The better place to talk football.

Question a Member: Stan

football forum

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
9 hours ago, Tommy said:

How did you come up with the username Stan?
A nickname some of my family and friends use. First by my brother and it just stuck. We were playing Football Manager years ago with the quick commentary, and 'Sanli Tuncay' came up. My brother first thought it said Sunil (my real name), so for a while he'd call me Sanli, 'Stanli' and then Stan stuck. 

What's your favourite takeout food? 
I'm well aware it's unhealthy and overly expensive but once in a while you can't go wrong with a 'make your own' Dominos pizza with chicken strips and kickers combo.

Favourite German football team?
Probably Borussia Dortmund. There's one main reason - when we were younger we used to play football at my cousin's house, he had a BvB yellow/black ball so that's why xD

Having watched more of Bundesliga over the past decade (since being on TFF/here really) and having easy access to watching it on BT Sport, I've opened up to just enjoying the football as opposed to fully being behind Dortmund. I do respect the atmosphere conjured up by all fans at all grounds I see on TV (when fans were allowed), even down to the lower levels...

Have you ever been to Germany?
Nope - but the above question is one of the reasons why I desperately would like to. There's many stadiums I'd love to visit as well as just in general to the country. I realise it may be a while though in that football-watching situation so may make a few trips/long-weekends with the wife-to-be as flights are usually dirt cheap (hopefully that stays the same) to some places in Europe. 

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Danny said:

Do you miss Uxbridge with every fibre of your body?

I miss the Met Line going out of it mate :ph34r:

Haha in all seriousness there are some parts I miss to Uxbridge. I think I've been back once since I left there and it didn't seem to have changed much.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

I miss the Met Line going out of it mate :ph34r:

Haha in all seriousness there are some parts I miss to Uxbridge. I think I've been back once since I left there and it didn't seem to have changed much.

"Uxbridge" and "change" xD I used to hate going there, was always a level of depression that is very unique to Uxbridge lol.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Danny said:

"Uxbridge" and "change" xD I used to hate going there, was always a level of depression that is very unique to Uxbridge lol.

It was just very industrial and concrete wherever you looked. Even the uni itself was dated (from the outside of the buildings). 

Some office blocks nearby had bit of modern touch about them.

Maybe it's a sign that there's so many routes out nearby - Met Line, Piccadilly Line, M4, M40, M25, Heathrow...

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, Cazza said:

Please feel free to delete as appropriate/comfortable with. (It has been edited)

Favourite house hold chore.
Hoovering or ironing 

Pay on a first date or go dutch.
Pay. 

Limited overs or Test match or both
Test match

How many girls have you kissed
About 10 I think

Favourite colour.
Blue

Describe your perfect girlfriend
My fiancé. Someone who's caring, trustworthy, funny, loyal, respectful, hot, wants the same things in life

Have you ever gone commando.
Yes

Early riser of sleep in.
Try and sleep in but body clock always seems to be on early-rise mode...

Favourite other sports.
Cricket, Tennis, NFL, F1, Rugby

Do you take a teddy bear to bed with you.
Nope

Have you ever wore a onesie
Nope

Bad habits.
Clicking my fingers and toes, and other joints in my body

Long sleeves or short.
For shirts? Always long sleeves.

Do you sing when cooking.
Only if no-one can hear me. It's for the best.

Do you swear when driving.
I used to much more when I was a younger driver. Not so much these days.

Are you accident prone.
I don't think so.

What are your nicknames.
Stan, Neil

How many units of alcohol can you drink.
Quite a lot. I pay for it usually the next morning.

Favourite drink.
Spiced rum and coke

What do you feel most proud of?
Taking part as a volunteer at London 2012 Olympic Games

What do you want your tombstone to say?
I'll be cremated so won't have one.

What was one of your most defining moments in life?
Getting engaged.

What are you most afraid of?
Spiders

What feels like love to you?
See above for perfect girlfriend - someone who's honest and you want to spend the rest of your life with, through the highs and lows and have a family with.

What is your strongest personal quality?
To help others before myself

If you were president, what is the first thing you would do?
Bring in free health-care if it's not already in place.

If you could witness any event of the past, present, or future, what would it be?
Great question! I was going to say something that was invented but thinking about it a bit more, I'd have loved to witness the moon landings while physically being on the rocket/spaceship and seeing it unfold in front of me.

What car do you drive.
Vauxhall Corsa

Flowers or chocolates.
For myself? Chocolates. To give to others - flowers.

Favourite away ground
I've only been to a few but probably Everton's Goodison Park for where I've actually seen Leicester play. 

Have you ever watched AFL
Nope

What do you think of Australians
Got no issue with any of them. Not that I've met a lot, but ones I've interacted with on here are perfectly fine people. 

Have you ever been to Perth WA
Nope - my parents went at end of 2019/start of 2020 and visited there. They managed to watch Perth vs Hobart in Big Bash and loved the new stadium.

Ikea or traditional furniture.
Depends what room for - I don't mind Ikea.

How long do you take on the lavatory.
Longer than I should as I end up doing some social admin/scrolling Twitter or playing Words With Friends on there.

Favourite food.
Home-cooked Indian food.

Do you sleep naked or with PJ's.
Shorts and t-shirt. Just shorts in summer when it's too hot.

Do you know what Netflix and chill means.
Yes.

Wet shave or electric.
Electric

Night owl or early to bed.
Night owl. I can go to bed around 11pm/midnight and still get a good 8(ish) hours of sleep before starting work. 

• Subscriber
  • What did you like most about visiting India?
  • Whats something you've seen on holiday and thought that is just so bizarre and why would anyone do that?
  • Favorite type of Samosa?
  • Best song to ride into work with.
  • Situation: Leicester have given you a choice of the following: Club President, Groundsman, Head cook and your options are Deadlinesman, Dr. Gonzo and Storts. Who do you pick for which role?

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Mel81x said:
  • What did you like most about visiting India?
    • Seeing where my mum was born and her parents/grandparents lived. We also went to a very dilapidated house where my dad's grandparents/great-grandparents lived which apparently could have literally collapsed at any time, so it was cordoned off. But you could see in through the gap in the wall and there were very old photos of them. Sadly no-one was allowed at the time to go in so not sure if those photos were ever saved.
    • Visiting Gateway to India, Taj Mahal and Red Fort was pretty cool. I was only 10 at the time so I'd love to go back and visit it again and maybe have better memories of it.
    • Watching India vs England in Bangalore for one of the days of the Test match there was cool. My memory of what day we saw was sketchy as it was rain-affected but I definitely remember watching Sehwag and Tendulkar bat for bit.
  • Whats something you've seen on holiday and thought that is just so bizarre and why would anyone do that?
    • Went to LA/Mexico as part of a cruise holiday with my family. One of the places we stopped (can't remember if it was Puerto Vallerta or Acapulco) there was these kids diving off rockfaces in to the sea. Landing in the water literally metres away from massive boulders/rocks. Looked dangerous as fuck but they quite clearly do it for fun and know where to land and how to properly dive. But never seeing that before and remember thinking how the fuck.  
  • Favorite type of Samosa?
    • Has to be lamb keema! With peas and potatoes. Always (happily) make the error of devouring loads and then feeling stupidly bloated after!
  • Best song to ride into work with.
    • I work from home every day (even pre-COVID) so don't really have one! When I do head out on site/office I just stick whatever my Spotify playlist has to offer.
  • Situation: Leicester have given you a choice of the following: Club President, Groundsman, Head cook and your options are Deadlinesman, Dr. Gonzo and Storts. Who do you pick for which role?

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Hopefully progressed in my career, in my family home with wife and however many children (just 2 is the preference). 

Foodwise, Chinese or Indian?
Indian

Coke or Pepsi?
Coke

Citeh or United?
Leicester City :ph34r:

Manchester or Liverpool?
Only visited Manchester once and Liverpool twice and loved both, preferred Liverpool.

Dream Car?
Aston Martin DB9

iOS or Android?
Android all the way. Never had iPhone/IOS.

Hot or Cold?
Hot.

• Administrator
47 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Favourite British cricketer? 
Current is probably Ben Stokes; past/retired is probably Freddie Flintoff

Favourite Indian cricketer?
Current Virat Kohli; past Sachin Tendulkar

Favourite Australian cricketer? 
Current Glenn Maxwell; past Brett Lee as I met him once when they played in Northampton and he was a real gent. 

And same as above but for footballers... 

British Footballer - current Jamie Vardy; past Emily Heskey (obvious reasons for both)

Indian Footballer - I'll admit I don't know much about Indian football these days but Sunil Chhetri is still playing and has been for years.

Australian Footballer - don't really have a current favourite but retired has to be Tim Cahill - that volley he scored against Netherlands in WC2006 still one of my favourite goal of that type. Sensational volley on the biggest stage.

• Subscriber

Trying to think of one as whenever one of these question a member comes up Cazza seems to come up with them all in one great big hit xD

I will try this one, I know your parents have visited Scotland and if I can remember right you said they loved the time visiting here, so, have you ever been to the land of haggis and bagpipes or would you like to visit?

• Subscriber

What are your hobbies? What would you say is your most unusual/niche hobby or interest? 

Your favourite book(s)? Both fiction and non-fiction, preferably. 

What is the most adventurous thing you ever did? 

What new discoveries/inventions/technological advancements are you most looking for in your lifetime? 

What would you do for a living if your current job wasn't an option? 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Trying to think of one as whenever one of these question a member comes up Cazza seems to come up with them all in one great big hit xD

I will try this one, I know your parents have visited Scotland and if I can remember right you said they loved the time visiting here, so, have you ever been to the land of haggis and bagpipes or would you like to visit?

They certainly did love it.

I went in August 2018 for the Edinburgh Fringe Festival for a long weekend. Loved it there and managed to see a lot of acts, most of them stand-up but also some improv sets, too. Enjoyed a few whisky bars too...

Funnily enough I saw a picture of Victoria Street covered in snow this morning and it brought back a recollection of taking in how beautiful that street is - a lot of character as it curves round! 

I'd love to go back when there's not so many people around. Looks a beautiful city to explore even more. 

• Administrator
49 minutes ago, nudge said:

What are your hobbies? What would you say is your most unusual/niche hobby or interest? 
Watching comedies, playing football (when out of lockdown), watching football and sport, pub quizzes, travelling (when allowed), playing word games, learning about space/watching space documentaries

Your favourite book(s)? Both fiction and non-fiction, preferably. 
I don't read much, but when I do it's usually autobiographies. Favourite one I've read so far is Muhammad Ali's quite a few years back.

My fiancé got me Susie Dent's 'Word Perfect' book for Christmas and that's a fun read.

What is the most adventurous thing you ever did? 
White-water rafting in France on a trip there with a friend and his family while at school. Can't describe the feeling you have as you all try to avert several rocks as you approach them at what feels like warp speed. Then getting back to calmer waters and wondering how you survived.

What new discoveries/inventions/technological advancements are you most looking for in your lifetime? 
I know they're around now but 'driverless' cars in the mainstream would be interesting; it makes me wonder how much more autonomous life will become and what else will it lead to - pilot-less planes? 

In terms of discoveries, space programmes on objects in the universe seem to be more frequent nowadays (or maybe I'm just taking more of an interest?) - begs the question on what they'll find on Mars and when (not if) will they be able to reach other planets and explore those. Perhaps that goes beyond my lifetime but technology is advancing at a rapid rate, so who knows...

What would you do for a living if your current job wasn't an option?
Definitely something people-based - I've had a few years of sitting at a desk in a past job purely based around Excel and finance systems. And it was not fun at all. If I had another job, it has to be customer-facing/customer-oriented but physically interacting with them. The challenge of everyday (or most days) being different and meeting different people. Unless I had to, I just can't do an 'office' job again after how much I enjoy doing my current job. 

• Subscriber
  • What do you think Leicester need to win another league title?
  • Behenchod and Madarchod get in a fight. Who wins?
  • What in football is so broken that you'll never see it fixed in your lifetime?
  • Best International football kit (any time) - Pic please
  • Best club football kit (any time) - Pic Please

• Administrator
55 minutes ago, Mel81x said:
  • What do you think Leicester need to win another league title?
    • A reliable striker other than Jamie Vardy. A consistent squad free of major injuries throughout the season. Better quality in the wing positions (mainly right wing).
  • Behenchod and Madarchod get in a fight. Who wins?
    • Madarchod will always reign supreme. Can't mess with a queen.
  • What in football is so broken that you'll never see it fixed in your lifetime?
    • Money. Clubs at the top have too much. Clubs at the bottom have very little, but fight on. Fundamental flaws in the system and ownership of some clubs.
  • Best International football kit (any time) - Pic please
    • Weirdly enough I was chatting about this to a friend at work and what they/we rate as the best. We couldn't settle on just one, but these were the 3 we ended up narrowing it down to...
      Holland 1988
      Retro-Netherlands-Home-Football-Shirt-19

England 1982
      smMOsgddv0bs0RCPy_-izXc43wm6QFPjho6MYZOz

Germany 1990
      3_8bc9d368-18f0-40ca-bfdd-666937ded458_1
  • Best club football kit (any time) - Pic Please
    • Similar to above, couldn't narrow it down to just 1!
      Inter Milan 1998 - iconic by player, iconic by design...
      RONALDO-INTER-scaled-e1589824647176.jpg

The whole late 90s era for Italian kits was just sublime, really. This was synonymous of it, I think...
      9_a4c6eb5a-c682-4028-937a-fcf616c345dd_1

Barcelona 1999
      b05075fa7bf89dfacad4b76b4262b8ab.jpg

• The topic was locked

Archived