talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

RB Leipzig 0-2 Liverpool - Tuesday 16th February, 2021 (1st Leg)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
15 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

The away goals should have been scrapped for this season really shouldn't it? Even more of a farce if both legs are being played on neutral ground

Probably don't want the way things work to be changed when games go back to normal. It is a bit of a farce considering what you just mentioned but this is UEFA at the end of the day.

Slowly growing cautiously optimistic at this. We know Leipzig aren’t going to play a low block so the game will at least be open enough for us to take advantage of. On the flip side, they have forward players who can murder us if we decide to capitulate again. 

17 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I think that midfield has been fine recently. Our issues have come when we've made substitutions

I wish we had a bit more "steel" in the midfield, unfortunately Fab out and Hendo drafted into defence again.

I'm happy Curtis is starting. Winaldum? meh not so much. I'd love to see Thiago have a good game if only to shut the numbskulls up that have already decided he's a failure even though he hasn't played in a balanced midfield yet.:what:

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I woke up today and remembered we had to play in Europe in the form we’re in.

I’d be lying if I had I had any confidence of getting a result tonight

I don't think anyone is confident at all, any team with Bobby, Sadio and Mo up front has obviously got a chance but when you look at the rest of the team it looks makeshift at best.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

That's a quality save if Alisson has got a touch to that.

Naglesmann has decided to go with no out and out forwards this evening, as he often does in Europe. It could pay off, they've certainly started well.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Michael said:

Naglesmann has decided to go with no out and out forwards this evening, as he often does in Europe. It could pay off, they've certainly started well.

Yep it's quite an open start. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Oof, what an effort from Robertson. Gulacsi's clearance falls straight to him and he hits the top of the bar 

It looked like it hit the top of the net, just beyond the bar, either way, it was a great effort from Robertson.

• The title was changed to RB Leipzig 0-2 Liverpool - Tuesday 16th February, 2021 (1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived