3fcaa10c28dfbf.png 2085764845_ScreenShot2021-02-15at19_33_23.png.547a526f5a98545119de696c776978f5.png

My pick for Gameweek Two is Ajax. Good luck!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived