The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2020/21 - Fifth Round Matches

football forum

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Smiley Culture said:

I went to Barnsley once. 

I nearly got my head caved in by some lads asking me if I supported Maggie Thatcher, a woman in power before I was born. I also met a bloke who proudly showed me the burnt grass where they’d burnt a Thatcher effigy when she died. 

Good day out then... xD

Well we got our goal thank the lord, great work and decisive for a change.. but feel a bit sorry for Barnsley they have put in some solid graft tonight

33 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

On another note, how much more do we have to watch of Pulisic and Ziyech to say they are shit?

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Awful.

Showed tonight why he shouldn't be anywhere near the XI. 

Strange, Ziyech along with Werner showed great promise in the first few games of the season and now suddenly their performances have gone right downhill... 

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Strange, Ziyech along with Werner showed great promise in the first few games of the season and now suddenly their performances have gone right downhill... 

And Pulisic from last season. 

Not one of our attackers lived up to expectations this season. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

And Pulisic from last season. 

Not one of our attackers lived up to expectations this season. 

It's like @carefreeluke said in his earlier post... Just don't understand the reason for how badly their form has dipped, I mean it's not a just a little bit it's really noticeable.. Ziyech tonight didn't seem to want to be playing.. 

Just now, Bluewolf said:

It's like @carefreeluke said in his earlier post... Just don't understand the reason for how badly their form has dipped, I mean it's not a just a little bit it's really noticeable.. Ziyech tonight didn't seem to want to be playing.. 

I just realised Pulisic was on the pitch when he was getting subbed off for Kovacic. 

Yeah, Ziyech and Pulisic are really pissing me off these days, I'm hoping it's just bad form and they'll get going again at some point but it's gone on too long now for it to be worrying. 

This sounds crazy given the money we spent last summer but we really need a new spine to the team. Silva isn't going to be around forever and we all know what the two other centre backs are like, Mendy seems to be more of a stop-gap but I'm willing to give him more time. Looking at our three strikers, they all seem to be more of a second choice level than someone who can be relied upon heavily, Giroud has always been that sort of player, it's became apparent that Werner suits certain conditions, and Abraham's general play against better opposition is still under question. Then finally, I said we needed a defensive midfielder last summer but even a central midfielder now would do us. I'm not saying splash the cash like crazy again, care needs to be taken with these decisions and it's something that may not be sorted out in one window. 

More importantly, though, Tuchel has a lot of work on his hands and this team needs a lot of work regarding playing style, identity and general coaching.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived