football forum

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Stan said:

Maguire on crutches. 

Ligament damage. 

Possibly out of the Euros? 

That’s not good, regardless of his criminal transfer fee he’s still a solid centre back and good aerially. Plus it’s not like we’re spoilt for choice seeing as Gomez is out too

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

No not that cunt, Jordan Henderson. I don't give a fuck if the keeper gets called up or not xD

I know what you meant you tit xD 

• 2 weeks later...

What's everyone's thoughts on Sancho? I don't really watch Bundesliga so haven't seen him play. 

I only ask as a recent preview I read (World Soccer) had Sancho in the starting line-up, and yet in a recent debate on Sky neither Neville or Carragher had him in their preferred squad. 

Do you think he'll go?

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Ploughendplonker said:

What's everyone's thoughts on Sancho? I don't really watch Bundesliga so haven't seen him play. 

I only ask as a recent preview I read (World Soccer) had Sancho in the starting line-up, and yet in a recent debate on Sky neither Neville or Carragher had him in their preferred squad. 

Do you think he'll go?

100% he should go.

Neville and Carragher and the like all love it when a player sometimes goes abroad to get that experience. Sancho has done exactly that, still young, still delivered, and is probably in better form than some players but still won't get picked. As @Danny says, if he was still in England he'd be right in there.

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

100% he should go.

Neville and Carragher and the like all love it when a player sometimes goes abroad to get that experience. Sancho has done exactly that, still young, still delivered, and is probably in better form than some players but still won't get picked. As @Danny says, if he was still in England he'd be right in there.

Would you say it was the same for Jude Bellingham? Or is it a bit early for him to be involved in a major tournament?

11 minutes ago, shut up said:

He's been generally poor for England imo

playing well against Freiburg and Dussledorf is one thing, but we'll be up against the big boys of international football in the summer.

Pickford

Walker - Maguire - Stones - Shaw

Henderson - Rice

Foden - Mount - Grealish

Kane

Yet you’ve chucked Grealish in, playing well against Burnley and Crystal Palace is one thing...

1 minute ago, shut up said:

Grealish plays in the best league in the world

If you think the difference between the Prem and the Bundesliga is that big that you can slate Sancho for facing Freiburg but not Grealish for playing against a Burnley or Palace then what else can be said

Mount will play in front of Henderson and Rice, which is his best position

Except, it isn't. 

Mount isn't a CAM, which is something neutrals can't seem to comprehend and hardly a surprise you are following suit. Just because he plays there for us doesn't mean he's effective when players such as Maddison or even Foden could offer more there. Mount's numbers specifically show why he shouldn't be spearheading any attack. 

Good to see you finally admit that Grealish is best centrally after arguing with me for a year that he doesn't/can't play there. :hh:

I argued you couldn't play Grealish at CM you muppet. And you're daft to still think he can.  xD

4 minutes ago, shut up said:

I've never said that, I said centrally, meaning attacking midfielder xD

Shall we revisit the thread then? I'll be more than glad to bring it up. 

You specifically argued Grealish should be playing over Mount at CM/#8 box to box

Grealish doesn’t play as a central attacking midfielder, he nearly always drifts wide takes the ball down the line or cuts in early. Barkley was signed to play as a CAM because Grealish doesn’t play there

2 minutes ago, shut up said:

Mount plays as a CAM for you, that's what I was saying by 'centrally'.

Except during that argument exchange Mount was playing as a CM in a 433 under Lampard. 

Obviously Grealish isn't a CM, like Rice, Henderson, Bellingham etc...and i've never seen Mount there that much either, usually he's in front of Kante/Jorginho/Kovavic, or Rice, Henderson etc...

Mount literally played 1.5 seasons as a CM in a 433 under Lampard. 

but you also said Grealish is a LW, and wouldn't even accept he could play centrally at all xD

Because Grealish is a winger. An attacker that takes players on. He will find less of those opportunities at CAM and would look absolutely ridiculous as a#8 which you implied he could be better job there than an actual # 8 in Mount. 

5 minutes ago, shut up said:

Yeah, he usually drifts out to the LW and does his best work there, hence that is why I have him LW in my england line up

Unlike you, who has put him centrally...

Did you wake up feeling aggrieved today? xD

Yes I would put Grealish central if it meant Sterling was playing on the left....but if it is Grealish vs Mount then they can both play in their preferred positions

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Should Sterling even play? Given his form? At this point I'd play this. 

Pickford

Walker--Stones--Maguire--Shaw

Rice

----------------Mount

Sancho----Foden---Grealish

Kane

At this point I’d lean more to benching him, unless he suddenly finds form in the build up as a Raheem Sterling on form is unstoppable.

Archived