The better place to talk football.

Question a Member: Stan

football forum

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stan said:

Personal preference! 

Haha they’re not bad, I just am not a fan of the two Italian ones. Ronaldo is iconic in an inter shirt  though, you’re right! 

Do you think you’ll ever leave this forum? Or would it take a sad turn of events of it not existing for you to stop posting?

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Do you think you’ll ever leave this forum? Or would it take a sad turn of events of it not existing for you to stop posting?

Probably sooner than you/anyone thinks. 

I go through phases on here sometimes thinking what is the point. Not that I'm obliged to stick around or do anything for anyone here but this community here is unique, so it's nice to stick around. But I wonder how long that feeling will last.

I know we can all be quite tribal at times but I think some people on here have a sheer disrespect for other members and are just downright rude, more so to others than some and I just find it quite disheartening. I've tried to make a concerted effort to reign it in sometimes and while not always successful, gotta be better. It's a bit of a vice but I have to detach myself at times. 

So I think sooner rather than later you'll see less of me. Whenever that happens I hope for anyone continuing to post can do so and that this forum does carry on existing. 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Probably sooner than you/anyone thinks. 

I go through phases on here sometimes thinking what is the point. Not that I'm obliged to stick around or do anything for anyone here but this community here is unique, so it's nice to stick around. But I wonder how long that feeling will last.

I know we can all be quite tribal at times but I think some people on here have a sheer disrespect for other members and are just downright rude, more so to others than some and I just find it quite disheartening. I've tried to make a concerted effort to reign it in sometimes and while not always successful, gotta be better. It's a bit of a vice but I have to detach myself at times. 

So I think sooner rather than later you'll see less of me. Whenever that happens I hope for anyone continuing to post can do so and that this forum does carry on existing. 

Not the response I was expecting. 

But can understand...

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Not the response I was expecting. 

But can understand...

What was the answer you expected :P

I'll probably carry on with the less intense stuff (Predictions Leagues and the games) but given I'm getting married this year and will have kids, hopefully, in the not too distant future too, that will just add to the time in life away from here...

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Stan said:

What was the answer you expected :P

I'll probably carry on with the less intense stuff (Predictions Leagues and the games) but given I'm getting married this year and will have kids, hopefully, in the not too distant future too, that will just add to the time in life away from here...

I have always said health & family comes before football and forums so I like that response above, once you do get married and have kiddies that will make you happier, the joy in life to me was getting married, the wife giving me a son & daughter who in turn gave us 3 lovely grandsons and watching them all grow up so the responsibility of being a good husband and father beats all I mentioned above. :)

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

I have always said health & family comes before football and forums so I like that response above, once you do get married and have kiddies that will make you happier, the joy in life to me was getting married, the wife giving me a son & daughter who in turn gave us 3 lovely grandsons and watching them all grow up so the responsibility of being a good husband and father beats all I mentioned above. :)

I'll end up on the forum at about 3am each morning when the kids get put to sleep for like the 3rd time xD

• The topic was locked

Archived