talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

RB Leipzig 0-2 Liverpool - Tuesday 16th February, 2021 (1st Leg)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
6 hours ago, Michael said:

Of course they are not bad. They were last season's semi-finalists. They have had the disadvantage of not playing on home ground here tonight(They are playing in Hungary instead of in Leipzig, Germany) and they will have to go to Anfield in the second leg as well. Two blunders in defence has cost them, but we can't take anything away from Liverpool as both Salah and Mane took their chances superbly, proving what world class forwards they are. Leipzig have had their chances, it just hasn't been their day, which happens in football. RB Leipzig are a very young side and losing to a top side like Liverpool is no disgrace. 

I've never thought they were bad tbh its just that you watch a team that can do a lot and they tend to have bad nights. This was one for Leipzig. I'm not a 100% sure if the home advantage would have counted here but its unfair that they have to play this two-legged game and not have the ability to play in their stadium while we get to play them at Anfield in leg two. I also think when they come to Anfield it will be a totally different game and this tie is not over yet.  

• Subscriber
41 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Imo the best thing about this match was having a ref that wasn’t bog standard. Idk what the hell is up with officiating in England this season, but it was nice to have competent officiating for a change.

What was astonishing to me was how fast the VAR checks went. No waiting endlessly for something that seemed obvious.

Just for the record I read through the thread 3 times again, and just realized I should never debate again. Tired of it, some people just cannot win. I started being cautious and saying “take this with a grain of salt” before 3 Germans came in to attack me using derogatory terms against me and then putting words into my mouth (apparently I’ve called people morons. I’ve CTRL+F’d every page and I’m still looking for where I said that). This thread summarizes everything that’s wrong with this forum and why a couple of long time members have left. If you don’t have defence no facts can win you an argument. It’s like arguing with flat earthers and anti-Vaxxers. Can’t counter stupid.

And no I’m not making myself the victim, and if I was why does it matter? 🤦‍♂️

8 hours ago, Mpache said:

Maybe learn to ban those who are respected too. The rules are the rules, and there's a serious fucking bias that's coming across as Smiley Culture and Toinho often point out.

If I called Ruck a cretin I would have been suspended. Guarantee it. Don't even try to sugarcoat it. I presented my facts and you are still choosing to have a laugh.

Thats just totally false mate. 

7 hours ago, Mpache said:

Alright dude, I literally said to take my opinion with a grain of salt and still got attacked for it.

Didn't call anyone a moron here, I was called a "cretin" instead. So maybe it's not me who needs help? :34_rolling_eyes:

You did. But as the argument wore on the quality of your claims became less nuanced and more inflammatory.

Reading through I was assuming you were deliberately trying to get up their goat with some of the comments you made after that first Boateng post.

1 minute ago, Harry said:

You did. But as the argument wore on the quality of your claims became less nuanced and more inflammatory.

Reading through I was assuming you were deliberately trying to get up their goat with some of the comments you made after that first Boateng post.

Nice, I didn’t notice that at all in my posts.

Just now, Mpache said:

@Staff, I have a suggestion, we should lock this thread and move our little debacle to PM's. Think this being public has had it's day. Just let me know :) 

Or you should fucking grow up. 

The Liverpool and Bundesliga fans make up some of the best, knowledgeable and mature members on this forum. They have a right to talk about one of the biggest matches of the season thus far less than twelve hours after it has finished. If anybody does not wish to contribute to the discussion of this football match they do not have to view this thread.

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Mpache said:

@Staff, I have a suggestion, we should lock this thread and move our little debacle to PM's. Think this being public has had it's day. Just let me know :) 

Why the announcement? Just PM each other? We don't have to let you know. You have the capability to PM each other without our permission. 

Just now, Stan said:

Why the announcement? Just PM each other? We don't have to let you know. You have the capability to PM each other without our permission. 

Just to avoid more posts from anyone. Didn't work. Will PM you though.

58 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

The Liverpool and Bundesliga fans make up some of the best, knowledgeable and mature members on this forum. They have a right to talk about one of the biggest matches of the season thus far less than twelve hours after it has finished. If anybody does not wish to contribute to the discussion of this football match they do not have to view this thread.

Yeah. And also we haven't had our standard Madlad Rick bickering season yet. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Those 2 deleted posts were some of my best work. Art, that has been lost to time and space. Shame on you @Stan

You've done miles better elsewhere mate xD 

6 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I've never thought they were bad tbh its just that you watch a team that can do a lot and they tend to have bad nights. This was one for Leipzig. I'm not a 100% sure if the home advantage would have counted here but its unfair that they have to play this two-legged game and not have the ability to play in their stadium while we get to play them at Anfield in leg two. I also think when they come to Anfield it will be a totally different game and this tie is not over yet.  

I think that RB Leipzig playing at home, would have made some sort of advantageous difference, given the fact that RB Leipzig are renowned for their excellent home form at the Red Bull Arena. However, I also thought that Nagelsmann might have gotten the tactics wrong in this game. I think that he should have started with one of his strikers, either Poulsen or Sorloth. They could have possibly provided more of the end product for Leipzig, especially as they are good at getting on the end of Angelino's crosses. RB Leipzig had some dangerous chances in this game, but their finishing let them down and had one of their strikers started on the pitch, it could possibly been a different story. Opting to play without recognised strikers would have worked better in the away leg at Anfield. I guess Naglesmann wanted to prioritise Leipzig not conceding, given this was supposed to be the home leg(with an eye on the away goals rule), but the two defensive blunders by Leipzig wrecked everything on that front.

I also happen to think that Leipzig are really missing the presence of Konrad Laimer in their midfield this season, his energy and ball winning ability was instrumental in their great semi final run in last season's Champions League. The likes of Kevin Kampl are much less influential in that regard.

Having said that, RB Leipzig were up against Liverpool, one of the best club sides in the world. Liverpool played some excellent football, with Salah and Mane as lethal as ever. They took their chances clinically and that is a sign of the world class players that they are. Which in turn has set them up as big favourites to go through, when the return leg at Anfield is played. I think that Liverpool have too much experience and too much quality to let a 2 goal 1st leg advantage slip on home soil. Klopp will have them fully prepared for their home match, as he looks to retain the Champions League trophy that he won with them in 2019.

1 minute ago, Michael said:

I think that RB Leipzig playing at home, would have made some sort of advantageous difference, given the fact that RB Leipzig are renowned for their excellent home form at the Red Bull Arena. However, I also thought that Nagelsmann might have gotten the tactics wrong in this game. I think that he should have started with one of his strikers, either Poulsen or Sorloth. They could have possibly provided more of the end product for Leipzig, especially as they are good at getting on the end of Angelino's crosses. RB Leipzig had some dangerous chances in this game, but their finishing let them down and had one of their strikers started on the pitch, it could possibly been a different story. Opting to play without recognised strikers would have worked better in the away leg at Anfield. I guess Naglesmann wanted to prioritise Leipzig not conceding, given this was supposed to be the home leg(with an eye on the away goals rule), but the two defensive blunders by Leipzig wrecked everything on that front.

I also happen to think that Leipzig are really missing the presence of Konrad Laimer in their midfield this season, his energy and ball winning ability was instrumental in their great semi final run in last season's Champions League. The likes of Kevin Kampl are much less influential in that regard.

Having said that, RB Leipzig were up against Liverpool, one of the best club sides in the world. Liverpool played some excellent football, with Salah and Mane as lethal as ever. They took their chances clinically and that is a sign of the world class players that they are. Which in turn has set them up as big favourites to go through, when the return leg at Anfield is played. I think that Liverpool have too much experience and too much quality to let a 2 goal 1st leg advantage slip on home soil. Klopp will have them fully prepared for their home match, as he looks to retain the Champions League trophy that he won with them in 2019.

Sounds like the second leg will be played on neutral ground too. 

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Sounds like the second leg will be played on neutral ground too. 

Is that the case? I've not read that, but if it is true, then that is some interesting news. Things are constantly changing with the Covid regulations, so it's not really surprising we are seeing all these changes and restrictions.

16 minutes ago, Michael said:

Is that the case? I've not read that, but if it is true, then that is some interesting news. Things are constantly changing with the Covid regulations, so it's not really surprising we are seeing all these changes and restrictions.

Yeah because Leipzig will need to quarantine on their return from England.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Michael said:

I don't disagree with the statements about the attack being a bit lackluster yesterday night. It could really have gone wrong for us on so many occasions in that match with the way Angelino was finding spaces and even a chance that was hard but really could have been a goal. Alisson takes a lot of credit for keeping us in it and the rest of the team for stepping up after the collapse they had in the last game from a potential winning position.

As I said, this isn't the end of this tie and I feel like there's one more turn left for Leipzig to throw at us. We've got returning players in 3 weeks time to help bolster our midfield a bit more and our defense so we may see a completely different setup to the first leg but I wouldn't put it past Naglesmann to field a more attack-minded outfit when the second leg is played. 

55 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I don't disagree with the statements about the attack being a bit lackluster yesterday night. It could really have gone wrong for us on so many occasions in that match with the way Angelino was finding spaces and even a chance that was hard but really could have been a goal. Alisson takes a lot of credit for keeping us in it and the rest of the team for stepping up after the collapse they had in the last game from a potential winning position.

As I said, this isn't the end of this tie and I feel like there's one more turn left for Leipzig to throw at us. We've got returning players in 3 weeks time to help bolster our midfield a bit more and our defense so we may see a completely different setup to the first leg but I wouldn't put it past Naglesmann to field a more attack-minded outfit when the second leg is played. 

I would think that is a given.

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

I would think that is a given.

Well you'd imagine he would have done it earlier last night when the first goal went in as well. They really were causing problems at one point and a bit more attack might have seen them get a more favorable result. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived