talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

RB Leipzig 0-2 Liverpool - Tuesday 16th February, 2021 (1st Leg)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LFCMike said:

Superb that. Went a bit flat after the subs but no major fuck ups this time.

No huge blunders by Alisson tonight, like he cost you in your last two games. He had a good game overall and so did most of the other Liverpool players. They did a professional job against the German side.

Liverpool's new CB had a pretty solid game I thought. Despite some scares, he seemed pretty composed IMO.

Should give him the world of confidence after last Saturday.

Ironic really because all the talk of Upamecano being Europe's next best CB and he didn't impress me at all tonight.

8 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

He was fucking terrible

Yep, absolute gash. Not really watched much of him to have any judgement previously but that was shocking. 

That's the problem with bandwagons, some players get built up far too quick.

Just now, Danny said:

Is he terrible or did he just have a terrible game?

I've seen a few games of his, mostly in continental competition and I'm not fully convinced to be honest. I'm not sure how he does in the Bundesliga but to be fair, Boateng was highly rated for looking great in the German league, and always got exposed internationally. He's a good CB, but not more than that. Take that with a grain of salt though.

6 minutes ago, Mpache said:

I've seen a few games of his, mostly in continental competition and I'm not fully convinced to be honest. I'm not sure how he does in the Bundesliga but to be fair, Boateng was highly rated for looking great in the German league, and always got exposed internationally. He's a good CB, but not more than that. Take that with a grain of salt though.

He got exposed internationally at the 2018 world cup. Prior to that he was excellent, collecting world cups and champions league honors. You're talking out your arse as usual 

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

He got exposed internationally at the 2018 world cup. Prior to that he was excellent, collecting world cups and champions league honors. You're talking out your arse as usual 

Got exposed in the semi's of the CL every year though. He won what, 1 champions league? Also thought he was the weak link in that German squad in 2014.

20 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Upamecano is the new Boateng. Stands out in Germany but isn't great when playing internationally.

What a daft statement. Upamecano was an absolute rock for RB Leipzig last season on their way to the semi finals of the Champions League. As for Boateng, he was great both for club level and internationally in the past. It is only in the last few years where he has lost his pace, that he is not the player that he used to be.

1 minute ago, Michael said:

What a daft statement. Upamecano was an absolute rock for RB Leipzig last season on their way to the semi finals of the Champions League. As for Boateng, he was great both for club level and internationally in the past. It is only in the last few years where he has lost his pace, that he is not the player that he used to be.

You can't argue with the guinea pig eater. He sees a player one time and decides that gives him a diploma on their entire career. 

He got exposed every semi final? How come they made 2 finals then? You're off your head. 

Ah I forgot about the 2012 final. Point stands though, what I've seen of him he's an absolute clown and always has been.

I don't see how winning titles though suddenly makes him a top player though. In that 2014 World Cup he got beat time and time again. I recall Ghana and Algeria both had a field day with him. And Real Madrid/Barcelona both battered Bayern because of a slow defence, with Messi making him look like a chump. In short, I've never rated and don't see where all the hype came from.

2 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Ah I forgot about the 2012 final. Point stands though, what I've seen of him he's an absolute clown and always has been.

I don't see how winning titles though suddenly makes him a top player though. In that 2014 World Cup he got beat time and time again. I recall Ghana and Algeria both had a field day with him. And Real Madrid/Barcelona both battered Bayern because of a slow defence, with Messi making him look like a chump. In short, I've never rated and don't see where all the hype came from.

Well that's funny because he used to be quite fast. But you don't even remember 2012 do you? because you were 12 at the time. 

2 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You can't argue with the guinea pig eater. He sees a player one time and decides that gives him a diploma on their entire career. 

Mpache will just hate on anything to do with Germany or the Bundesliga. There is no logic to a lot of what he says unfortunately. Sometimes he is on point, but a lot of the time he just talks out of his @*$e.

Well that's funny because he used to be quite fast. But you don't even remember 2012 do you? because you were 12 at the time. 

I don't, maybe he was better back around that time. However, 2013 on I remember quite clearly and he's always been an overhyped player who I found to be a weak link in all his sides.

Just now, Michael said:

Mpache will just hate on anything to do with Germany or the Bundesliga. There is no logic to a lot of what he says unfortunately. Sometimes he is on point, but a lot of the time he just talks out of his @*$e.

Bundesliga supporters are proving to be fucking snowflakes with crass comments like these. That's my opinion. I find defending in the league to be shite, and I know a lot more who share that opinion with me. So the bar for a defender is quite low. The top teams are all great but the fact Boateng was labelled one of the top CB's in the past few years speaks volumes to me. The Bundesliga is a respectable league in it's own right and easily top 3 in the world, but the defending is a big flaw in it.

Just now, Mpache said:

Bundesliga supporters are proving to be fucking snowflakes with crass comments like these. That's my opinion. I find defending in the league to be shite, and I know a lot more who share that opinion with me. So the bar for a defender is quite low. The top teams are all great but the fact Boateng was labelled one of the top CB's in the past few years speaks volumes to me. The Bundesliga is a respectable league in it's own right and easily top 3 in the world, but the defending is a big flaw in it.

It's got nothing to do with being a snowflake. Quite frankly when someone talks rubbish, it doesn't really bother me, it just shows them up for not knowing much. If you knew anything about the Bundesliga, you would know that most sides are set out offensively, which allows more goals to be scored. It has got nothing to do with the quality of the defenders, it's to do with the style of play. Don't call on others, speak for yourself, because I could equally tell you that I know loads of people who say that the Bundesliga produces some of the best defenders. As for Boateng, he was rated worldwide as a great defender when he was at his peak, so your point unfortunately falls flat on it's face.

Just now, Michael said:

It's got nothing to do with being a snowflake. Quite frankly when someone talks rubbish, it doesn't really bother me

It absolutely does.

Just now, Michael said:

It has got nothing to do with the quality of the defenders, it's to do with the style of play. 

That doesn't change that they look shite defensively though. You can be an offensive team and look great defensively. They don't.

1 minute ago, Michael said:

As for Boateng, he was rated worldwide as a great defender when he was at his peak, so your point unfortunately falls flat on it's face.

Good for them, I disagree because to me he's always been Bayern's and Germany's weak link.

8 minutes ago, Mpache said:

No one proves to be a snowflake here, and you being entitled an opinion doesn't mean we have to agree with you. While you're entitled to your opinion we're entitled to criticize it. On a side note I believe there are more than few Peruvians, who share your opinion Peru were a good football team, that doesn't make them right, though.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived