talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leeds 2-0 Crystal Palace - Monday 8th February, 2021

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 20.00

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png      VS     821px-Crystal_Palace_FC_logo.svg.png

Recent Form
Leeds - LWWLL
Crystal Palace - WWLLD

Last 3 Meetings
07/11/2020 - Crystal Palace 4-1 Leeds
09/03/2013 - Crystal Palace 2-2 Leeds (Championship)
24/11/2012 - Leeds 2-1 Crystal Palace (Championship)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure which way it will go. 

Our record without Wilfried Zaha is absolutely poor, but a part of me feels this is a great chance to break this duck given the way Ebere Eze and others have stepped up in the last two games alongside how open Leeds United can be.

I don't know how Leeds United will react with the previous scoreline still in there minds. I do however imagine Patrick Bamford will score at some point.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

Our record without Wilfried Zaha is absolutely poor, but a part of me feels this is a great chance to break this duck given the way Ebere Eze and others have stepped up in the last two games alongside how open Leeds United can be.

I don't know how Leeds United will react with the previous scoreline still in there minds. I do however imagine Patrick Bamford will score at some point.

Where's Zaha?

In terms of results, Leeds can be quite unpredictable, I feel. 

Expecting goals in this though. Maybe a 4-3 but not sure which way...

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I won't lie, I feel better knowing Zaha isn't available but Eze seem's to have really good games against us. 

We were unlucky not to beat Everton, let alone get a draw so hoping we can put that right but we as a team, make no logistical sense. Our record at home is absolutely shocking this year, we just don't seem to enjoy it as much as we do away.

Everything quality coming from us seems to stem from Raphinha at the moment so no doubt he is the key player for us. Shut him down and I think you'll go a long way to getting something.

I just hope we don't have any armpit goals ruled out this time because that one hurt us and I don't think we got over it in that game.

• The title was changed to Leeds 2-0 Crystal Palace - Monday 8th February, 2021

I think Palace made that so easy for us that we were missing that little edge tonight, particularly our finishing.

We really should have put at least 5 on the board. Some very questionable efforts from Bamford and Struijk in particular. We do miss that clinicality and in another game, that could have bit us in the ass.

But positives...we got a clean sheet, another 3pts and we're up to 10th. I don't know how we can attract negativity when we've been such a bright spark in the league this season.

Raphinha is head and shoulders above anyone in our team mind. The lad has been a steal. We're very lucky to have him and at times, it's clear we need to add quality to compliment him. God, we have to keep that kid.

When I look at West Ham signing Benrahma for the same amount, someone we were heavily linked with and know well, and how he's looked up here, then how Raphinha has been, it's chalk and cheese. Lucky escape there.

I haven't really watched enough of Palace to make a fair judgement but Gary Cahill looked finished tonight at this level I thought. Either that or he had a very bad game. Looked a proper cart horse.

12 hours ago, El Profesor said:

I'm a huge Raphinha fan. I have no idea why Rennes sold him but I'm glad he moved to Leeds. 

I hope Tite realizes soon he's better than Richarlison.

That was a lovely bit of skill that.

Good luck to the lad if he does break into the national set up, it's obviously a very talented pool of players if he can't get in at the moment.

In some ways, I'm happy he's slightly under the radar. The reports from our players are he's really fitted into our group and isn't a 'big time charlie', he's bought into Bielsa's ethos of working hard and I like that mentality.

I thought that was a pretty toothless performance from our perspective. Once we let in that early goal we seemed devoid of any confidence and it was all downhill from there. On another day,this could have been a four or five nil victory to Leeds United who will probably not have many easier victories than this.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
8 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

As FM Sporting Lisbon 2019 extraordinare it brings me great pride to see Raphinia, Bruno and Perreira tearing up the Premier League. 

Just Sebastian Coates to go.

I didn't realise how bad your injury list was, the worst in the league as it happens, shouldn't be surprised at all with this result, really.

13 hours ago, Dan said:

I didn't realise how bad your injury list was, the worst in the league as it happens, shouldn't be surprised at all with this result, really.

It was like this last season and the year when Roy joined. I've just become immune to it so I don't cry like Liverpool fans do over it 

I think it will (finally) improve next season as some of the regular sicknotes are out of contract. Wickham, Sakho and Townsend will be gone. Gary Cahill has spent a lot of this season out too and unfortunately he's drifted in to the 'release' column in place of Scott Dann.

Archived