talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jack Grealish - Where Would You Like to See Him Play?

Assuming he leaves Villa....though if they end up finishing 6th he probably stays.

I was unsure on how big a player Grealish could be but he's just taken strides and strides forward, so unusual to see a player like him these days too.

United would be a good move for him as they are screaming out for a creator, I don't know who said it but someone recently mentioned how United's forwards Rashford, Greenwood, Martial and Fernandes too are all goalscorers first, where as someone like Grealish would exploit space out wide, hit the byline and would essentially be a perfect heir to that #7 shirt. He would make United an interesting side to watch whereas at the moment it just seems to be a non-descript tactical effort that ends up in Fernandes and Rashford firing on goal.

Personally though I'd love to see Grealish at City, under Pep he'd get so much better. Grealish and Sterling on that left handside together, inverted runs and overlaps, they'd give defenders nightmares. Then having the likes of Mahrez, Silva and Foden (t's and c's apply, thoughts of @DeadLinesman do not) on the right would almost create a dreamteam.

• The title was changed to Jack Grealish - Where Would You Like to See Him Play?
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

If Mourinho wasn't at Spurs and they had a bit of a more progressive, entertaining manager then I think he'd fit perfectly there - Son, Kane, Grealish would be a very quick and attacking trio. Pep might just buy him for fun and worsen their net spend figures just to other clubs can't get him :ph34r:

But I hope he stays at Villa. Given the example of where we've got ourselves, I can't stand the way the media try to sell our players to the big six as if that's the pinnacle of English football. Recent seasons have shown that's not the case. 

It's about time that kind of thing stops and more non-big-6 sides try and break the proverbial glass ceiling and don't just sell all their best players to those sides to try and achieve that. Villa have been considerably better than a few of those 'big 6' this season.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

If Mourinho wasn't at Spurs and they had a bit of a more progressive, entertaining manager then I think he'd fit perfectly there - Son, Kane, Grealish would be a very quick and attacking trio. Pep might just buy him for fun and worsen their net spend figures just to other clubs can't get him :ph34r:

But I hope he stays at Villa. Given the example of where we've got ourselves, I can't stand the way the media try to sell our players to the big six as if that's the pinnacle of English football. Recent seasons have shown that's not the case. 

It's about time that kind of thing stops and more non-big-6 sides try and break the proverbial glass ceiling and don't just sell all their best players to those sides to try and achieve that. Villa have been considerably better than a few of those 'big 6' this season.

It's been refreshing to see Spurs consistently break through and now you, you're yet to consistently hit the heights Spurs have but obviously you won a title and then dropped off. The longer you keep Maddison the better, I don't know how you replace Vardy though, but being a Bees fan and seeing our best players go all the time, I'm sure you will with your recruitment.

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Danny said:

It's been refreshing to see Spurs consistently break through and now you, you're yet to consistently hit the heights Spurs have but obviously you won a title and then dropped off. The longer you keep Maddison the better, I don't know how you replace Vardy though, but being a Bees fan and seeing our best players go all the time, I'm sure you will with your recruitment.

I think we could build a team around the likes of Maddison & Tielemans.

If Villa were still in the Championship (or not doing as well as they are) and Grealish was still performing to this standard, I reckon we'd have tried to get him in. 

I think we were in for Watkins in summer and was one player I'd have liked to see as a sort of understudy to Vardy. Grealish has been quality for Villa but having a proper decent striker ahead of him has also helped. Dean Smith has recruited well in summer after last season's close battle avoiding relegation. 

Anyone we do sign though needs to be given patience and time to fill Vardy's boots. There's probably not any other affordable striker in the world who can come in and just start banging them in like he does.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think we could build a team around the likes of Maddison & Tielemans.

If Villa were still in the Championship (or not doing as well as they are) and Grealish was still performing to this standard, I reckon we'd have tried to get him in. 

I think we were in for Watkins in summer and was one player I'd have liked to see as a sort of understudy to Vardy. Grealish has been quality for Villa but having a proper decent striker ahead of him has also helped. Dean Smith has recruited well in summer after last season's close battle avoiding relegation. 

Anyone we do sign though needs to be given patience and time to fill Vardy's boots. There's probably not any other affordable striker in the world who can come in and just start banging them in like he does.

Yeah Watkins was never going to be playing understudy, but he'd be a good signing.

I think Villa have the spine of a good team now, Martinez in goal, Konsa/Mings, McGinn in midfield and then Grealish and Watkins knocking about. If they get Barkley on a permeant deal then that's a solid midfield for them to go out and maybe buy another attacking player.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Which is why they’re only above Arsenal and below the others.........

Performance-wise, Phill. 

Wasn't long ago they were above Chelsea before Lampard was sacked.

55 minutes ago, Rick said:

If Mane was to leave us for some reason, I would like him here. 

I feel like he goes against the current system, obviously Mane can create but it's mainly him and Salah working off of Firminho. Feel like Grealish and Firminho would require you to have a secondary main goalscorer elsewhere, or would require you replacing Firminho to bring in a goalscorer

1 hour ago, Danny said:

I feel like he goes against the current system, obviously Mane can create but it's mainly him and Salah working off of Firminho. Feel like Grealish and Firminho would require you to have a secondary main goalscorer elsewhere, or would require you replacing Firminho to bring in a goalscorer

Well, I’m look at it as having Jota as that main goalscorer over Firmino. 

It has to be Man City for me. With all those world class stars around him, I think that Grealish would thrive in their midfield. He would be an extra lethal weapon in the Man City team. Moreover, he would clearly improve as a player, by moving up a step to a much stronger team than Villa(with all due respect to the Midlands club).

Think he'd do well at any of the top clubs in the league although I can't see where he'd go after signing that extension. I think he has priced himself out of a move like Zaha did, but Villa have shown to be willing to spend and it is his boyhood club so maybe he is just happy to stay. 

11 hours ago, Danny said:

Personally though I'd love to see Grealish at City, under Pep he'd get so much better. Grealish and Sterling on that left handside together, inverted runs and overlaps, they'd give defenders nightmares. Then having the likes of Mahrez, Silva and Foden  on the right would almost create a dreamteam.

Don't forget Torres too ;)  ..we have scouted Jack a lot, wouldn't surprise me if went for him this summer

The stars have all aligned for Villa with Coronavirus, same goes for the likes of West Ham with Rice, I can’t see the bigger clubs looking to splash out on one player to such an extent, Chelsea was an exception since they stockpiled during their transfer ban, you can’t say the same for others.

Archived