talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

NFL

football forum

10 hours ago, Stan said:

Sad to wake up to news about Damar Hamlin :(

Collapsed on the field and had to receive CPR, in hospital and has a pulse but not breathing on his own. Hope he pulls through. 

It was really disturbing to watch live on television.

Takes a big hit right where his heart is, he gets back up & immediately collapses. I think it was helmet to chest contact. They're saying the impact sent him into cardiac arrest. I think even if he pulls through, it's unlikely he lives anywhere close to a normal life... let alone returns to playing. It's a bit different to what happened to Erikson considering he can't breathe on his own.

• Administrator
14 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It was really disturbing to watch live on television.

Takes a big hit right where his heart is, he gets back up & immediately collapses. I think it was helmet to chest contact. They're saying the impact sent him into cardiac arrest. I think even if he pulls through, it's unlikely he lives anywhere close to a normal life... let alone returns to playing. It's a bit different to what happened to Erikson considering he can't breathe on his own.

Yeah it's quite devastating and very sad when you think of his future after this. The good thing being he's young and could have better recovery time and care... 

I inadvertently saw a clip of it and it's horrible to watch. Sympathise with the players and coaches too that were close up to it and when he was getting treatment on the pitch. 

• Administrator

What a night! 

Seahawks had to win and hope Lions beat Packers to qualify for the playoffs. But in doing so, it meant the Lions were eliminated. Lions were watching Seahawks game at Packers, so they must have known the result before they started. 

Packers had to win to qualify. Lions end up beating them! 

Seahawks vs Rams had a lot of drama in it towards the end. 

The Playoffs are underway.

Pretty comfortable win for the 49ers (Who I think personally will be very hard to stop) but no doubt game of the night was the Jags coming back against the Chargers. 

How can you blow a 27pt lead like that? It's got to sting for Herbert.

Trevor Lawrence had an absolute shitter first half then comes up with that second half. Great character from the kid. 

I fancy the Bill, Vikings and the Bengals today. Least that's what I hope anyway.

Edited by Lucas

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Lucas said:

The Playoffs are underway.

Pretty comfortable win for the 49ers (Who I think personally will be very hard to stop) but no doubt game of the night was the Jags coming back against the Chargers. 

How can you blow a 27pt lead like that? It's got to sting for Herbert.

Trevor Lawrence had an absolute shitter first half then comes up with that second half. Great character from the kid. 

I fancy the Bill, Vikings and the Bengals today. Least that's what I hope anyway.

Watched the 49ers vs Seahawks. Didn't expect Seahawks to be leading at half-time but then they just seemed to run out of steam, combined with Brock Purdy continuing to impress as a rookie QB and lead them to a convincing win.

Woke up to the Jags/Chargers score and thought it must have been a close game, but had no idea it involved a 27-0 lead for Chargers at one point :o. That's some collapse. Reminds me of Colts surrendering their 33-0 lead against Vikings recently and losing.

• Administrator

Chiefs vs Jags was good last night. Chiefs won but Mahomes picked up a knee injury. Henne did okay as a replacement. Jags had a chance right at the end to get another drive for a TD but their onside kick failed. 

Bengals are such a brilliant team. Really happy for them.

They have definitely proved last year's Superbowl appearance was not a fluke and they have shat all over the pre match chat of a potential Chiefs v Bills, Mahomes v Allen, dream Championship game in Atlanta.

I really think they could go to Arrowhead and win next weekend, they hold no fear.

Eagles v 49ers will be a hell of a game too. I've had a sneaky feeling for the 49ers to go all the way so it will be interesting to see if Hurts and the Eagles can overpower their defence.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

They have definitely proved last year's Superbowl appearance was not a fluke and they have shat all over the pre match chat of a potential Chiefs v Bills, Mahomes v Allen, dream Championship game in Atlanta.

I really think they could go to Arrowhead and win next weekend, they hold no fear.

Eagles v 49ers will be a hell of a game too. I've had a sneaky feeling for the 49ers to go all the way so it will be interesting to see if Hurts and the Eagles can overpower their defence.

Yeah Bengals are fun to watch. All the commentators yesterday said it'll be a running game due to the weather, but Bengals did their thing and it worked. 

I do wonder if you're right when they play the Chiefs. Guess it could depend on how fit Mahomes is.

I put a bet on Eagles to win the Superbowl a couple of months ago. 49ers will probably be their toughest test. Brock Purdy continues to elevate and perform. 

Have to say I was dreading that matchup against Buffalo.  They had the emotional factor with Hamlin, home-field advantage including the weather, and we had a banged up offensive line.  Instead it was a dominant performance on the road.  We look stronger this year than last when we went in and shocked KC at their place.  

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I'd love to see another Bengals - 49ers final.  They lost twice in the 80's to the 49ers so it'll be worthy matchup.

I do have a question about American football. Some people who dont watch it ask why they need all the protective gear. It looks to me that they can do high tackles in it and also clash heads. Obviously if you have helmets you then need to protect other parts of yourself because the helmet would break a bone if it went into your ribs. Is that why they need the protection?

3 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

I do have a question about American football. Some people who dont watch it ask why they need all the protective gear. It looks to me that they can do high tackles in it and also clash heads. Obviously if you have helmets you then need to protect other parts of yourself because the helmet would break a bone if it went into your ribs. Is that why they need the protection?

They wear protection because Teddy Roosevelt made them wear it in the 1900s. It used to be more similar to rugby but the entire sport was essentially a free-for-all maul, with few rules on how and what a tackle is, players often died. Instead of adjusting the rules and learning to tackle safely; the forward pass and helmets were added. What the players wear now is just the evolution of that.