• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 1-4 Manchester City - Sunday 7th February 2021

football forum

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

You think we lack top quality in the squad?

We have Mo, Firmino, Mane and Jota. 

Id say we had as much quality at that position as anyone.

Bayern Munich have Lewandowski, Muller, Gnabry, Conan, Sane & Douglas Costa as attacking options, they play a front three but have three back up options at any one time. We have four top quality forwards, but three of them play at any one time. We lose two of them or they lose form (currently happening) then we have one good option in back up. 

I don't understand the claims that we're going big in the summer.

Look at the financial gymnastics we had to do to get Jota and Thiago over the line, and then our reluctance to get a CB in followed by more gymnastics when it became (even more) essential. Then try to reconcile that with the idea that we have hundreds of millions to spend. I can't do it :what:

4 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

You think we lack top quality in the squad?

We have Mo, Firmino, Mane and Jota. 

Id say we had as much quality at that position as anyone.

we dont have a squad to match city. i would also say that firmino is done now tbh so we have jota mo and mane as a front 3 and firmino and origi who cant score in a brothal as back up. 

13 minutes ago, Rick said:

I’m not asking for a lot. Just better than Origi. We have relied so heavily on the front three for the last three years, only due to luck did we avoid serious injuries to those three. Top teams have two good players for every position if they are serious about staying a top club. 

We have little to nothing on the bench who can come on and really change the game. That’s the whole point. 

If you want to be bankrolled by a corrupt state just say. They're the only side that has two top players for every position

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

There have been serious murmurs what we are going big in the transfer market this summer. 

That's not happening given there's been no fans through the turnstiles for over 12 months by the end of the season

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Well I've heard fuck all like that.

Anyway I'm off, really can't be arsed with all this shit after every game. It just goes from one extent to another with you.

First its "I WANT A CB, I WANT A CB"..

Now it's "ORIGI IS SHIT, BUY ME A FUUUCCCKKKIINNNGGG SSTTRRRIIIKKKEEERRRR"

Honestly it's like school.

I think you trivialise some valid points far too much and make it sound like a school playground in your own mind :what:

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Well I've heard fuck all like that.

How is that my problem, why are you going apeshit yet again? 😂 

Please, show me where I’ve criticised any of our front three and asked for replacement? Me wanting squad strength is not me asking for replacements. 

But of course, you don’t care. As long as you get to lose your rag. Storming off like you’re a guest on Jeremy Kyle. 🤡

Just now, Rick said:

How is that my problem, why are you going apeshit yet again? 😂 

Please, show me where I’ve criticised any of our front three and asked for replacement? Me wanting squad strength is not me asking for replacements. 

But of course, you don’t care. As long as you get to lose your rag. Storming off like you’re a guest on Jeremy Kyle. 🤡

Every fucking match day thread you are there like a fucking moaning tart. Fuck off.

• Administrator
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Every fucking match day thread you are there like a fucking moaning tart. Fuck off.

You both still need to heed @Dr. Gonzo's advice...

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Can you two please not do this in every LFC thread. Nobody should be interested in being the forum’s next Brian & Teso taking their arguments into every thread.

If you can’t get on with each other, ignore each other.

6 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

If you want to be bankrolled by a corrupt state just say. They're the only side that has two top players for every position

Ah is this what we are doing now? 

Just say if you can’t be arsed having a decent discussion, but don’t try and make out that I want the club to be run with blood money just because I want a better option than Origi on the bench. 

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

Ah is this what we are doing now? 

Pop your head back in the sand if you can’t be arsed having a decent discussion, but don’t try and make out that I want the club to be run with blood money just because I want a better option than Origi on the bench. 

It's essentially what you want though isn't it? You want the club to start spending big money on a fifth choice attacker during a global pandemic which has seen them lose a lot of money in matchday revenue.

Just now, LFCMike said:

It's essentially what you want though isn't it? You want the club to start spending big money on a fifth choice attacker during a global pandemic which has seen them lose a lot of money in matchday revenue.

No it’s isn’t. I have wanted the club to invest on players for the last three seasons. You can go back to after the champions league win, the 2nd place finish, and you will see me consistently saying we need to add serious quality to the squad. 

I didn’t want, or expect everything to be done in one window. Which is why I’ve been very tongue in cheek talking about this “big summer” ahead. I obviously wasn’t clear enough with my humour, because I don’t expect this massive overhaul to happen. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived