• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester City 3-1 Liverpool - Saturday 13th February, 2021

football forum

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

The problem is throwing "Fuck me" and "xD" at the end of every response whenever someone disagrees as if their opinion is laughable. If it's not an attempt to shut out any debate against your opinion by painting the opposite as absurd then it certainly comes across that way to other people. There was a debate in pre-season where Rick and others were a bit uncomfortable with the lack of depth in Liverpool's squad going into the season. This was a reasonable viewpoint, so was the viewpoint that Liverpool have been fine so far so they'll be fine again and that you should have faith that the manager knows what he's doing. Neither side was being absurd at the time but there was some attempt from the "every decision Klopp makes is automatically always right" side of the argument to make out that the other side were being ridiculous. "This isn't Football Manager" and "We can't go and spend £250m a summer like Man City" when nobody said either of those things. It's pretty evident at this point of the season that all of the concerns expressed were legitimate. Perhaps some humble pie might be a bit better this time around. You can acknowledge that Thiago has offered very little over the last few games without writing him off as a player completely, isn't it?

17 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Posts have been hidden. Guilty as charged for being part a part of it. We need to move on from this. 

I still think it's best if I'm removed tbh. I'm finding myself disagreeing with more and more that's been said on here and I'm certainly not an asset to the forum in any shape, way or form. In fact I'm playing my part in dragging it down in most cases.

Yeah, I definitely think it's best for all concerned if I was fucked off completely.

10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I still think it's best if I'm removed tbh. I'm finding myself disagreeing with more and more that's been said on here and I'm certainly not an asset to the forum in any shape, way or form. In fact I'm playing my part in dragging it down in most cases.

Yeah, I definitely think it's best for all concerned if I was fucked off completely.

You take the result today badly?

37 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Mate, tempers get heated and we all tell each other to fuck off from time to time. Hell, I’m one of the moodiest cunts on here. Contrary to popular belief of some (not you), we don’t just hand out bans if someone asks for one. You’ve got to do something to warrant a ban. Arguing with me and whoever else just isn’t that. You’ve got the power in your hands not to log on if you don’t want to be on the community. Nobody wants you to go; the forum has its characters and everybody contributes in some way, shape or form.

Apologies for my lack of etiquette before. I give as good as I get, but yeah, as a Mod I should use more tact. 

53 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

You’re allowed to have different opinions though mate.

16 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Mate, tempers get heated and we all tell each other to fuck off from time to time. Hell, I’m one of the moodiest cunts on here. Contrary to popular belief of some (not you), we don’t just hand out bans if someone asks for one. You’ve got to do something to warrant a ban. Arguing with me and whoever else just isn’t that. You’ve got the power in your hands not to log on if you don’t want to be on the community. Nobody wants you to go; the forum has its characters and everybody contributes in some way, shape or form.

Apologies for my lack of etiquette before. I give as good as I get, but yeah, as a Mod I should use more tact. 

It's not you buddy, it's me. Just feeling that way out recently. A break away is probably best for all concerned. 

@LFCMadLad me and you have had plenty of run ins on here, but I wouldn’t want to see you stop postings mate. Stick around, if you feel you need a little break then take a few days out but don’t be leaving permanently pal. 

As for the game, what can you say? Another collapse from us. I’m enraged at Thiago for another stupid bit of decision making to give away the free kick, he really has done more bad than good so far, always giving away stupid fouls. Sooner Henderson is in that midfield the better, because Thiago doesn’t have the tact to be the enforcer and he’s not offering much of anything else at the moment. 

I would like to think Allison has given Kabak a shout, but you just don’t know with how his head is after last Sunday. Either way, it was an embarrassing balls up and it just destroyed Kabak’s focus which led to a very shit third goal. 

Infuriating to lose after dominating for 75 minutes, but it’s another case of us not doing enough to get the ball in the back of the net. Shame we have nothing on the bench because Mane needs dropped, he has been awful. Very fucking disappointed, to the point of rage. Hoping for a better week coming but I think there’s just going to be more misery in the next two fixtures. That Leipzig counter attack against us atm....Urgh. 

Just now, LFCMike said:

I've seen a few criticising Thiago for the free kick incident. Not sure he does a lot wrong tbh. One of them where the attacker initiates the very little contact.

He unnecessarily puts his foot in though, in a very precarious position. Even if the attacker initiates some of the contact, Thiago shouldn’t be stupid enough to put himself in that position. It’s no wonder Henderson was giving him a bollocking. 

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

He unnecessarily puts his foot in though, in a very precarious position. Even if the attacker initiates some of the contact, Thiago shouldn’t be stupid enough to put himself in that position. It’s no wonder Henderson was giving him a bollocking. 

I suppose he can't win in that situation. If Barnes skips inside TAA unchallenged then people would be wondering why Thiago hasn't helped TAA out

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I suppose he can't win in that situation. If Barnes skips inside TAA unchallenged then people would be wondering why Thiago hasn't helped TAA out

By all means go and help Trent out, but to go shoulder to shoulder with him and put a foot in like that wasn’t the way to do it. Better communication to force Barnes out onto his left, instead of waiting until he wants to cut through before doing anything. It was shit from both him and Trent, but he is the one who put his foot in. 

But I’m not pinning the loss on Thiago, he made a mistake but so did others. Complete capitulation from the whole team in the last 15. 

• Administrator

Only just seen some of these posts,  thought I'd have my say :ay:

6 hours ago, Cicero said:

Salah doing what he does best 

6 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

That's a pen xD

The Pereira incident? McManaman was adamant there was a foul by Pereira. Personally, I saw no contact :what:

6 hours ago, Cicero said:

What a save 

From Firmino?

An unreal save to have that strong a hand and get it away from danger. As quality as it was, what annoyed me was the next part where the refs should have blown for offside at that point (think it was Henderson?). 

6 hours ago, God is Haaland said:

How are Liverpool not leading by 4 goals by now?

Should have been. Having said that, Vardy had his chances, too...

6 hours ago, Dan said:

Beyond bad from us so far, still got the mental block.

The passing was atrocious. We just could not handle the press. Exactly like Leeds played, and executed. Press our defence and midfield intensely and we do seem to be like a rabbit in headlights. Leeds seemed to be comfortable to sit deeper though and nowhere near as high a line as Liverpool today. 

6 hours ago, Dan said:

Grew into that a bit at the end of that half. We haven't looked after the ball at all well here so far, I think Liverpool's game just perfectly stifles ours.

Ironically as much as we had been pressured, we could/should have been ahead with Vardy's chances. The one that hit the bar I was certain he would score. And when he tapped it against Alisson's legs he should be doing better.

6 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

Finish could've been better but I think Schmeichel does well for that Salah one-on-one where he tried to dink it over him with his right

Agreed. Minor point but think we were unfortunate not to get the free-kick for Mane's tackle on Amartey. Anywhere else on the pitch that's a late tackle and usually is blown for.

6 hours ago, God is Haaland said:

Leicester looked much better towards the end of the 2nd half, so there's a bit of hope left.

Agreed.

6 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Liverpool have been decent so far. Salah and Mane looking dangerous, just need a bit more quality or for it to bounce for them in and around the area. 12 months ago you'd just know that Liverpool will go into win this reasonably comfortably at this stage but I just don't know now.

It was just over 12 months ago it was 0-0 at HT, in a game you should have been leading, and you end up winning 4-0. The mentality of both sides has changed dramatically. 12 months ago, against you or not, I don't think we come out winning this kind of game. We stick at it even more now, really dig in and try and stay in games. To your credit, we could have been down and out because you should have been 3-0 up at least by the time you eventually scored. Even after you did score, I'd have never envisaged us winning the game.

5 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

He's been off the boil for large parts this season, but Bobby Firmino's still got that bit of magic in him. I just love him when he's in that mood

I thought he was one of your better players today, off the ball. Dropped in to midfield, put the pressure on Tielemans and made him struggle (so many other sides have failed).

The assist was superb. So quick on his feet and not only that, 4 of our players dragged to him for a lay-off to Salah. 

Jones I thought was very good too (why did he come off?!). He was doing so well in midfield in containing us and pressuring. Surprised he was subbed. Oxlade-Chamberlain wasn't anywhere near effective.

5 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

How hard was that for Leicester to eventually be allowed to score. Wow.

They’ve been the best team by far, hopefully they go on and win this now. 1-1 is the least they deserve.

If you're genuine about that then fair play but I'm not sure about best team! We managed their front 3 well in the end (apart from the goal). Thought Soyuncu and Ndidi were unreal. Don't think Ndidi is getting enough love in the thread to be fair xD (apart from @Storts). 

19 minutes ago, Stan said:

The Pereira incident? McManaman was adamant there was a foul by Pereira. Personally, I saw no contact :what:

Not sure which Leicester player it was so maybe, but Salah gets the ball on the right hand corner of the penalty area, moves it past the defender, feels contact, and goes down. I don't want that to be a penalty, but it's been well established this season that contact + player going down = penalty, so why aren't we getting it? Glossed over in commentary and not mentioned in the studio as well. Because of the Liverpool media bias

Agreed. Minor point but think we were unfortunate not to get the free-kick for Mane's tackle on Amartey. Anywhere else on the pitch that's a late tackle and usually is blown for.

I mean it wasn't late because Mane got the ball, hence the goal kick, but yeah some referees probably would've given it and a yellow card.

I thought he was one of your better players today, off the ball. Dropped in to midfield, put the pressure on Tielemans and made him struggle (so many other sides have failed).

The assist was superb. So quick on his feet and not only that, 4 of our players dragged to him for a lay-off to Salah. 

Jones I thought was very good too (why did he come off?!). He was doing so well in midfield in containing us and pressuring. Surprised he was subbed. Oxlade-Chamberlain wasn't anywhere near effective.

Saw something on Twitter saying that in the last 2 games, we've conceded three goals (in each game; 6 total) in the 15 minutes after Jones has been taken off.

Chamberlain doesn't belong in this team. Bored of him now. I think he could be good somewhere else, but he'd have to take a step down from Liverpool so I don't know if he wants to do that.

• Administrator
Just now, Burning Gold said:

Not sure which Leicester player it was so maybe, but Salah gets the ball on the right hand corner of the penalty area, moves it past the defender, feels contact, and goes down. I don't want that to be a penalty, but it's been well established this season that contact + player going down = penalty, so why aren't we getting it? Glossed over in commentary and not mentioned in the studio as well. Because of the Liverpool media bias

Don't start with the Liverpool media bias narrative please?! 

You have McManaman on the co-commentary doing all your BT Games xDxD. And Carragher on Sky for all your games...

It wasn't glossed over in commentary either considering he mentioned it. Maybe it wasn't mentioned because there wasn't contact - I genuinely didn't see any, even on the replay.

3 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Saw something on Twitter saying that in the last 2 games, we've conceded three goals (in each game; 6 total) in the 15 minutes after Jones has been taken off.

That's quite telling. He didn't even look tired or injured. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

I don't want that to be a penalty, but it's been well established this season that contact + player going down = penalty

Really? I don't think this is true.

I can see why Liverpool fans might think this is established though (sorry couldn't resist :ph34r:).

What does happen often though is that when a player gets a certain reputation then referees subconsciously let that sway them on marginal decisions. Salah dived big time for a penalty last week. In my opinion, he was impeded by Dias, some people were saying it wasn't enough to be a foul. Either way, he threw himself down. Salah is a bad diver as well, not in the sense that he does it all the time, but in the sense that he has one diving technique, the 50 cal. bullet to the lower spine technique. Other players have an ability to make it look more natural when they essentially do the same thing but it looks less egregious and then gets talked about less.

If you're Mo Salah and you've decided that you need to exaggerate contact like last week to get a penalty in a high profile game then fine, you're far from the only one who will do that, but it's a calculated risk. It guarantees that he gets the penalty against Man City but a week later he's less likely to get another one.

The referees shouldn't allow themselves to be influenced by factors like this but it happens to everyone, they're only human. That said, I don't think the incident today was a penalty. Have we seen worse given this season? The odd one, perhaps, but I don't think we're seeing those given every weekend just yet.

As for the Liverpool media bias stuff, I do think we'd have heard more about the dive for last week's penalty if it was Zaha, Vardy, Sterling, Richarlison, etc. Can't prove it either way though. I was watching American commentary today (thank the lord for a day off from McManaman) and I thought they assessed the penalty claim pretty fairly. Contact but nowhere near enough really.

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, Stan said:

The passing was atrocious. We just could not handle the press. Exactly like Leeds played, and executed. Press our defence and midfield intensely and we do seem to be like a rabbit in headlights. Leeds seemed to be comfortable to sit deeper though and nowhere near as high a line as Liverpool today. 

I do think a lot of it felt like the game plan - sit back, condense the space between our midfield and defence and just try and hit Vardy and Barnes with long balls, problem is the execution was largely dire for large parts. I do think we were fortunate to win today, but I suppose for actual clear cut chances we had the most that I can remember. Liverpool for all of their possession didn't actually create all that much to my memory - though their goal was superb.

• Subscriber
41 minutes ago, Stan said:

Only just seen some of these posts,  thought I'd have my say :ay:

From Firmino?

An unreal save to have that strong a hand and get it away from danger. As quality as it was, what annoyed me was the next part where the refs should have blown for offside at that point (think it was Henderson?). 

Should have been. Having said that, Vardy had his chances, too...

Ironically as much as we had been pressured, we could/should have been ahead with Vardy's chances. The one that hit the bar I was certain he would score. And when he tapped it against Alisson's legs he should be doing better.

Agreed.

It was just over 12 months ago it was 0-0 at HT, in a game you should have been leading, and you end up winning 4-0. The mentality of both sides has changed dramatically. 12 months ago, against you or not, I don't think we come out winning this kind of game. We stick at it even more now, really dig in and try and stay in games. To your credit, we could have been down and out because you should have been 3-0 up at least by the time you eventually scored. Even after you did score, I'd have never envisaged us winning the game.

If you're genuine about that then fair play but I'm not sure about best team! We managed their front 3 well in the end (apart from the goal). Thought Soyuncu and Ndidi were unreal. Don't think Ndidi is getting enough love in the thread to be fair xD (apart from @Storts). 

28 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Josh was clearly watching a different gamexD

Hahaha just bored and a very poor attempt at trolling the trolls.

I got my coat and left soon after!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived