talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cobra Kai

football forum

Couldn't find a thread on this. For those that don't know, its a continuation of the Karate Kid film.

Binged on this on Netflix as its one of those "shall I watch anoth- oh its playing already" series and its brilliant.

I hadn't watched The Karate Kid before watching this and it wasn't an issue because of how many perfectly placed flashbacks. So no need to watch that if you haven't. 

There's three series at the minute and they're in the process of beginning to record the fourth. They want to produce six series, but I'm not really sure how they'll be able to drag it out and keep it entertaining.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Still can’t get over that football scene. The fuck was going on

The chick who plays Daniels daughter is one of the most unathletic human beings I've ever seen. As a movement coach I'd refuse to train her xD

She's not obese or even fat, but she moves like a 10 tone truck in slow motion. 

7 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

The chick who plays Daniels daughter is one of the most unathletic human beings I've ever seen. As a movement coach I'd refuse to train her xD

She's not obese or even fat, but she moves like a 10 tone truck in slow motion. 

Any photos?

13 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Of me or herxD

Watch this scene mate, just watch the way she moves. You'd see more grace and fluidity on a drunk giraffe. Even off the ball when she steps on that kid.  

Now, I understand :8_laughing:

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

It comes off in her "karate" scenes too. I'm honestly blown away. 

My eldest used to do karate, the amount of hours I have sat watching Kumite in competitions nearly melted my brain, but I would say I have an eye for it, 

Might give this a swerve.

27 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Of me or herxD

Watch this scene mate, just watch the way she moves. You'd see more grace and fluidity on a drunk giraffe. Even off the ball when she steps on that kid.  

That’s fucking truly awful. I started watching this show and it seemed alright, but if it ends up being shit like this I won’t bother continuing with it. 

Like I said, season 1 is pretty good. The show focuses on the adult characters, the funny lines and nostalgia. Season 2 is literally an awful teen drama. Season 3 finds some balance, but nothing really happens to forward the show, and there's still too much teen BS and horrid acting. 

If it's anything like GOT though this chick is gonna end up in movies no matter how awful of an actor she is if enough teens cream over her. ALA Emelia Clarke 

5 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Like I said, season 1 is pretty good. The show focuses on the adult characters, the funny lines and nostalgia. Season 2 is literally an awful teen drama. Season 3 finds some balance, but nothing really happens to forward the show, and there's still too much teen BS and horrid acting. 

If it's anything like GOT though this chick is gonna end up in movies no matter how awful of an actor she is if enough teens cream over her. ALA Emelia Clarke 

GOT was rushed at the end,  too much happened in the last series/season, Emilia Clarkes character changed beyond recognition 

It ended on a rare occasion were you accually liked the nasty ones throughout the series ( like Cersei) and disliked the good, Jon Snow was ruined after taking the knee.

Some might argue that's good drama, but it needed another series or two to get to that point.

1 minute ago, Moon Monkey said:

GOT was rushed at the end,  too much happened in the last series/season, Emilia Clarkes character changed beyond recognition 

It ended on a rare occasion were you accually liked the nasty ones throughout the series ( like Cersei) and disliked the good, Jon Snow was ruined after taking the knee.

Some might argue that's good drama, but it needed another series or two to get to that point.

I'm talking less about the shows nosedive in quality post season 4 and more about the fact that Emelia Clarke was a horrid, horrid, actor. Her 2 modes were squinting and moping. 

2 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'm talking less about the shows nosedive in quality post season 4 and more about the fact that Emelia Clarke was a horrid, horrid, actor. Her 2 modes were squinting and moping. 

Aye, I got that,  I just ran with it once I seen an opening. 

6 hours ago, Moon Monkey said:

Dany becoming mad had its signs. Jon Snow I agree was butchered. 

28 minutes ago, Moon Monkey said:

Well, there's mad and then there's Dany sat on a Dragon turning every man woman and child into Ash. 

Part of the rush. Had season 6 been 13 episodes, the character development would’ve had it make sense. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/03/2021 at 21:43, Devil-Dick Willie said:

The first season was reasonably entertaining. 
Second series was pretty gash
3rd season had the closer to the tone of the first, but nothing fucking happened. 

I can't believe you didn't mark at the double turn in the first episode.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Enjoyed that 4th season. Some really good character development throughout and am glad they hinting at more seasons to come. 

I was meaning to ask if it's worth watching. Loved season 1, could barely stand Season 2, and thought Season 3 was alright, but nothing to write home about. 

• 3 weeks later...

Two episodes in to Series 4 and enjoying it.

Introducing Kenny feels like a smart idea. All the original school kids from Season One inevitably feel stale at this point other than Miguel and Robby. He's instantly likeable with his family background and the way those nerdy kids are treating him. Plus it potentially opens a new wave of 'students' given he's in Daniels sons year. The ending was a smart move too as I just assumed his brother was dead.

Archived