The better place to talk football.

West Brom 1-1 Man Utd - Sunday 14th February, 2021

football forum

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
22 minutes ago, Dan said:

Never known bias like what commentators show towards Rashford. Genuinely reckon he could blaze an open goal over from 5 yards and they would praise his technique.

Glenn Hoddle and any Spurs player mate. Remember when he said Harry Kane missed a penalty and he labelled it a 'good miss'. Literally no other player gets that kind of comment for missing a penalty xD 

• The title was changed to West Brom 1-1 Man Utd - Sunday 14th February, 2021
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Glenn Hoddle and any Spurs player mate. Remember when he said Harry Kane missed a penalty and he labelled it a 'good miss'. Literally no other player gets that kind of comment for missing a penalty xD 

Yeah I about spat my drink out at that one. Having blatantly quite passionate fans of clubs commentating is boring. It's become more and more like Fanzone.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

He didn't turn up in small matches.

And that's it for me, the final piece in the jigsaw that is United no longer being a top team. 

A Palace fan ripping the shit out of us.... 

Pal I take my hat off to you, it made me laugh. 😂👍🏻

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Imagine prime Drogba against Maguire and Lindelof. 

Dunno why this quoted after the quote above but it did so this post is actually it's prequel. 

Imagine a prime Marcus Bent against Maguire and Lindelof, never mind Drogba, this pair would give Laurel and Hardy a run for the funniest double act award. 

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Amazing how our ex keepers turn into peak Neuer against us. Cunts.

To be fair to the lad he's been their best player all season, I know that's not really difficult to imagine given he's been kept busy but he's been brilliant. 

50 minutes ago, Devil said:

To be fair to the lad he's been their best player all season, I know that's not really difficult to imagine given he's been kept busy but he's been brilliant. 

You tend to look great when getting peppered though. Happened with keepers like Scott Carson, Tom Heaton and Ben Foster. It was funny because we didn’t actually create that much. Maguire whinging about teams not getting 10+ chances at West Brom.........

7635C3A9-150A-4E0A-8428-9D0A51196C70.jpeg

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

You tend to look great when getting peppered though. Happened with keepers like Scott Carson, Tom Heaton and Ben Foster. It was funny because we didn’t actually create that much. Maguire whinging about teams not getting 10+ chances at West Brom.........

7635C3A9-150A-4E0A-8428-9D0A51196C70.jpeg

We were poor today, we didn't even turn up for the first 44 minutes of the match. 

Thats Sheff United, Everton and West Brom. All terrible points dropped, if you're gonna be taken serious for titles next season 9 points needed from teams of a similar level. 

Martial, Fred, AWB, Maguire, Lindelof and Cavani... All pretty average today or not even in the game. 

Rashford is now trying too hard and is twisting himself into the ground and Fernandes plays like a man carrying a whole club on his shoulders. I'm afraid it's too much burden for one man, we need more soldiers to step up and take control. 

One player I'm really disappointed in myself is Donny Van Der Cleverley, Rashford tried to take three men on by himself when he could have Layed the ball to DVB and the Dutch kid gingerly jogged back to give him space but didn't demand the ball. He's looking like 40 million for a mentally weak player to me. 

3 hours ago, Devil said:

We were poor today, we didn't even turn up for the first 44 minutes of the match. 

Thats Sheff United, Everton and West Brom. All terrible points dropped, if you're gonna be taken serious for titles next season 9 points needed from teams of a similar level. 

Martial, Fred, AWB, Maguire, Lindelof and Cavani... All pretty average today or not even in the game. 

Rashford is now trying too hard and is twisting himself into the ground and Fernandes plays like a man carrying a whole club on his shoulders. I'm afraid it's too much burden for one man, we need more soldiers to step up and take control. 

One player I'm really disappointed in myself is Donny Van Der Cleverley, Rashford tried to take three men on by himself when he could have Layed the ball to DVB and the Dutch kid gingerly jogged back to give him space but didn't demand the ball. He's looking like 40 million for a mentally weak player to me. 

I don't think that's necessarily fair to call a young lad like that mentally weak when he's played for a club like Ajax who are expected to walk away with all their domestic honours each season.

Of course, I don't see behind the scenes and maybe he's not showing enough fight in training to warrant it but it felt like a panic buy from day dot trying to fit him into your team and he's hardly been given a fair crack of the whip, especially being brought on sporadically for a few mins here and there in the league.

I mean, he had 11mins today at the end. Eleven. Before that, he had 7mins at Sheff Utd 4 games ago and 19mins against us 12 games ago. The lad's career has been ruined before it's had chance to flourish.

He needs to go I think, best for all parties, especially as you have had McTominay emerge now too.

29 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I don't think that's necessarily fair to call a young lad like that mentally weak when he's played for a club like Ajax who are expected to walk away with all their domestic honours each season.

Of course, I don't see behind the scenes and maybe he's not showing enough fight in training to warrant it but it felt like a panic buy from day dot trying to fit him into your team and he's hardly been given a fair crack of the whip, especially being brought on sporadically for a few mins here and there in the league.

I mean, he had 11mins today at the end. Eleven. Before that, he had 7mins at Sheff Utd 4 games ago and 19mins against us 12 games ago. The lad's career has been ruined before it's had chance to flourish.

He needs to go I think, best for all parties, especially as you have had McTominay emerge now too.

To be fair he was actually bought to compete with Bruno, the idea is to have several top players for each position. 

Donny hasn't shown anything close to the level needed to fill in and allow him a rest here and there. 

He's been given several starts and when given a chance he's often been withdrawn on the 60th to 70th minute. 

Now I know a player can develop, Fred has developed but given his fee he's not looked anywhere near the standard needed. 

Personally though I don't think you should give up on a player and given his high regarding with Ajax and their national team he clearly has something in there, whether we see that is the question though and that's why I question his mental weekness. 

He has often looked relieved to have been withdrawn which is my biggest concern. 

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Devil said:

One player I'm really disappointed in myself is Donny Van Der

I don't think Ole wanted him and that was just a 'Woody Woodpecker' buy to make United look good in the transfer market that's why Ole never plays him. :coffee:

• The topic was unpinned
1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

I don't think Ole wanted him and that was just a 'Woody Woodpecker' buy to make United look good in the transfer market that's why Ole never plays him. :coffee:

Come on mate, you don't honestly think Woody Woodpecker (I like that by the way) has any sort of influence on the players we buy other than brokering the deal. 

Van Der Beek looked fantastic for Ajax whenever I watched him play but moving to a new country, a new way of life and new brand of football can be difficult for some, what you've got to remember he'd been at Ajax all his playing life and he felt comfortable there. People can be extremely shy and nervous whenever they start any new job and it can take them months and in some cases years to actually come out of their shell. 

I'd say this could easily effect performance levels, if you read back on Sir Alex he actually got rid of Kleberson because he didn't fit in with the group, he made himself lonely due to him being quiet and that's why he attributes his failure at the club. Hopefully things aren't that drastic with Van Der Beek but at the current time to me he's just looking lost and lacking the confidence to go and express himself. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Devil said:

Come on mate, you don't honestly think Woody Woodpecker (I like that by the way) has any sort of influence on the players we buy other than brokering the deal.

Yes I do buddy, I think Woody Woodpecker is a Glazer man (Yes Sirs, No Sirs, 3 bag fulls Sirs) and he has a say over Ole what Ole wants and what he gets, Fergie would have told Woody to fuck off and I will tell you what I want, Ole would just give a little gnome grin and nod his head, that's my opinion anyway and others may differ. :D

Archived