talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Barcelona 1-4 PSG - Tuesday 16th February, 2021 (1st Leg)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

It was a bit of a hyperbole, but I think Lille, Leicester and Ajax, for example, are good sides that could face PSG.

Dont think they are better though mate. 

I wasn't in the mood to watch any football today, but Barcelona need a long hard look at themselves. I still don't disagree with them letting Suarez go but they didn't replace him properly. Now it literally is Messi and 10 more players.

7 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Leicester and Ajax definitely aren't but I think a fair case can be made for Lille who have a good squad and are 1st in France.

They may be but I'm sure PSG will overtake them. 

1 minute ago, Mpache said:

The point is over a 2 legged tie they can beat them. I'm not sure I can say the same for Leicester or Ajax, with all due respect to both sides.

I'd certainly put PSG as favourites though. The point though was which team is better. I'm sure PSG are.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

We'd absolutely smash PSG. 

Even Wes Morgan could keep up with Mbappe. 

I think if your side is fully fit and in form, you’d absolutely give them a game and I could see Leicester going through after 2 legs.

Obviously with your left back out for the whole season now.... probably not going to be fully fit this season. But also you’re not going to be playing PSG this season, but maybe next season. Cos I think you’re a cert for top 4 this year.

I’d imagine Leicester are one of the stronger Europa League squads. In England they can give any club a game - there’s no reason they couldn’t in Europe as well.

9 hours ago, El Profesor said:

So, is De Jong a victim of an unbalanced team or is he overrated? 🤔

Judging off seeing Van De Beek at United I'd be inclined to suggest he is slightly overrated. Similar to the Monaco side of a few years ago they've spawned a lot of high profile expensive transfer flops, Kluivert, Van De Beek, De Jong and from what I've read De Ligt hasn't been out of this world at Juve. 

The main issue with Barca is the aging process of their stars and the fact the lads that have either come through to replace them or have been bought in to replace them aren't nowhere near on the same level. Add to that they've built a team around Messi who's now in his senior years as a player and maybe can't pull the rabbit out of the hat every week like he used to. 

Some dark years ahead for Barca as they rebuild but I'd say they'd need to start by clearing out Messi and starting again a fresh. 

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Cicero said:

That would be a sight to see. Mbappe vs a 37 year old Wes Morgan. 

Think time itself would stop. 

That phrase comes to mind - what happens when you put up an unstoppable force against an immovable object... 

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think if your side is fully fit and in form, you’d absolutely give them a game and I could see Leicester going through after 2 legs.

Obviously with your left back out for the whole season now.... probably not going to be fully fit this season. But also you’re not going to be playing PSG this season, but maybe next season. Cos I think you’re a cert for top 4 this year.

I’d imagine Leicester are one of the stronger Europa League squads. In England they can give any club a game - there’s no reason they couldn’t in Europe as well.

It's genuinely mad to think there's even a legit discussions about this, and that it's not delusional or anything xD

7 years ago we were in the Championship. Its crazy. 

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

That phrase comes to mind - what happens when you put up an unstoppable force against an immovable object... 

The unstoppable force simply runs around the immovable object and bangs one in the top corner. 

6 hours ago, Stan said:

It's genuinely mad to think there's even a legit discussions about this, and that it's not delusional or anything xD

7 years ago we were in the Championship. Its crazy. 

Yeah, it’s remarkable. Then again you’re not like most clubs that were promoted in the last decade because you got promoted and then a season later won a title. And it seemed pretty bizarre then, but it was a solid side that leaned hard on Vardy, who’s maybe the greatest signing in football, Mahrez, who’s obviously class, and Kante, who for years was (and probably still is) a year world class box to box midfielder.

But I still think it’s pretty remarkable.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived