talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

England Squad - Euro 2020

football forum

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I remember one match he played there alongside Gini Wijnaldum. Some league cup match or some shite - he was rubbish there tbh.

Doesn't really matter anymore though, seeing as how Trent's been injured and they had him aimlessly walking around the pitch for a while, probably exacerbating whatever the injury was because the FA doesn't do competence.

Hopefully not serious but enough to keep him out of the Euro's and back for a full pre-season?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Hopefully not serious but enough to keep him out of the Euro's and back for a full pre-season?

That'd be nice, but my guess is if it's not too serious Southgate will probably keep him around the squad. And if it is serious, I don't think that's great for him getting to full fitness and form in pre-season.

Pretty shit all around, I wish Southgate decided not to take him.

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I reiterate that I hope Southgate gets AIDS and dies painfully.

Southgate just got updated during the post-match interview, with the scan complete - might be more towards 24 months now. 

Just now, Stan said:

Southgate just got updated during the post-match interview, with the scan complete - might be more towards 24 months now. 

I know you're full of shit because there's no way the FA hired a competent medical team

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I know you're full of shit because there's no way the FA hired a competent medical team

xDxD 

To be fair, even a competent one couldn't do a scan that quickly!

Seen a lot of line-ups where if we play a 3 man midfield they have Rice as holding rather than Phillips...Phillips has successfully pulled off that position for the last 2-3 years at Leeds now, however when I see Rice for West Ham he doesn't necessarily seem to play as a defensive mid but more as a box to box midfielder alongside the beast that is Soucek. Feel like it would be best to have Phillips sitting and let Rice get up and down the pitch

On 03/06/2021 at 18:55, Rick said:

Henderson will be next.

To get injured you'd have to play minutes, of which, he's played none.

Honestly, what is the point? He's clearly not fit.

He should be left at home to recover so he can get fit for his club and save himself for next year being a World Cup year.

It is such a waste of a spot. That's someone potentially 100% fit who is being denied their dream there.

Just now, Lucas said:

To get injured you'd have to play minutes, of which, he's played none.

Honestly, what is the point? He's clearly not fit.

He should be left at home to recover so he can get fit for his club and save himself for next year being a World Cup year.

Exactly this. I know he is a leader in the dressing room, but he really needs to think of his own career here and pull out. He’s not fit at all, hasn’t kicked a ball for fucking three months yet as soon as he is somewhat fit, Southgate is going to throw him in. 

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Batard said:

Ben White named as TAA replacement. Surprised by this. 

I'd have chosen Ward-Prowse or Lingard, personally. 

I guess you could say we don't need Lingaard as we have Foden and Grealish, though Grealish does drift left a lot he can still play CAM. Then we have Rice, Phillips, Mount and Bellingham for two central midfield spots (assuming Henderson doesn't get fit)...does Ward-Prowse really add anything to that? We're covered for injuries and he's not better than any of those players.

I think the real issue is that our defence is now relying on Conor Coady, Ben White and Tyrone Mings.

14 hours ago, The Premier Steve's said:

Just seen England could be at home in every game apart from the quarter finals. Absolutely no excuse not to do well.

There goes the integrity of the tournament. It's one thing when there is one host but this is just silly. It ends up giving Super League vibes where it seems rigged for the few.

19 hours ago, The Premier Steve's said:

Just seen England could be at home in every game apart from the quarter finals. Absolutely no excuse not to do well.

We need to win our group for that to happen and the reward for winning our group will be facing either France, Portugal or Germany in the last sixteen.

14 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

We need to win our group for that to happen and the reward for winning our group will be facing either France, Portugal or Germany in the last sixteen.

I really don't mind that.

To be perfectly frank, I think the only way we'd win this tournament is if we bagged a win against a big side in the early knockout rounds. We need to break the trend.

Just say we beat Portugal for example. The belief and confidence running through the team would sky rocket. It would give us a massive shot in the arm.

Generally speaking, we rarely beat a 'big opponent' when it counts in a major tournament. We just can't get over that hurdle.

Germany in '96, Argies in '98, Brazil in '02, Portugal in '04, Brazil in '06, Germany in 2010, Italy 2012 and debatabley Croatia '18.

If we beat a France, Germany or Portugal in the last 16, it's uncharted waters for us. Suddenly the game changes and there is a fear factor about this England side.

Archived