talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

NFL

football forum

On 25/01/2023 at 21:37, Spike said:

They wear protection because Teddy Roosevelt made them wear it in the 1900s. It used to be more similar to rugby but the entire sport was essentially a free-for-all maul, with few rules on how and what a tackle is, players often died. Instead of adjusting the rules and learning to tackle safely; the forward pass and helmets were added. What the players wear now is just the evolution of that.

So is that a yes they do need the protective gear? 

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Absolutely. 

These 2 incidents happened to the same player 1 week after the other. 

I still can't believe he was allowed to play in that game after the first injury. Madness.

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Danny said:

thats why its so effective, American’s think theyre trying to stop a scrum xD

What is worse they also say Jordan Mailata has experience in the scrum playing rugby. Two things wrong with that statement, and you already know what they are.

• 2 months later...
54 minutes ago, Stan said:

Superbowl on Sunday.

@Spike @DeadLinesman @JoshBRFC @Danny you going to watch?

I've assigned myself the night shift on Sunday with the baby and taking Monday off to recover (read: sleep) afterwards. Hope it's a good a game as last year.

Every year I try to give it a go and every year I turn it off about 20 minutes in. Just feels like a dull sport

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Superbowl on Sunday.

I've assigned myself the night shift on Sunday with the baby and taking Monday off to recover (read: sleep) afterwards. Hope it's a good a game as last year.

I will but as much as I like the NFL I can’t stand the spectacle of the superbowl

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Superbowl on Sunday.

Will do yeah. I'm not pretending to be a super fan or anything, i only occasionally watch games throughout the year.

10 hours ago, Stan said:

Superbowl on Sunday.

Ai, willing the 49ers on. Fuck Mahomes, Kelce and Swift. All cunts.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Ai, willing the 49ers on. Fuck Mahomes, Kelce and Swift. All cunts.

Same. Sick of the love in and attention. 

9 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Will do yeah. I'm not pretending to be a super fan or anything, i only occasionally watch games throughout the year.

No superfan here but do enjoy the build up and occasion. 

9 hours ago, Spike said:

I will but as much as I like the NFL I can’t stand the spectacle of the superbowl

Fair enough. 49ers or Chiefs to win? 

10 hours ago, Danny said:

Every year I try to give it a go and every year I turn it off about 20 minutes in. Just feels like a dull sport

One more time! 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Same. Sick of the love in and attention. 

No superfan here but do enjoy the build up and occasion. 

Fair enough. 49ers or Chiefs to win? 

One more time! 

Chiefs, all the right wingers want the 49ers to win, which is largely ironic in itself.

• Haha 1

On 07/02/2024 at 13:40, Spike said:

Chiefs, all the right wingers want the 49ers to win, which is largely ironic in itself.

I like how they think Taylor Swift and Joe Biden have conspired to give so that the liberal haven of... Kansas City, Missouri... and defeat the conservative stronghold of... San Fransisco, California.

It's hard to believe these people aren't on some insane mind warping drugs.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I like how they think Taylor Swift and Joe Biden have conspired to give so that the liberal haven of... Kansas City, Missouri... and defeat the conservative stronghold of... San Fransisco, California.

It's hard to believe these people aren't on some insane mind warping drugs.

It’s more than that, Chiefs winning means Kelce wins (Mr Vaccine according to Aaron Rodgers), which means Swift wins, and Swift wants people to vote, and when people vote en masse Republicans lose. 

Just now, Spike said:

It’s more than that, Chiefs winning means Kelce wins (Mr Vaccine according to Aaron Rodgers), which means Swift wins, and Swift wants people to vote, and when people vote en masse Republicans lose. 

Has Taylor Swift ever made any political endorsements before? It seems sort of like the kind of thing I wouldn't expect a well liked pop star to do because doing anything divisive would probably hurt her image.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Has Taylor Swift ever made any political endorsements before? It seems sort of like the kind of thing I wouldn't expect a well liked pop star to do because doing anything divisive would probably hurt her image.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Spike said:

Genuine question: Is that really true? Asking because I got mates, who lived in the bible belt, in rural Texas respectively  for a few years.Remembering their stories got some reservations?

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

7 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Genuine question: Is that really true? Asking because I got mates, who lived in the bible belt, in rural Texas respectively  for a few years.Remembering their stories got some reservations?

The from what I understand the numbers usually suggest that Democrats typically receive a larger number of votes but Republicans win more constituencies, so for Democrats to win it has to be an overwhelming majority to make up for their weakness in lower population density constituencies. 

Seven of the past eight popular votes were won by the Democrats, but Republicans won three of those elections.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1035521/popular-votes-republican-democratic-parties-since-1828/

• Upvote 1