talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

NFL

football forum

1 hour ago, Stan said:

@Coma @Lucas @Spike @DeadLinesman @Devil-Dick Willie @Dr. Gonzo

Are you watching the Championship play-offs?

Eagles vs 49ers just started.

My wife’s from SF so we’re wanting the 49ers to win. But they’re not going to.

Honestly pretty great season for the 49ers regardless. Every QB got injured and they kept delivering with backups until this match.

and the Eagles were a favourite at the beginning of the season, so no surprises that they’re looking comfortable against a struggling 49ers offense 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

@Coma @Lucas @Spike @DeadLinesman @Devil-Dick Willie @Dr. Gonzo

Are you watching the Championship play-offs?

Eagles vs 49ers just started.

Yeah, to a degree. Eagles have more Aussies on the squad and I had Hurts as my fantasy QB, so I’m leaning towards them but SF also have Aussies and I had McCaffrey on my team as well.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Yeah, to a degree. Eagles have more Aussies on the squad and I had Hurts as my fantasy QB, so I’m leaning towards them but SF also have Aussies and I had McCaffrey on my team as well.

They hired the hayne plane back in the day, Australias bogan equivalent of the lolita express, except he just rapes people. Fuck the 9ers.

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

They hired the hayne plane back in the day, Australias bogan equivalent of the lolita express, except he just rapes people. Fuck the 9ers.

Hayne being a rapist has nothing to do the 49ers, especially since he played for them years before 

4 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

He raped someone in the USA while he was on their roster. 

And yes, it's not their fault, and it's just an association thing, but fuck the 9ers. 

Fair enough. I thought that happened in Sydney, anyway that’s also true for every team in this league. Eagles had Michael Vick who ran an illegal dog fighting ring in his yard, Kansas City had Tyreek Hill who strangled his toddler, Bengals have Joe Mixon who kicked a girl in the head when he was at uni.

At least the 49ers cut Hayne after everything, all the other players I listed have/had careers post incident. The Browns have a sexual predator USD$300 million guaranteed in the middle of a civil case.

3 hours ago, Spike said:

Fair enough. I thought that happened in Sydney, anyway that’s also true for every team in this league. Eagles had Michael Vick who ran an illegal dog fighting ring in his yard, Kansas City had Tyreek Hill who strangled his toddler, Bengals have Joe Mixon who kicked a girl in the head when he was at uni.

At least the 49ers cut Hayne after everything, all the other players I listed have/had careers post incident. The Browns have a sexual predator USD$300 million guaranteed in the middle of a civil case.

He also raped someone in sydney yes.

• Wow 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/01/2023 at 18:30, Devil-Dick Willie said:

He also raped someone in sydney yes.

Eagles also had a player arrested for rape shortly after that game against the 49ers. It's the NFL though it's a league full of rapists, wife beaters, murderers; you name a crime & chances are that the league is pretty soft on it unless it's drugs... they really hate drugs. Unless they're performance enhancing drugs, they're softer on those than they are with recreational drugs.

I don't really like either team. I suppose I'm more against Patrick Mahomes than I am for any side, so I guess I'm with the Eagles.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

I hope the Eagles win. 

Their QB, WR, and OL man all went to the same Uni as I, and Jalen Hurts has to be one of the most humble and hard working athletes in American sports. 

Loving seeing Damar Hamlin and Miles Sanders. Apparently friends since high school. Regardless it's good to see Hamlin recovered/recovering and be able to watch this game.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Eco said:

I'm still surprised people outside of US watch the Super Bowl, as it's not really an 'international' sport, and compared to your version of 'football', it's incredibly slow and LOOOOONNNNGGGGG. 

For UK NFL's popularity has sky-rocketed over last 5-10 years. The London games have helped massively with that I guess. But you're right, there's not many other sports predominantly played in one country that garner such a big audience away from that country. 

Even NBA finals don't get this kind of coverage. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

For UK NFL's popularity has sky-rocketed over last 5-10 years. The London games have helped massively with that I guess. But you're right, there's not many other sports predominantly played in one country that garner such a big audience away from that country. 

Even NBA finals don't get this kind of coverage. 

Yeah - I do know the London games seems to be a massive hit, and it's not even that the sport is played almost entirely in the US, but that the players are mostly all American. 

NFL is by far the largest sport here in the U.S., and maybe...my 4th or 5th favorite, as the injuries are so severe that sometimes it's hard to watch.