talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Begovic Bournemouth-Bound

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

In theory playing for Chelsea on big bucks sitting on the bench sounds alright but I'm sure once reality set in he knew that he had made a mistake.

I definitely agree, I'm trying to think of other players that did that to win a title, willing to sit on the bench in their prime to get that cup.

Good signing for Bournemouth. They continue to make shrewd buys and this was an area they needed to strengthen. I love the way Eddie Howe goes about his business.

The way they continually improve their squad, you can see them consolidating their place in the division for the next couple years for sure.

Works well for all parties really, Bournemouth get a quality goalkeeper who's far too good to be sitting on the bench every week, Chelsea make a profit on someone who's hardly played and Begovic gets first team football.

Did well last season when Courtois was out, saved our blushes as much as he could. I always knew he would be number two no matter what. He is too good to be a second keeper for any team, wish him well in Bournemouth.

Given how impressive he was for a number of years at Stoke I think this is an ideal signing. He seems the type of character that will remain motivated too, which is where most players who have failed to consolidate a place at a top club struggle. For the price it's an impressive signing.

20 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Given how impressive he was for a number of years at Stoke I think this is an ideal signing. He seems the type of character that will remain motivated too, which is where most players who have failed to consolidate a place at a top club struggle. For the price it's an impressive signing.

He fell off and was a bit disinterested towards the end, that's why we finally pull the trigger on putting Butland in full time.

• The title was changed to Begovic Bournemouth-Bound

Archived