talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

RB Leipzig 0-2 Liverpool - Tuesday 16th February, 2021 (1st Leg)

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

I don't disagree with the statements about the attack being a bit lackluster yesterday night. It could really have gone wrong for us on so many occasions in that match with the way Angelino was finding spaces and even a chance that was hard but really could have been a goal. Alisson takes a lot of credit for keeping us in it and the rest of the team for stepping up after the collapse they had in the last game from a potential winning position.

As I said, this isn't the end of this tie and I feel like there's one more turn left for Leipzig to throw at us. We've got returning players in 3 weeks time to help bolster our midfield a bit more and our defense so we may see a completely different setup to the first leg but I wouldn't put it past Naglesmann to field a more attack-minded outfit when the second leg is played. 

Yes, Alisson redeemed himself in a way against Leipzig, after his rare howlers in Liverpool's previous 2 Premier League matches. Leipzig will no doubt continue to give a good fight in the return leg, but I just think that Liverpool are a side that are not going to lose the lead that they have, especially at Anfield. If Leipzig throw the kitchen sink at Liverpool, I can see that kind of suiting the likes of Salah and Mane to hit the Germans on the break. So as usual, it will be a case of who takes their chances. But hey, this is football, so anything is possible I suppose in terms of who prevails. 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Well you'd imagine he would have done it earlier last night when the first goal went in as well. They really were causing problems at one point and a bit more attack might have seen them get a more favorable result. 

I don't know what was going through his head last night but going into the second leg 0-2 down you would have to think he will be fielding a much more attacking side.

The only good news is that we just aren't a team that will (or can given defensive injuries) park the bus.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived