talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sorare - Global Fantasy Football - Buy, Sell & Trade Cards

football forum

It's similar to Football Index, so I thought I'd put this here.

I first became aware of Sorare at least 6 months ago, the idea behind it interested me, but I was put off by the fact that the in game currency was Ethereum, a cryptocurrency. I had and still have no idea about cryptocurrency, but I finally decided to join a couple of weeks ago because I saw the returns some people were making in my FI Twitter circles.

Basically, it's a game where you buy cards of a player. Unlike Football Index's futures, these cards are limited. There are 100 rare cards, 10 super rare cards and 1 unique card issued per season. The more rare your card is the more points it will earn you in competitions. Once you buy a card it's your property, you keep it for as long as you like, and you can use it in competitions as often as you like.

To enter a competition you need one goalkeeper, one defender, one midfielder, one striker, and an extra outfield player of your choice. Your players earn points based on their performances in real life. There are many different leagues for users with every level of budget. When you first join you get some free common cards, they can't be sold or traded, but you can use them in the Rookie League where you will get used to the game and can win prizes if you finish in a high position. You're limited to 8 entries in the Rookie League, after that you can decide if you want to carry on.

The next league up is the global division 4. If you want to compete in this you will need rare cards. You can get them by finishing top 3 in the Rookie League or by buying cards. You could build a team to challenge in Division 4 for about 0.25 ETH, which is about £300 right now. This is a great league when you're starting because all you have to do to earn an ETH reward is hit a threshold of 205 points for 0.01 ETH (£12) or 250 points for 0.02 ETH (£24). To win a rare card you need to finish in the top 130 (there were 1882 entrants last gameweek), while the top 3 get 0.5, 0.3 and 0.2 ETH, that's hundreds of pounds.

I think I've explained everything. As I said, the crypto thing put me off, and I was quite nervous dealing with it, but once your money is in, it's really a great game where you can make really good money. 

If you're interested, sign up with my referral link sorare.com/r/suyadnad and if you do decide to put some money in you'll get a free rare card after buying 5. And if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh one thing I forgot to mention is that not every club or player is on the platform, Sorare have official agreements with the clubs on the platform, and are in discussions with lots more. They say they aim to have the top 20 world leagues available. Here are the clubs they currently have licenses for: https://sorare.com/faq?selection=Clubs

Also it's a global game, anyone in the world can join. I know a few people on here were interested in Football Index but then discovered it wasn't available in their country. That's not the case with Sorare.

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

Do they have the rules for this in English?! Think you need a degree for this. 

What is it you don't understand? The scoring? I admit it all seems a bit daunting at first, but as I said, you can join up without spending any money, play the rookie league with your free cards and you'll get the hang of it.

It doesn't interest me to be honest. Its another platform where people that are crap at betting will jump on too appease their egos.

The people that plugged this hard at the start of the season initially slagged off Footstock to the moon during their boom phase in the first lockdown. It just screamed of people that missed one boat so went looking for another to amend their egos. The amount of former Football Index Twitter handles that are now 'SoRare affiliates' is just cringeworthy beyond belief. I know Twitter is the pits of society but have some personal pride ffs.

I looked at it originally. The crypto currency is off-putting, you have to put in a fair amount of whack to get decent cards, and there's a lack of decent teams at the minute. 

The time to get off Football Index was a year ago, the time to get off Footstock was at the start of the season and I imagine SoRare will be another one of those start up companies where it will be difficult to tell when the peak is. In its most basic you're trading Peruvian Rottweilers with crypto currency.

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

It doesn't interest me to be honest. Its another platform where people that are crap at betting will jump on too appease their egos.

The people that plugged this hard at the start of the season initially slagged off Footstock to the moon during their boom phase in the first lockdown. It just screamed of people that missed one boat so went looking for another to amend their egos. The amount of former Football Index Twitter handles that are now 'SoRare affiliates' is just cringeworthy beyond belief. I know Twitter is the pits of society but have some personal pride ffs.

I looked at it originally. The crypto currency is off-putting, you have to put in a fair amount of whack to get decent cards, and there's a lack of decent teams at the minute. 

The time to get off Football Index was a year ago, the time to get off Footstock was at the start of the season and I imagine SoRare will be another one of those start up companies where it will be difficult to tell when the peak is. In its most basic you're trading Peruvian Rottweilers with crypto currency.

Personally, the thing I liked about football index when I first joined was putting time in to try to find players that no one's ever heard of that I think will have a big future ahead of them. I was never one to buy the top end and wait for the dividends to roll in. It's been so long since I've been able to do that with FI because it takes forever for them to IPO players. I feel like I have that enjoyment back that I had when I first started FI.

This is the first FI alternative that I've tried. I never looked at Footstock and others because I've heard that they're more short term gambles, though I'm not sure that's true of all of them.

Yeah the people who slag off one platform and promote another annoy me too,. Even using the hashtag of one platform to promote another isn't cool and makes them look desperate in my opinion. It's one of the things that put me off of signing up months ago. 

Yeah, it's a risk, but for a few hundred quid it's a risk I'm willing to take. I have over £7000 in FI, I don't think I'll go anywhere near that on Sorare. I've put in about £400 so far, I think I'll go up to about £600 and then just play the game and see how much I can make back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived