talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 1-4 Manchester City - Sunday 7th February 2021

football forum

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Arsenal's passing needs to be a lot quicker and slicker than it has been if they want to score today, Pepe had a good opportunity to float a cross to Gabriel who was free at the far post but went for goal instead 

What the fuck does this have to do with Liverpool vs Citeh, Daniel?

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

If Man City can't win at Anfield here you have to wonder if they ever will

Yeah that’s how I feel too.

Realistically City should be destroying us at the moment - I can’t see anything other than a big win for them

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah that’s how I feel too.

Realistically City should be destroying us at the moment - I can’t see anything other than a big win for them

Some people claiming Man City are much improved this season, they are actually three points better off than at this stage last season.

fwiw I don't see us getting anything out of this tomorrow, as shite as City are at Anfield I don't think even they will not get the win this season, it's a pity our two new CBs hadn't been with us a week or two longer.

Maybe we should take a leaf out of Ole's book and park the bus at home?:coffee:

FANS CRITICISE KLOPP

“Even as a Liverpool fan this is just silly excuse, City had much less time to prepare for the season at the start of the season, that’s why they dropped points against Leeds and Leicester. You can’t use these kinds of things as an excuse to having 2 shots on target against Brighton.”

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/liverpool-fc-news/liverpool-fans-not-impressed-with-jurgen-klopps-silly-excuse/

• Administrator
Just now, Happy Blue said:

“Even as a Liverpool fan this is just silly excuse, City had much less time to prepare for the season at the start of the season, that’s why they dropped points against Leeds and Leicester. You can’t use these kinds of things as an excuse to having 2 shots on target against Brighton.”

Much less time?

Didn't your first game get postponed? And all teams had similar 'pre-season' times, hence your later start.

30 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

Some people claiming Man City are much improved this season, they are actually three points better off than at this stage last season.

They had a really bad start though. They have put together a nine game winning run in the league and aren't conceding goals. Couldn't say either of those things about them last season. They're also only 3 off their points total than at the same stage of the 18/19 season when they ended up on 98 points.

@Stan Premier League clubs involved in the latter stages of European cup competitions will be given a delayed start to the 2020-21 season.

Then we had covid and 8 players out injured hence the rocky start ..Leicester are in fine form and can beat us at anytime so that point doesn't stand with me, we should of beat Leeds though

4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

@Stan Premier League clubs involved in the latter stages of European cup competitions will be given a delayed start to the 2020-21 season.

Then we had covid and 8 players out injured hence the rocky start ..Leicester are in fine form and can beat us at anytime so that point doesn't stand with me, we should of beat Leeds though

Covid was end of December, at the start of this winning run you've put together. Definitely helps when you can just cancel games when you want

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Definitely helps when you can just cancel games when you want

Still can't work out why Fulham had to carry on playing and have a game re-arranged within 2 days but Man City got to have however many days off.

38 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Covid was end of December, at the start of this winning run you've put together. Definitely helps when you can just cancel games when you want

We had players and staff with covid at the start of the season too so we wasn't training pre season

8 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

We had players and staff with covid at the start of the season too so we wasn't training pre season

You had about 2/3 first team players out with COVID, were able to cancel the match four hours before kick off and ended up having a good 10/11 days off. Was a complete and utter pisstake, especially when both Fulham & Aston Villa were made to play games with decimated teams. 

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

You had about 2/3 first team players out with COVID, were able to cancel the match four hours before kick off and ended up having a good 10/11 days off. Was a complete and utter pisstake, especially when both Fulham & Aston Villa were made to play games with decimated teams. 

Half the team and staff had the flu   ...but what has this got to do with Liverpool playing so poorly? :35_thinking:

I'd have liked to have seen Kabak in so we could get Fabinho or Henderson in midfield but didn't expect it in this game. Klopp won't have had much time on the training ground with them. I think we'll see one of them next weekend

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived